Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

0M6A7987.jpeg
0M6A7978.jpeg

Look at it this way.......would you rather NB kill the 990x/MiUSA/MiUK models by over doing it with the collabs/packs/colorways/releases etc or use that energy on the newer models and actually leave the models we love most relatively alone🤷🏿‍♂️?

I'd personally be pretty bummed if they played out the models we care about the most by oversaturating the market. I also love that I can pretty much hit up a variety of sneaker stores/websites and find quality NB GRs at the ready......besides 574's and 997H's🤦🏿‍♂️ (no hate on either of those but kinda glad that era is done).

Definitely would like some models to be a bit more accessible (still looking at you Raw Amethyst 990v3 :nerd: ) and while they're no 990v3, the 2002r/9060/1906r are all pretty solid. Kinda wish they wouldn't have OD'd with the protection pack dress up but, NB has definitely afforded themselves some grace as I can't remember them ever being that Nike about something.

I feel like NB has always kinda done this. I used to work at a boutique that didn't have a Nike account but had pretty much everything else. Usually when we got our NB shipments in, it would just be multiple CW's in 997's, 998's and 990's (different versions). Sometimes we would get the odd 1500 or Horween model but they've never really gone too crazy with their collabs. I find that stores collab on different models all the time as NB has a fairly big catalogue of silhouettes in general. They over saturate on popular models for GR's but I find that the average Joe doesn't want to pay the MSRP premium on MIU or MIUK models. Asics was like the opposite where they just went crazy with collabs on GLV and GL3.

NB's identity is kind of a higher end shoe so the higher end models are a good example. The made in Asia stuff is not that great in terms of quality and feel more along the lines of general running shoes.

I feel like NB has always kinda done this. I used to work at a boutique that didn't have a Nike account but had pretty much everything else. Usually when we got our NB shipments in, it would just be multiple CW's in 997's, 998's and 990's (different versions). Sometimes we would get the odd 1500 or Horween model but they've never really gone too crazy with their collabs. I find that stores collab on different models all the time as NB has a fairly big catalogue of silhouettes in general. They over saturate on popular models for GR's but I find that the average Joe doesn't want to pay the MSRP premium on MIU or MIUK models. Asics was like the opposite where they just went crazy with collabs on GLV and GL3.

NB's identity is kind of a higher end shoe so the higher end models are a good example. The made in Asia stuff is not that great in terms of quality and feel more along the lines of general running shoes.
I agree with all that. They could have switched it up in attempt to capitalize on the recent increase in popularity but, I'm glad they are sticking to the script. Teddy was a great move. It's crazy because that's kinda the role Kanye and Jerry wanted at Nike and Adidas. They wanted more than collabs. They wanted to steer an entire creative direction for a division of the brand. But instead the brands just borrowed design elements from them and essentially created take downs. What Teddy is doing with the 990 series the past couple years doesn't feel at all like a take down of what NB has done with ALD. Nike and Adidas could have done similarly with Virgil and Kanye and Jerry. What Teddy has done is a lot more tasteful and effective.

I agree with all that. They could have switched it up in attempt to capitalize on the recent increase in popularity but, I'm glad they are sticking to the script. Teddy was a great move. It's crazy because that's kinda the role Kanye and Jerry wanted at Nike and Adidas. They wanted more than collabs. They wanted to steer an entire creative direction for a division of the brand. But instead the brands just borrowed design elements from them and essentially created take downs. What Teddy is doing with the 990 series the past couple years doesn't feel at all like a take down of what NB has done with ALD. Nike and Adidas could have done similarly with Virgil and Kanye and Jerry. What Teddy has done is a lot more tasteful and effective.
I think the difference is that Nike and Adidas have always made takedowns of their more expensive shoes whereas New Balance doesn't. Also Teddy isn't making me silhouettes

I think the difference is that Nike and Adidas have always made takedowns of their more expensive shoes whereas New Balance doesn't. Also Teddy isn't making me silhouettes
From what I've heard Teddy had a hand in the v6, but your points stand. Significantly different situations contextually.

What? The 574, 997h, 57/40, 237, etc. are all takedown models. I'm sure there are even more that I'm not thinking of.

I generally agree on this I’ve got a mix of made in USA, UK, & China well i generally prefer made in USA or UK the china ones are fine for the price point compared to all the overpriced crap Nike has these days.

What? The 574, 997h, 57/40, 237, etc. are all takedown models. I'm sure there are even more that I'm not thinking of.
I'll give you 574 and 997h (997S). 574 has been around so long that I forgot it was a cheaper version of the 576 and 575.

57/40 and the 237 are supposed to be takedowns of what?

Back
Top Bottom