Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

smh i wish 990v3s ran a little wider. that being said, are 991s typically the same? might finally scoop the run the boroughs.

Are the women’s 990 v3 much different than the men’s? I’m thinking about getting an extra wide pair of women’s in a size 10.5 (men’s 9). Thanks.

smh i wish 990v3s ran a little wider. that being said, are 991s typically the same? might finally scoop the run the boroughs.

.5 up from your 990v3 for sure...But some of the 991 are pretty snug too, you might even need to go a full size up...But they might be too big length wise in that case.

I do get what you mean about the 990v3 though...I go .5 down for them and they fit great length wise, but sometimes the edges of my feet feel a little uncomfortable. Going TTS on them they feel like boats though. I actually got rid of a lot of my 990v3 recently.

.5 up from your 990v3 for sure...But some of the 991 are pretty snug too, you might even need to go a full size up...But they might be too big length wise in that case.

I do get what you mean about the 990v3 though...I go .5 down for them and they fit great length wise, but sometimes the edges of my feet feel a little uncomfortable. Going TTS on them they feel like boats though. I actually got rid of a lot of my 990v3 recently.

that's exactly how i feel. if they were just a TINY bit wider, they'd be money. i've halted buying 990v3 since they don't fit quite right. like many of us, i'm past the point of too many pairs, so i'm trying to be a lot more selective. just sucks, bc the v3's are one of the best looking NB models.

Buy what you like, screw what others think. We all have gone through phases in our preferences…

With that said, any sites still have the burgundy teddy v3s for retail?
Buy what you like, screw what others think. We all have gone through phases in our preferences…

With that said, any sites still have the burgundy teddy v3s for retail?
[/QUOT

Check your DM bro.

I've a wide foot and even .5 up in 991s don't work for me.
Same. The most recent ALD pairs have been the most roomy 991s I've tried and they still pinch my pinky going TTS. I also tried half size up and then they were too long, little over a thumbs width space at the end of the shoe. I've just given up on 991s.

Surprisedly the v1s kinda fit me the same way. Length is fine TTS but edges still squeeze my foot more than I like so I've given up on those too. Luckily it's not my favorite model anyway.

I feel the same also but I'd rather have a shoe a little long than tight on the sides so I go TTS for them and the v2s. The Teddy v2s do fit a little bigger than normal v2s but I still can't size down in them due to the edges squeezing my foot. And I don't even have wide feet. Length wise they're great half size down but just can't deal with the constant squeezing, especially after wearing them all day.

I do the same for 993s also. I could size down for that snug one to one fit, with a little room at the end of shoe but it's just not comfortable to me. I know a lot of people size down in MiUSA but I guess I'm in the minority.

lazy - picked three colors of suede and called it a "design"
He pretty much copied Tyler too. Different shades, but same concept
tyler-the-creator-x-converse-golf-le-fleur-2018-1800x1200.jpg

joe-freshgoods-new-balance-993-2

lazy - picked three colors of suede and called it a "design"
What exactly are we looking for🤷🏿‍♂️? Lol

He's done color blocking on the 992 and 990 v3 and 9060s. And killed it with each one, arguably at least. He gave us tonal colors on these and it's a pack. If it were just one shoe I maybe could see the complaint but it's a pack of 993s in tones I haven't seen before on this model. Definitely better than what JJJJound does. To each his own for sure but, not seeing the laziness in these🤷🏿‍♂️

What exactly are we looking for🤷🏿‍♂️? Lol

He's done color blocking on the 992 and 990 v3 and 9060s. And killed it with each one, arguably at least. He gave us tonal colors on these and it's a pack. If it were just one shoe I maybe could see the complaint but it's a pack of 993s in tones I haven't seen before on this model. Definitely better than what JJJJound does. To each his own for sure but, not seeing the laziness in these🤷🏿‍♂️

Im saying, aint that most collabs? Take a shoe, change the colorway. Maybe a few details here and there. :lol:

speaking of marbleheads, holla at me if you want a pair of 11.5 v2s worn 2x. definitely should have sized down.
I went TTS on all v2s from the collection and they definitely fit more roomy but I also tried them half size down and it was just too snug of fit for me personally. The length was good but I really felt the edges even just walking around the house. A lot of people still seem to be sizing down in them though so guess I'm in the minority.

Im saying, aint that most collabs? Take a shoe, change the colorway. Maybe a few details here and there. :lol:
Exactly. I don't know if it's recency bias or just lack of knowledge but that's pretty much all a collaboration has ever been.......color blocking and/or materials. Bringing a trio of tonal shades to a model that never sees that type of lifestyle treatment is significant enough to me 🤷🏿‍♂️. Only until recently did it become common for brands to allow the collaborator to change significant design elements (wavy mudguards on patta air max 1s, backwards swoosh or ankle stash pocket on TS AJ6, etc.). Brands like New Balance have never really done that. It's pretty much always been materials and color blocking on their collabs. Brands like Reebok have been very liberal in what they allow collaborators to do.

Was talking about this with a friend the other day. Feel like most collabs lately have been the more toned down or easy to wear color when compared to some GR releases. 992 collabs vs. GRs for example:

M992CC_a1

jjjjound-x-new-balance-992_w1160.jpeg
That's a good point. Coming up, collab used to mean wild colors in most cases because the brand usually had the more traditional color blocking options. But these days it's been about wearability since the brands are jumping out the window on the first colorway.

Need the navy or grey protection pack 2002R to start being eligible for discounts - found a few sites with them sitting but I’m being cheap and would like to grab them under retail.

Back
Top Bottom