Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

the last time i bought a nike for myself was...1993 ? 1994 maybe? i feel bad for anyone out there that was loyal to nike or jordan or whoever and felt like they had to leave for whatever myriad of reasons.

Never really understood why folks were so brand loyal to Nike/JB in the early 2010s.

Had a bunch of stuff when I was in HS (Nikes/Jordans/NBs) in the early 2000s and then basically didn’t buy any shoes when in college and broke. Got back into the game when I graduated though. Bought South Beach Bron 8s, Burn Rubber New Balance 580s, Kobe 6s, and Ronnie Asics within a couple months IIRC.

There were a lot of great NB and Asics GRs and collabs at the time, but seems like a lot of folks just stuck to their air maxes and Jordans.

Now you have people swearing off Jordans and saying they’re only buying NBs and ASICS, which I don’t really get either :lol:

Coming from someone with personal experience of being loyal to Nike for too long... I don't know either. Err, I guess I do know. Without the thorough and deep details: finally being able to buy Nikes, fit in with mainstream/pop culture trends, feeling exclusive (via limited edition colorways, early member accesses, etc.) while believing in the image that Nike pushed out... Gotta admit that Nike is a freaking marketing powerhouse.

I can see why swearing off one brand and onto another isn't understandable either, 'cause it's kinda like leaving off one hamster wheel to go run in another. Not a good idea, 'cause I feel it's better to have a preferred brand option for either familiarity or best functional benefits and still be open to other brands.

Again, I wish I snapped out of it sooner, but no complaints since I'm here now and I've learned.

They’re hella limited. From my understanding 10.5 the max size. And I’m not sure if that’s Men’s or Women’s lol

Coming from someone with personal experience of being loyal to Nike for too long... I don't know either. Err, I guess I do know. Without the thorough and deep details: finally being able to buy Nikes, fit in with mainstream/pop culture trends, feeling exclusive (via limited edition colorways, early member accesses, etc.) while believing in the image that Nike pushed out... Gotta admit that Nike is a freaking marketing powerhouse.

I can see why swearing off one brand and onto another isn't understandable either, 'cause it's kinda like leaving off one hamster wheel to go run in another. Not a good idea, 'cause I feel it's better to have a preferred brand option for either familiarity or best functional benefits and still be open to other brands.

Again, I wish I snapped out of it sooner, but no complaints since I'm here now and I've learned.
I don’t necessarily think it’s one hamster wheel to another. Nike and Jordan was more like just collecting/hoarding. I didn’t wear a lot of them and it was so dumb. Buy shoes and off it goes to a closet never to be worn. Going to NB is for a purpose and I’m actually wearing these shoes. It’s a little excessive as I have 18 NBs now but I plan to wear them all.

Today : m9975rf

20240203_110110.jpg

I don’t necessarily think it’s one hamster wheel to another. Nike and Jordan was more like just collecting/hoarding. I didn’t wear a lot of them and it was so dumb. Buy shoes and off it goes to a closet never to be worn. Going to NB is for a purpose and I’m actually wearing these shoes. It’s a little excessive as I have 18 NBs now but I plan to wear them all.

Makes sense. Shoot, shout-out to us and others for making this move regardless haha. I'm sure as hell happy I made the move.

My exit from Nike occurred when they drop the ball on the galaxy foamposite release. Haven’t looked back since

I aint make no move. I got 10 sneaks on my to-cop list for 2024 and 8 and Nikes. Now if they look off when they actually release I’ll pass. At least with NB I know the quality is consistent.

Back
Top Bottom