***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

At this point, I'm curious to see if Brady comes out and does a press conference and if so, how does he handle this.

The damage is done regardless, even if the suspension is reduced.

@iLLoQuent aka DSK

You've been the single beacon of truth and clairvoyancy throughout all of this; what's Tom's next move, if he has one :nerd:

What's the final end game?

Last edited:
Posting this here since I already know it's pointless in the NFL thread 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. Some pretty crucial interaction was left out of the report 

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/11/robert-kraft-roger-goodell-deflategate-wells-report
 Patriots sources are steadfast—and their belief was conveyed to the league, according to a source—that Mike Kensil, the NFL’s VP of game operations, walked up to Patriots equipment manager Dave Schoenfeld on the sideline after halftime and said, “We weighed the balls. You are in big f------ trouble.” New England and Kraft thought this incident, and others, showed bias by the league and would be explored in the Wells report. But the Patriots’ theories (including another in which they believed the Colts deflated the intercepted ball) were tossed aside, with the report simply calling the sideline interaction a difference in recollection.
 “I really don’t see how Robert is going to get past this with Roger,” says a source close to Kraft. “Robert was furious with the leaks and the investigation in the first place, but he figured they’d be exonerated. Now he’s out of his mind with anger.”
Will Kraft seek to have Goodell replaced? It’s possible, and we’ll know soon. As chairman of the NFL’s broadcasting committee, Kraft has to work more closely with Goodell than any other owner. After this season the NFL can opt out of its deal with CBS for Thursday-night games, which means a decision needs to be made soon. If Kraft steps away from the committee, Goodell could be in trouble. Kraft, in effect, would have signaled that he’s done putting the league ahead of his personal interest. There’s nothing more dear to him than the reputation of his football team and Brady, his biggest star.
Always thought it was funny how we never heard a peep about Kensil after the story broke when he's one of the main actors behind the whole story. A former Jets exec no less 
eyes.gif

Gonna be real interesting seeing how things play out this summer with Kraft being pissed and apparently no longer willing to back his "friend" after getting burned and having his teams reputation dragged through the mud as a result of his incompetence.

Last edited:
rolaholic rolaholic word, dude. SO MUCH stuff was left out of the report. if it's truly an independent investigation, let's see the communication between Goodell and Wells. between the Colts and the officials. between the Ravens and the Colts. all of it.

rolaholic rolaholic word, dude. SO MUCH stuff was left out of the report. if it's truly an independent investigation, let's see the communication between Goodell and Wells. between the Colts and the officials. between the Ravens and the Colts. all of it.

People wouldn't even believe anything that exonerates Brady at this point man :lol:

It would just be perceived as deflecting.

Last edited:
^ yup. it's impossible to even discuss it. everyone just is out for blood. all this about half a PSI in a football. half a ******* PSI in a football. zero impact on the game. people then come with, "oh it's about the lying, not the actual act". **** out of here with your self righteous ********, man :lol:

Seriously,some of it has gotten pretty out of hand. The worst is hearing it from fans of franchises with shady *** pasts and admitted rule benders that are riding this circle jerk the hardest with complete disregard to their own teams misdeeds while trying to act self righteous 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. Debating if I might actually have to start using the block feature now 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
:lol:

i think the funny thing is you have a dude like chester trolling like crazy. and people hopping on his coat tails not realizing he's intentionally trying to go overboard with his posts :lol:

laugh.gif

i think the funny thing is you have a dude like chester trolling like crazy. and people hopping on his coat tails not realizing he's intentionally trying to go overboard with his posts
laugh.gif
The thing with him is I can't even tell when he's trolling or not anymore 
laugh.gif

The Raiders fans are the ones that kill me when they legit used to have their number 1 rule be "Cheating is encouraged" 
roll.gif
. Coincidentally those were the times when they were actually winning... The salt is still there from the tuck rule game 
laugh.gif

i think the funny thing is you have a dude like chester trolling like crazy. and people hopping on his coat tails not realizing he's intentionally trying to go overboard with his posts :lol:
The thing with him is I can't even tell when he's trolling or not anymore :lol:

The Raiders fans are the ones that kill me when they legit used to have their number 1 rule be "Cheating is encouraged" :rofl: . Coincidentally those were the times when they were actually winning... The salt is still there from the tuck rule game :lol:  

those raider fans are STILL *****ing and moaning about the tuck rule. this is like Xmas for them...even though we'd hang 50+ on them with Pretty Jimmy at the helm

Yep people forget the balls from the colts game were like .5 psi under inflated....there was no dramatically deflated balls :smh:

Goddell is a ***** who folds to public pressure.

Edit: well the ball the colts turned in was the most deflated but they could've easily let more air out...just a lot of irony that that particular ball was the one but not the others

Yep people forget the balls from the colts game were like .5 psi under inflated....there was no dramatically deflated balls :smh:

Edit: well the ball the colts turned in was the most deflated but they could've easily let more air out...just a lot of irony that that particular ball was the one but not the others

To be honest, I don't feel we actually know how much the footballs were deflated as we're relying on Walt Anderson's word that they were all at exactly 12.5 PSI when they were first inspected. There is no log or system in place to say, yeah, this is the PSI of every football at this time as recorded by this referee.

