Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just ordered a pair on SNS. They also restocked on the Amethyst.

0E021470-C133-4D30-9DCE-A62E579E8B87.jpeg

I don’t really call myself a sneaker head but I love any and all sneakers. The climate in the sneaker game has been reduced to whatever it trendy or whatever “influencers” are trying to push. Like someone said people been on NB since the 574s. My first NB was the teal green goretex M580 that just caked on me last week. I had that shoe for about 12 years of constant wear. I think NB is winning right now cuz like a large section of consumers, we are tired of resellers and Nike and adidas with the limited bull****. NB are regularly stocked and restocked and you don’t have to jump through hoops to cop. The off white drop… wtf? Cats asking Jeopardy *** questions so you can cop kicks? Naw I’m good. I got the vintage orange protection pack this past week with ZERO hassle from footlocker. Had em on my feet two days later. Comfy and the quality is great. And for under $200. The collabs are fire. The colorways are nice and wearable. JFG, Teddy, Salehe all doing great things never mind mentioning the OG Fieg with the kith classics. Cop what you like and rock them ****s. F everything else…

Oneness? They look really nice.

I went back n forth on ordering, and when I decided to pull the trigger, page was gone… I think they pulled em from the site.

I don’t really call myself a sneaker head but I love any and all sneakers. The climate in the sneaker game has been reduced to whatever it trendy or whatever “influencers” are trying to push. Like someone said people been on NB since the 574s. My first NB was the teal green goretex M580 that just caked on me last week. I had that shoe for about 12 years of constant wear. I think NB is winning right now cuz like a large section of consumers, we are tired of resellers and Nike and adidas with the limited bull****. NB are regularly stocked and restocked and you don’t have to jump through hoops to cop. The off white drop… wtf? Cats asking Jeopardy *** questions so you can cop kicks? Naw I’m good. I got the vintage orange protection pack this past week with ZERO hassle from footlocker. Had em on my feet two days later. Comfy and the quality is great. And for under $200. The collabs are fire. The colorways are nice and wearable. JFG, Teddy, Salehe all doing great things never mind mentioning the OG Fieg with the kith classics. Cop what you like and rock them ****s. F everything else…

The collabs be hard af to get though. However, the good thing about NB is they have a **** ton of colorways that almost look like some collabs. Hell, you could switch the collab and a GR and it would "work".

But also, people need to normalize what is being pushed by influencers or whatever, I mean thats the point. Things get popular, whether by a celebrity or a collab and then get exposed to more stuff in the brand. Have influencers or whoever push it. I see nothing wrong with that, isnt that a goal every brand wants? If you owned a brand woudnt you want it to flourish and gain traction, popularity, etc. Why gatekeep here.

If anyone sees the orange 2002 PP in a Mens 6 can yaw holler.

also OG cw supposed to rerelease next year in huge numbers, hella urban retailers should be receiving

The collabs be hard af to get though. However, the good thing about NB is they have a **** ton of colorways that almost look like some collabs. Hell, you could switch the collab and a GR and it would "work".

But also, people need to normalize what is being pushed by influencers or whatever, I mean thats the point. Things get popular, whether by a celebrity or a collab and then get exposed to more stuff in the brand. Have influencers or whoever push it. I see nothing wrong with that, isnt that a goal every brand wants? If you owned a brand woudnt you want it to flourish and gain traction, popularity, etc. Why gatekeep here.
I feel you. On one hand I get the desire to have things you're into remain niche and maybe even obscure. There's an allure and novelty to being into something with limited exposure and acceptance. But from a brand perspective, unless exclusivity and scarcity are intrinsic to the brand, you want popularity and widespread acceptance. So while I liked NB being my IYKYK go to sneaker I'm enjoying the popularity of the brand too. I think this is something that New Balance does better than most sneaker brands. They have their collabs that are more exclusive and hype. (JJJJound They have quality models that are readily available (2002rs). And they have their if you know you know type sneakers for the purists. And they are all of nearly the same quality sonnonone looses.

The JP colored protection pack has always been the one for me. I like them better then the rain clouds. Something about that blue/grey color palette that i can't get enough of

Also not a fan of any of the JFGs 993s. There are too many better looking NBs out and coming out to even consider copping a JFG

Back
Top Bottom