Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

:pimp:
omg-yes-antonio-banderas.gif

Ohhh Daniellè...

Screenshot_20240207_204314_Kith.jpg

Anyone have any explanation on or logic that explains why they would limit sizing on these? I get that it's a female designer, but there isn't anything about these that makes them particularly feminine. Do they think they'll attract more of a female market by doing something like this, even without pushing it as such AT ALL before the release? It's not as if there is some special material that they can't cut panels large enough for larger sizes. Did Kith just backdoor all the bigger sizes they had and they'll release elsewhere in a full size range? I just don't understand.

Anyone have any explanation on or logic that explains why they would limit sizing on these? I get that it's a female designer, but there isn't anything about these that makes them particularly feminine. Do they think they'll attract more of a female market by doing something like this, even without pushing it as such AT ALL before the release? It's not as if there is some special material that they can't cut panels large enough for larger sizes. Did Kith just backdoor all the bigger sizes they had and they'll release elsewhere in a full size range? I just don't understand.

Haven't paid attention to this release at all, but essentially aren't these just a women's release? Hence the designer and smaller sizes?

A little sumthin' just for the ladies perhaps. :D ....and of course the legend JPS JPS and others like him with his baby foots?

Got my first new balance ever in the 991v2. I ordered a 10 (10 in just about every other brand) though it feels a bit like I could have done a 9.5. Everything I read said tts or even a size up. Scratching my head at how a brand such as NB has such wild variation in sizing.

Got my first new balance ever in the 991v2. I ordered a 10 (10 in just about every other brand) though it feels a bit like I could have done a 9.5. Everything I read said tts or even a size up. Scratching my head at how a brand such as NB has such wild variation in sizing.

My post about the 991v2 fit from earlier January
To add to the confusion LOL

I went 1/2 down my usual Nike size and opted for my regular MiUSA / MiUK size, and they fit perfectly just the way I prefer.

Same size pictured for both the 991v2 and 998
IMG_7310.jpeg

My concern is just the overall length of the shoe. My feet are narrow, so the 991v2s tailor towards my snug fit preference.

If you have narrow feet and are more concerned about the length of the 991v2s, 1/2 down worked out perfectly for me.

Anyhow, ///M 998s for work today
IMG_0248.jpeg

Always wanted to order a Porsche NB1!

Last edited:
I'm interested to see the 990v4 grey/black on foot. Not sure if I pass on those and wait for the cream/black 993. I think I'm a bit down on the 990v4 as the olive with incense were my first pair and compared to my 993s they seem to run a bit long. Wore them yesterday and just felt like my shoes were a tad too big.

Didn't read the sizing width in the description when I scooped these up from ebay:

6E(normous)
New Balance 990v6 - Grey.png

... and I have narrow feet. LOL

Scooped up a pair of 990v6 without completely reading the size’s width last month. They ended being a 6E(NORMOUS) :emoji_laughing:! They really reminded me of Hokas when I held them in hand initially.

Fast forward to today, I ordered another with a gamble by putting in a bid for a B width (narrow) on the market.

IMG_0250.jpeg

… and they fit perfectly for my feet! One or two more Grey NBs, and that’ll be IT for Grey NBs for me!

Seems pretty clear a collab was gifted to her as part of becoming Kith Women’s CD. It’s not a women’s cw but everything she designs is for women so I think the sizing was never meant for men.

Why else would these be Kith exclusive but not Kith branded?

Haven't paid attention to this release at all, but essentially aren't these just a women's release? Hence the designer and smaller sizes?

A little sumthin' just for the ladies perhaps. :D ....and of course the legend JPS JPS and others like him with his baby foots?
I’m living in a material world and I’m just a material girl

Seems pretty clear a collab was gifted to her as part of becoming Kith Women’s CD. It’s not a women’s cw but everything she designs is for women so I think the sizing was never meant for men.

Why else would these be Kith exclusive but not Kith branded?

First I saw of them was Ronnie's IG with a picture of them on what I assumed was his feet and no information about them being a women's exclusive or anything about sizing. I don't think I've ever seen a MIUSA or MIUK New Balance that was womens exclusive sizing. Just seems like a unnecessarily cruel tease. I guess I should know the names of Kith staff and Ronnie's shoe size and a slew of other information to decode IG tease photos now.

First I saw of them was Ronnie's IG with a picture of them on what I assumed was his feet and no information about them being a women's exclusive or anything about sizing. I don't think I've ever seen a MIUSA or MIUK New Balance that was womens exclusive sizing. Just seems like an unnecessarily cruel tease. I guess I should know the names of Kith staff and Ronnie's shoe size and a slew of other information to decode IG tease photos now.
Him repping his hired gun and promoting a shoe he no doubt got made didn’t seem cruel to me at all 🤷🏼‍♂️

First I saw of them was Ronnie's IG with a picture of them on what I assumed was his feet and no information about them being a women's exclusive or anything about sizing. I don't think I've ever seen a MIUSA or MIUK New Balance that was womens exclusive sizing. Just seems like a unnecessarily cruel tease. I guess I should know the names of Kith staff and Ronnie's shoe size and a slew of other information to decode IG tease photos now.
plenty of USA made womens only shoes over the years. 998s, 1400s, 992s...
UK made there was the NakedCPH 991

Back
Top Bottom