Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Overpaid with kicks crew but dammit I wanted them, these look so good in person.

7DF3638D-304B-4191-8AAC-D6DC9C3F8D82.jpeg

s dubl s dubl - yeah it seems like I'm finding out about other colorways and such.

I got my Incense 2002R pair in, and the materials remind me of when I got my first pair of Nikes in 2003, which were a pair of ACGs. SUPER good quality upper, and these shoes are VERY comfortable! I'm so freaking glad I've unplugged from the Nike/Jordan box and give these other brands a try.

As much as I really like this colorway, I may end up returning for the "Rain Cloud" color I really like even more and I don't wanna have too many pairs. Seems like true size works for me in the Incense one, but are there any sizing inconsistencies? So far, I only see them on End Clothing for $149, but wondering if there are any other spots in the US that has them?
newbalance_ml2002rr_m-1.jpg

I'll have to spend some time reading through this thread to see what else is good, but if you guys have any suggestions on what other models and/or colorways to look into, please throw them my way. This is very refreshing! Will also spend some time checking out ASICS and Collegium next.

Last edited:
finally copped a pair of 550 the shadow joints... been wanting a pair for a while but its always sold out... luckily this particular color is always restocking and i was able to cop yesterday...i will get them in on Sunday.... this will be my first pair of New Balance ever and probably wont be my last

s dubl s dubl - yeah it seems like I'm finding out about other colorways and such.

I got my Incense 2002R pair in, and the materials remind me of when I got my first pair of Nikes in 2003, which were a pair of ACGs. SUPER good quality upper, and these shoes are VERY comfortable! I'm so freaking glad I've unplugged from the Nike/Jordan box and give these other brands a try.

As much as I really like this colorway, I may end up returning for the "Rain Cloud" color I really like even more and I don't wanna have too many pairs. Seems like true size works for me in the Incense one, but are there any sizing inconsistencies? So far, I only see them on End Clothing for $149, but wondering if there are any other spots in the US that has them?

I'll have to spend some time reading through this thread to see what else is good, but if you guys have any suggestions on what other models and/or colorways to look into, please throw them my way. This is very refreshing! Will also spend some time checking out ASICS and Collegium next.

I am in the same exact boat, just got onto NB's quite recently after getting burnt out by the current Nike/Jordan/Adidas bot buying resale **** show that sneaker culture has become.

This summer i picked up my first pair, the 920 Made in UK multi color (M920MM) and the bug was bitten, next up copped the the Pro Court Cup ( PROCTCT - highly slept on model) in a beige and baby /sky blue and the 991 Made in UK in pink ( M991PNK) .

On the 2002r front, really wanted the "protection pack" Raincloud but cannot justify those resale prices... so picked up the Grey one (ML2002r0) which is a similar colorway... I too copped the Jcrew Incense mainly because of FOMO and regret it. I did end up paying stupid resale for the Jcrew Rainclouds, but those are the ones i wanted most and would be a good daily driver.. I was also worried that NB will not release those anymore (?) as theyve already release all the other "Jcrew" colors and host of new colorsways.... So thats where i am at.

newbalance_ml2002rr_m-1.jpg

To be honest the materials on the 2002R (Incense) are pretty low tier by NB standards. You are gonna lose your mind when you see the quality on some of the older MI USA and MIUK pairs. Glad you have ditched Nike and JB though!

To be honest the materials on the 2002R (Incense) are pretty low tier by NB standards. You are gonna lose your mind when you see the quality on some of the older MI USA and MIUK pairs. Glad you have ditched Nike and JB though!

to be fair, the quality difference is priced into the msrp. but definitely much better than majority of Nike/JB.

michael ballack michael ballack I was looking into one of those "Made In" products and was looking into either the 990v3 or 990v5, and even the Todd Snyder 992s although it seems that may be difficult? I don't know how NB limited releases work compared to Nike.

hitman243 hitman243 - yeah, it seems that way!

There were a lot of baggies talk in this thread last summer. Anyone notice that the price went up? Forget if it was 50 or 55 last year but either way it’s at least an 18% increase 😡

Back
Top Bottom