But if you bring that up you're just deflecting.

Last edited:
This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, I've been lurking the NFL thread and all I see is turmoil 
laugh.gif

Regardless Brady is still the GOAT, deflated balls ain't ****

I'm curious to see what happens in the next few days though

To be honest, I don't feel we actually know how much the footballs were deflated as we're relying on Walt Anderson's word that they were all at exactly 12.5 PSI when they were first inspected. There is no log or system in place to say, yeah, this is the PSI of every football at this time as recorded by this referee.

But if you bring that up you're just deflecting.

Not sure who Walt Anderson is but was he involved with the balls from the colts games? I remember articles came out later that said they were barely deflated and that's when the public fell back until the report dropped last week :smh:

walt was one of the refs in that game, right?

whole process is shady to start with. why measure balls two hours before the game to begin with and then give them back to the teams. if PSI has THAT big an impact, everyone should be using the same PSI. none of this acceptable range bs. hope we see some formal protocol changes after this mess.

Last edited:
Jonathan Vilma with some advice for Brady on fighting Goodell and the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...om-brady-lawyer-up-and-beat-the-nfl-in-court/

Basically says he believes he'll have to go to Federal courts to get a fair appeal since he says that appeals in the current CBA are confined to Goodell himself 
laugh.gif

There's also this interesting piece with the leagues original golden boy,Paul Hornung who also got punished by the league during his peak popularity and is backing Tom
 But for now, Hornung, suspended himself during the NFL's 1963 season for betting on games, said Brady doesn't belong in the same conversation with Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds or Lance Armstrong — at least not until Brady has a forum to appeal the four-game ban imposed Monday for "conduct detrimental to the integrity of the NFL."

I don't think Tom Brady is in with those other guys — I believe his word," Hornung, the iconic Green Bay Packer halfback and Hall of Famer, told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday, calling Brady's penalty "ridiculous."

"I absolutely sympathize with Tom. ... If I was Tom Brady — if I was innocent — I would be pissed. I would want to be exonerated. If he didn't cheat, I don't blame him for going to court.

"Having your good name tarnished? It's a hell of a punishment for him if he didn't do it. ... My God, it's not fair."

Hornung, 79, is "pulling for Brady," who said in the days following New England's 45-7 throttling of the Indianapolis Colts in January's AFC Championship Game, "I would never do anything to break the rules."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-reaction-betting-1963-hall-of-fame/27200835/

Also not usually one to quote TMZ but they talked to an unnamed "respected" Pats player about the mood of the team now

The New England Patriots are confident in their backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo ... but they think Tom Brady's suspension is "absolute bulls**t" ... so says one respected Pats player. 

The player -- who wished to remain anonymous so he could be "completely honest" -- tells us bluntly, "Ted Wells is full of sh*t. Brady wouldn't do anything that would jeopardize our franchise."

He continued, "I am upset. The whole team is upset. Brady has held himself together ... but we know he's upset. This is some bulls**t."

"Every time we win, we're accused of doing something wrong. It's like the NFL wants to discredit us for winning. If we lost, this wouldn't be a discussion. Goodell has again failed in his decision making."

As for Tom, the player says ... "I hope Brady wins this appeal. If he doesn't Jimmy will be ready to go ... but this is some absolute bulls**t."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/12/new-e...eady-to-go-but-this-is-bulls-t/#ixzz3a2FQhOKF
As if these dudes needed any more motivation to repeat 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Walt Anderson was the head referee of the game in question and he was the one responsible for getting the footballs within the allowable PSI range prior to the game. According the Wells report, Walt Anderson identified a couple of the Patriots' footballs prior to kickoff that were slightly under 12.5 and he pumped them up to get them in the proper range. After that is when one of the equipment guys took the balls to the restroom and supposedly deflated.

For the purpose of the report, Wells assumes that Walt Anderson's recollection, that all of New England's footballs were right at 12.5 and all of Indianapolis' footballs were right at 13 or 13.1, was accurate.

Also not usually one to quote TMZ but they talked to an unnamed "respected" Pats player about the mood of the team now

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.tmz.com/person/tom-brady/[/URL]"]

The New England Patriots are confident in their backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo ... but they think Tom Brady's suspension is "absolute bulls**t" ... so says one respected Pats player. 
The player -- who wished to remain anonymous so he could be "completely honest" -- tells us bluntly, "Ted Wells is full of sh*t. Brady wouldn't do anything that would jeopardize our franchise."
He continued, "I am upset. The whole team is upset. Brady has held himself together ... but we know he's upset. This is some bulls**t."
"Every time we win, we're accused of doing something wrong. It's like the NFL wants to discredit us for winning. If we lost, this wouldn't be a discussion. Goodell has again failed in his decision making."
As for Tom, the player says ... "I hope Brady wins this appeal. If he doesn't Jimmy will be ready to go ... but this is some absolute bulls**t."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/12/new-e...eady-to-go-but-this-is-bulls-t/#ixzz3a2FQhOKF

As if these dudes needed any more motivation to repeat :lol: :smokin  
[/quote]

no ******* doubt in my mind that's Jules :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom