Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Teddy is just trying to cut out the middleman (StockX/Goat) with the pricing. He has been very experimental with his product releases. First with the pre orders a year early, now with the StockX price from the get go.

It’s going to be interesting to see how these are received. The greys are fire though

NB is mostly testing what the max people will pay, if this is a success they'll up price for the next drop. But 991 aren't coveted enough to demand this kind of price tag.

If they did these on the 992, then that might be a different story.

Wasn't it mentioned that like the 991 Anniversary pair that dropped retailed at $265...add the $10 Teddy Tax and $275 isn't insane. Stray Rat 991s were $260
I understand the argument of "not worth it" because it is mesh. But this isn't some outlandish price hike like people are making it out to be.

But yea....all that said...its an expensive *** sneaker :lol: but if you put these next to a yeezy 700 and said both are ~300....im taking these all day

Wasn't it mentioned that like the 991 Anniversary pair that dropped retailed at $265...add the $10 Teddy Tax and $275 isn't insane. Stray Rat 991s were $260
I understand the argument of "not worth it" because it is mesh. But this isn't some outlandish price hike like people are making it out to be.

But yea....all that said...its an expensive *** sneaker :lol: but if you put these next to a yeezy 700 and said both are ~300....im taking these all day
Beat me to it 👏

lol how are people defending the prices? am i willing and happy to pay $400 CAD (not including duties or shipping by the way) for a pair because it deterred resellers away from buying them? hell no. i might as well wait for resellers to buy these up and see if they end up selling for cheaper if there's no demand for them. if anything, they will just continue to raise prices while the white knights will continue to keep saying it's to prevent resellers from buying :emoji_laughing:

or of course they can make enough pairs for everyone and sell them at normal prices, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

300 with tax is pushing the limit already for a sneaker. I don't see how that boundary gets passed on the regular even with inflation. the yeezy 700 went from 300 to 240 when sales dipped.

lol how are people defending the prices? am i willing and happy to pay $400 CAD (not including duties or shipping by the way) for a pair because it deterred resellers away from buying them? hell no. i might as well wait for resellers to buy these up and see if they end up selling for cheaper if there's no demand for them. if anything, they will just continue to raise prices while the white knights will continue to keep saying it's to prevent resellers from buying :emoji_laughing:

or of course they can make enough pairs for everyone and sell them at normal prices, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

They only charged gst+pst (as opposed to duty) and shipping was like $25. I'm guessing duty is padded into the price.

Unfortunately, the price of everything is going up. But sneakers, especially high priced sneakers ain't a necessity for me. It's okay for consumers to draw a line. With all the money NB makes off JFG, ALD, Jjjjound, Kith collabs, they need to fix that trash queue system.

300 with tax is pushing the limit already for a sneaker. I don't see how that boundary gets passed on the regular even with inflation. the yeezy 700 went from 300 to 240 when sales dipped.

Hold up!...Yeezys retail for $240-$300?? :wow::lol: I seriously had no clue/would never mess with them.

Yeah Jordan brand been increasing prices of shoes by $10 for years. The latest Jordan retros get pricier every time I see. Jordan, Nike, Yeezy are made in sweatshops from the bare minimum materials, 991 are at least made at the UK Flimby factory. I'd rather spend $275 for NB made in UK than $250 for sweatshop Nikes. Still not trying to justify $300 for any sneaker being okay, but I just don't see them getting much cheaper in the future.

At this point it's all about priorities..We don't need every new release that comes out, we don't need 100 sneakers sitting in closets that get worn maybe once or twice a year...If something really speaks to you, grab it, but don't sweat missing out one sneakers because they are too expensive or too exclusive.

I cracked and entered for the greys. I have the Patta 991s and felt at £275 the price is just too steep for a similar shoe. Because of Brexit I ended up paying close to £300 for the Patta’s after picking them up from the Patta online release. I do have a feeling that they might release on the regular New Balance website later of and probably retail between £225-£250.

A couple of recent pickups.....now that government employees can get the 25% discount through ID.me, I will definitely be hitting up NB's site way more often. LOL
Can someone link me on how this works. Went through the Nb site and can’t figure it out. And I do have a iD.me account. Thanks!

Did anyone get a IG notification saying your JFG Order has been shipped But no tracking but got a estimated arrival for tomorrow?

Teddy is just trying to cut out the middleman (StockX/Goat) with the pricing. He has been very experimental with his product releases. First with the pre orders a year early, now with the StockX price from the get go.

It’s going to be interesting to see how these are received. The greys are fire though
The easiest way to cut out the middle man is to make more.

At this point it's all about priorities..We don't need every new release that comes out, we don't need 100 sneakers sitting in closets that get worn maybe once or twice a year...

I’ve (most of us in here actually) been telling myself that since 2000.

22 years later, still here.

1654024248645.gif

Back
Top Bottom