Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

1704755599815.png

1704755617641.png

alehe-Bembury-New-Balance-1906R-Heat-Be-Hot-Release-Date-1.jpg

alehe-Bembury-New-Balance-1906R-Heat-Be-Hot-Release-Date-2.jpg

alehe-Bembury-New-Balance-1906R-Heat-Be-Hot-Release-Date-3.jpg

That was definitely the move for me. 10.5 in 990s and with the v2s an 11 fits with no heel slip

My true size is a 9 and bought a 9 in the v2 and I could have probably went with 8.5. NB sizing is all over the place.

I got the same size as my 991v1 and they fit way better, if i went up .5 they would be too big. I wear a 9.5 and my feel flat af lol

Hmm okay, guess I might need to see if I can try them on somewhere or just order two sizes and return one back.

Also a random thought, but I'm kinda reminiscing on the times I was wearing uncomfortable *** Nike/Jordan retros (like AJ1s, Air Max 1s, 97s, etc.), because I haven't worn uncomfortable shoes for the last 6-7 weeks straight thanks to the 990s and Fresh Foams.

Hmm okay, guess I might need to see if I can try them on somewhere or just order two sizes and return one back.

Also a random thought, but I'm kinda reminiscing on the times I was wearing uncomfortable *** Nike/Jordan retros (like AJ1s, Air Max 1s, 97s, etc.), because I haven't worn uncomfortable shoes for the last 6-7 weeks straight thanks to the 990s and Fresh Foams.

To add to the confusion LOL

I went 1/2 down my usual Nike size and opted for my regular MiUSA / MiUK size, and they fit perfectly just the way I prefer.

Same size pictured for both the 991v2 and 998
IMG_7310.jpeg

My concern is just the overall length of the shoe. My feet are narrow, so the 991v2s tailor towards my snug fit preference.

Anyhow…

Dojo 998 🥋 NB1s for work today. These were actually my first free NB1s redeemed with with the NB reward points at the time! It was a great incentive to keep designing! Word to V vidiviciun ! Man, I miss NB1 and its incentives…

IMG_7447.jpeg

Last edited:
To add to the confusion LOL

I went 1/2 down my usual Nike size and opted for my regular MiUSA / MiUK size, and they fit perfectly just the way I prefer.

Same size pictured for both the 991v2 and 998
IMG_7310.jpeg

My concern is just the overall length of the shoe. My feet are narrow, so the 991v2s tailor towards my snug fit preference.

Oooh that last part you added pretty much helps to avoid going half size down then. I need a roomier fit, so I'd have to go at least true to size. For your usual Nike size, are you referring to just anything that's not a Nike running shoe? For instance, I've historically gone up to a size 9 for the majority of my Nike running shoes and alternate between 8.5 and 9 for all other non-runners.

Oooh that last part you added pretty much helps to avoid going half size down then. I need a roomier fit, so I'd have to go at least true to size. For your usual Nike size, are you referring to just anything that's not a Nike running shoe? For instance, I've historically gone up to a size 9 for the majority of my Nike running shoes and alternate between 8.5 and 9 for all other non-runners.

I try to go with the same size across ALL Nike models (retro/performance running). However, there are instances when I’d adjust based on the model’s sizing/fit, which would be pretty rare. Or unless, there’s a sale when my usual size isn’t available, I’ll go up 1/2 but never down 1/2.

If you don’t mind the wiggle room then true to size will work for you.

Just noticed da distressed midsole on both and although not a fan I Will be going for da Red/Blue joints .....da gradients aren't bad, but its more noticeable on those..

Finally got to try a pair of 9060 and I actually liked them. I tried tts and half size down and I think either would work.

For those who have them, do they break in and loosen up? If so, I may go half size down cause I like that snug fit better.

Finally got to try a pair of 9060 and I actually liked them. I tried tts and half size down and I think either would work.

For those who have them, do they break in and loosen up? If so, I may go half size down cause I like that snug fit better.
They do loosen up after a few wears. Super comfy shoe.

I know this is a hot take but these are the best grey NB ever for me
Most will say 998 or 992 or 990v3.....but there is definitely a case for these. These weren't a Collab and yes they popped near the height of the resell era. But I credit these just as much if not more than the JFG 992 for solidifying NB in the zeitgeist.

Last edited:
Putting some earth tones on a shoe and then calling at a carhartt collab is pretty lame.

Should’ve used some Detroit jacket
materials instead of suede… Could’ve incorporated the carhartt chest tag logo somewhere on the shoe. New balance did the bare minimum to boost their new silhouette, and a lot of people fell for it.
I would love to see that brown canvas material on a pair of v6s with a huge logo patch on the tongue......but they did that already on one of their air force 1 collabs with Nike 🤷🏿‍♂️. It literally looked like their classic Duck jacket. So I don't think it was lazy at all. they just took a risk and decided to not do the obvious.

Unlike some collaborators we've seen.

I know this much, everybody hating on the Carhartt V6 better not be fan of jjjjound NB collabs 🤣. Talk about doin' the least......I got half a mind to waste my afternoon going back in the thread to check for receipts 🤣. If you don't like the Carhartt V6 fine. But if you don't like the Carhartt because they didn't do enough but love jjjjound it might be time for a wellness check.

Back
Top Bottom