***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

When we won the super bowl the team wasn't based around Brady. When we lost it was built around him

When we won the super bowl the team wasn't based around Brady. When we lost it was built around him
built around him?

wes welkers,deion branch and aaron hernandez BLEW it with drops 

hakeem knicks , victor cruz , mario manningham ALL woulda been tom brady's number 1 option

on the outside in that game..

So you think we never tried to build around Brady? Okay
bruh we drafted ryan mallet in the 3rd round....we had the picks to move up

a few spots and get randall cobb or not have moved up and got someone like leonard hankerson

if that doesnt reek of arrogance i dont know what does

in regards to our last 22 picks in the top 3 rounds 14/22 have been on defense 

we're gonna keep making it to the playoffs and dominating all the way to

the afc championship game and all the way to the superbowl only to be

a play away until we get legit weapons

i have to somewhat side with eddo on this. at this exact moment, it appears that we're wasting the final years of brady's prime. it's a damn shame. i really have no idea how you let 300+ receptions from a season ago just walk out without replacing it with anyone worth more than their jock. i get that some of it is out of our control (hernandez). but the rest of it, ridiculous.

how do you let a guy who caught 118 balls walk without a fight? i get we "matched" whatever denver offered. so what? blow that **** out of the water. wes welker was THE MOST reliable target brady has had in his career. the drop in superbowl kills me as much as it kills anyone else, but wes welker was THE MOST RELIABLE AND SURE THING that tom brady has ever had. and our ******g front office tries to sell us on some "oh danny amendola is wes welker and then some." get the **** out of here. wes welker was not only reliable as ****, but he was durable as ****. the guy used to get BLOWN UP and got up every time. danny amendola might bring the same skills that wes brought to the table...but he is a candy *** football player. A CANDY *** football player. guy plays one game and is out for half the year. talk about taking a ******g L. joke's on us.

if rob gronkowski's back continues to be an issue, it's going to be an ugly finish to brady's career. forget about brady playing to 40. it's almost too late to try fix it too. we're almost stuck with what we got at this point. you can't blame the hernandez fiasco on anyone imo. he had issues, sure. but you would think he could refrain from ******g killing people. but breaking up the gronk and welker receiving group is killer. how randy moss has not been replaced by now blows my mind as well. i'm not saying we should have found the next freak WR. but there's been some SOLID outside WR talent in the league...and we've had none of it. brandon lloyd did his job just fine imo...but we let him walk because he wasn't great in the locker room. how bad could he have been, seriously?

it really kills me. you look at the other elite QBs in the league and see what they get to work with year in and year out...and it pisses me off. meanwhile in NE, we swap out our skill players every two years. we're relying on a WR that converted from ******g QB in college to lead a bunch of rookie wideouts and hope that we can eek out wins versus a ******g jets team led by some dumb **** rookie QB.

/rant

all that said...i'm going to war with TB12 and any group of scrubs that get thrown out on to the field. he'll get them on his page and level, eventually.

Last edited:
:lol:

i mean just to be clear, i'm not saying it's over and hopeless. just that it's a damn shame how they've either neglected or missed on offensive skill players to replace some of the best we've seen in a pats uniform.

all that said...i'm going to war with TB12 and any group of scrubs that get thrown out on to the field. he'll get them on his page and level, eventually.
pimp.gif

defense has stepped up to the occasion when its mattered most , the saints proved thats enough when the offense is red hot

and in the event that we get everyone ready for the playoffs , could be the perfect storm

Last edited:
:pimp:

defense has stepped up to the occasion when its mattered most , the saints proved thats enough when the offense is red hot
and in the event that we get everyone ready for the playoffs , could be the perfect storm
I think this might happen ala 2007 giants.

i think thats why everyones not TOO down , 2 division wins is big time going into week 3 ..

just gotta worry about getting to the playoffs as healthy as can be even it means an extra game

"It's overall execution of our whole offense, and it's not the receiver position, it's every position, including the quarterback position," he said Monday during his weekly interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI. "The quarterback position, running backs, tight ends, receivers, offensive line -- we all have to be on the same page. Until we are, we're going to struggle."

"And like I said, it's the quarterback position, too, I'm not making all the right plays, either," he said. "It's not like the rookie receivers are messing up all the time. No, not at all. Look, I've really been able to count on those guys. They've done an incredible job with what they've been asked to do. We've got to improve in all aspects of our offense, and that will hopefully remove the burden that has fallen on the receivers right now."

Mary Paoletti ‏@Mary_Paoletti 5m
#Patriots practice: D. Amendola present, limping through agility drills. Not...moving...well.

why the hell is out there then? :lol:

let him rest and get treatment

Danny Amendola won't have surgery
Updated: September 17, 2013, 8:38 PM ET
By Mike Reiss | ESPN.com

New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola will not undergo surgery for a sports hernia, according to media reports.

The Boston Herald and WBZ-TV in Boston, citing sources, reported Tuesday that Amendola's timeline for a return to action is now a few weeks. Fox Sports had previously reported that Amendola has torn adductor muscles in his hip, and that there was conflicting medical opinions on whether Amendola had a sports hernia.

Had Amendola undergone surgery for a sports hernia, he reportedly would have been sidelined for about a month.

Amendola initially injured his groin in a preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Aug. 16. He missed the Patriots' final two preseason games before aggravating the injury late in the second quarter of the Patriots' regular-season opener last Sunday.

Amendola played through the injury in the second half of the opener, making two clutch receptions on New England's game-winning drive and finishing with a team-high 10 catches for 104 yards against the Buffalo Bills. He missed Thursday's 13-10 win over the New York Jets.

in my mind, this just means that he'll return in a couple of weeks and quickly proceed to completely tear whatever is strained or partially torn and then be out for an extended period of time :lol:

hopefully i'm just being pessimistic

Last edited:
he's just gonna strain whatever's left to stain in his body

props to him for playing football though , dude was inches away from dying

on the field last year...i woulda retired lmao

also gronkowski 50/50 for buccaneers game

guys , i know there is a lot of frustration and anger we all feel at times based on current personnel , but i honestly have a feeling going into the latter part of this regular season the offense is going to look absolutely disgusting . we have a bunch of young offensive weapons with a lot of talent -- once things start to click between them and Brady (complimented with how well our defense has been coming along) this team could be scary good going into Thanksgiving/December

if the defense can hold down the fort, i think we can get through this season just fine. i agree the offense will improve and come around. we just need to stay afloat until it does.

Toucher and Rich @Toucherandrich
RT @RapSheet: Tom Brady himself has been calling & texting Deion Branch and Brandon Lloyd, gauging their availability

i actually don't like this. i want the team to work with these young kids and develop them. they've got talent and we've seen flashes of it. work with them and get their heads right.

Last edited:
Mary Paoletti @Mary_Paoletti
RB Brandon Bolden and TE Zach Sudfeld are back.

Mary Paoletti @Mary_Paoletti
#Patriots inactives: TE R. Gronkowski, WR D. Amendola, LB S. Beauharnais, OL W. Svitek, RB L. Washington, DL Chris Jones, WR M. Slater

Back
Top Bottom