Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

If you know a thing about safety and the outdoors then you know having a whistle on a shoe is better than no whistle at all. Ive said this already and no reply from you the first time but I get it, nothing you can really say to that.
Weird I don’t see whistle as one of the 10 essentials. Not to mention the shoe isn’t even built for the outdoors but hey I guess hypebeast love cute novelty items that they can put their lips around.

I mean you are just getting milked for more money. ALD early access is essentially just to get a count for how many they need to produce.
Please take no offense when I ask these, but do you ever have anything remotely good to say? Seems like every post is negative. It's either about the brand itself, another retailer/collab, or a member's individual experience.

Weird I don’t see whistle as one of the 10 essentials. Not to mention the shoe isn’t even built for the outdoors but hey I guess hypebeast love cute novelty items that they can put their lips around.

The point I was making is having something you need is better than not having it all. You think if Rose didnt have a whistle those boats woudda turned around to save her? Im sure if the damn whistle was on a shoe she could care less and still use it.

The point I was making is having something you need is better than not having it all. You think if Rose didnt have a whistle those boats woudda turned around to save her? Im sure if the damn whistle was on a shoe she could care less and still use it.
The point is if your going to market it do it effectively and make it more useful that useless. For Christ sakes you are referencing a 1930s movie. Life jackets have whistles built in them now days.

That’s a preorder, not early access.
Your right you get put on their EA list when you sign up on their website. That’s what I did for one release and have scored on every single release since. Still missing the point offering a gift card and early access is just a way to sucker a customer into spending more $$$ as opposed to giving it back.

The point is if your going to market it do it effectively and make it more useful that useless. For Christ sakes you are referencing a 1930s movie. Life jackets have whistles built in them now days.

Your right you get put on their EA list when you sign up on their website. That’s what I did for one release and have scored on every single release since. Still missing the point offering a gift card and early access is just a way to sucker a customer into spending more $$$ as opposed to giving it back.

Thats still not the point. :lol:

You are taking it way too serious. Im SURE Salahe and literally everyone else aint taking the whistle thing that serious. I thinl we ALL know its “dumb”.

And why would said customer spend more? Your inital point is they use EA to determine how many pairs to make or whatever. How would that affect the EA customers into spending more money?

Um no. Early Access for when you spend past a certain threshold where you get to buy the goods a day before general public. The 1300s were a preorder. The 550s now was ALD ordering x number of pairs before taking moneys and then raffling them off, meaning ALD fronted the money in the beginning. Also, didn’t guy get his refund in addition to the gift card or did I misread that?

Um no. Early Access for when you spend past a certain threshold where you get to buy the goods a day before general public. The 1300s were a preorder. The 550s now was ALD ordering x number of pairs before taking moneys and then raffling them off, meaning ALD fronted the money in the beginning. Also, didn’t guy get his refund in addition to the gift card or did I misread that?

Yeah im getting a refund and store credit and idk how that would make me spend more. That last post doesnt align with what he said earlier either. Said EA would affect how much they make, now its EA and GC would make that individual spend more. I dont get it.

Please take no offense when I ask these, but do you ever have anything remotely good to say? Seems like every post is negative. It's either about the brand itself, another retailer/collab, or a member's individual experience.
I take back my previous statement. I think I’ve seen 3god at least say he liked a shoe once or twice. Never with this guy.

I take back my previous statement. I think I’ve seen 3god at least say he liked a shoe once or twice. Never with this guy.
No I think JFG did a great job with his last pair. The brand has been trash lately, marketing garbage, Tokyo design studio flop/quality, navy 990s for $300 retail, that jaden shoe, lack of innovation and technology coupled with doing an overall garbage job with supply chain and communication. New Balance hasn’t done anything except spend marketing $$$ to geneate garbage hype that they can’t keep up with their own quality standards. I’ll still give my 2 cents. Start a new thread if you want a positive vibes only.

No I think JFG did a great job with his last pair. The brand has been trash lately, marketing garbage, Tokyo design studio flop/quality, navy 990s for $300 retail, that jaden shoe, lack of innovation and technology coupled with doing an overall garbage job with supply chain and communication. New Balance hasn’t done anything except spend marketing $$$ to geneate garbage hype that they can’t keep up with their own quality standards. I’ll still give my 2 cents. Start a new thread if you want a positive vibes only.

Most of their releases are on point and you let Jaden and Salahe’s shoes ruin your perception of them? 2 shoes out of how many? :lol:

How is he getting milked? He is getting a free pair of shoes!?
Haha I’ll be honest I read that wrong and thought they were giving him a gift card instead of refunding. Stand by the brand, lack of communication, ****ty supply chain (even pre Covid), lack of R&D, lack of ingenuity and creativity the past 5 years. I put all of this “negativity” because they read it and it’s true

Haha I’ll be honest I read that wrong and thought they were giving him a gift card instead of refunding. Stand by the brand, lack of communication, ****ty supply chain (even pre Covid), lack of R&D, lack of ingenuity and creativity the past 5 years. I put all of this “negativity” because they read it and it’s true

Refund + GC.

Last 5 years though? Lack of communication? Man what. :lol:

Just found out they did a 574 in the 1300JP colorway and scooped from SNS for a cool $55.

C5A412D0-AA64-43BA-98F7-6AA369EC7469.jpeg

If your falling for a gimmicky/limited product that is completely unnecessary and wouldn’t sell without a big name behind it, you are a hypebeast. Which seems to be the case.

A few generations away from clothes being marketed for intended use? Most brands are very straightforward. Most webs sites even have an “intended” use filter.

The problem is streetwear/high fashion would rather create fomo and market stupid products. Consumers are so caught up in hype and getting everything as soon as possible they buy blindly. Boutiques thrive off of lack of transparency, backdooring and creating fake buzz.
Why are you so bothered by this? It's just a shoe. It's just a whistle. A shoe that I/we purchase with our own money. Furthermore its all purely subjective. What is gimmicky to you is interesting to someone else. Why is that controversial to you? Not all products are utilitarian. There's this thing called art and creative freedom and it is rampant in product design. People buy Jeep Wranglers with the off-roading package and never go off-roading. People wear archival New Balance running shoes that they will never run in. People wear Carhartt and Timberland and never find their way to a construction site. Do you see people wearing basketball shorts and basketball shoes in public and get disgusted if they don't have a basketball in their hand? I liked the New Balance Yurt before I even knew there was a whistle on it. The paneling and midsole design caught my attention. I often like sneakers that many would deem ugly. Always have. Just because you don't understand it or just because you don't agree doesn't make something automatically stupid or bad. You just don't like it for whatever reasons you don't like it and that's cool. But to make assumptions about other people based on your opinion of something and then stating that presumptive opinion as a fact is almost as bad as marketing a safety device to sell a product, you know like putting a whistle on a sneaker. A harmless, whistle.

Why you so mad man? The dude got a refund, a gift card, and essentially a guaranteed release. I'm no MIT grad but, if he got refunded AND got a gift card for the same amount aren't they essentially buying the next product for him? The fact that you missed that is telling. Some people just want to be mad. It's recreational to them.

So you run a successful lifestyle brand huh? I'll have to check it out.

Plot twist, this poster is actually the owners of Concepts salty about ALD and Salehe because they're in the NB Collab spotlight right now instead of them :rofl:

Clever Deon, clever

Thats still not the point. :lol:

You are taking it way too serious. Im SURE Salahe and literally everyone else aint taking the whistle thing that serious. I thinl we ALL know its “dumb”.

And why would said customer spend more? Your inital point is they use EA to determine how many pairs to make or whatever. How would that affect the EA customers into spending more money?
yeah, literally the only person in the world this mad about a whistle. Professional athletes don't get this mad about whistles and those whistle actually impact them. I don't know. Maybe he had a traumatic past experience with a whistle🤷‍♂️

I don’t man I guess kids/hypebeast these days need some sort of oral fixation on hand/foot at all times. From someone that knows a thing or two about safety and outdoors it just comes across as incredibly stupid/completely unnecessary but hey I guess that’s what gets people going these days.

Safety tools such as a whistle on a backpack arent even marketed as a feature most of the time. Most hikers actually find this oit after years of owning a backpack. Honestly a built in compass compartment would be much more useful/still make people go nuts over nothing
If a company spent money to include a functional design element and most customers don't know that element exists until after years of use then that's TERRIBLE marketing on the brands side. If you paid to have a feature included you should make sure customers know it's there. Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom