OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Are there generally open practices for the public?

That's up near my school, I would def check it out

Knicks are gonna tear %!@# up once again in summer league. With Nate running the show and we also got Renaldo, a much improved Chandler and Danilo. I wouldntbe suprised to see us go undefeated again. Is the game tomorrow gonna be on MSG or do we have to watch online?

and also i would take EG and a 2nd rounder for Z bo in a second. But EG is my boi so i may be a little biased but i think he can become a great player. He wasthe best freshman until he hurt himself and the coaching %!@#. But he definitley needs more work before turning out to be a great NBA player, but he has agreat body and he is only a freshman and he can shoot the %!@# out of the ball. I would just like to see him get better at looking for teamates whilepenetrating and developing more overall PG skills. Because of his power and speed and great 1st step he is great off the dribble but when i watched him itseemed as if he was just focused on scoring and he would sometimes take bad shots. Id also like to see him get better at D because with his sody andathletisism he could be a solid defender unlike Ben Gordon.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

D'Antoni also said he was "extremely pumped up" about the potential of Wilson Chandler, the Knicks' first-round pick in 2007. "He's got a lot of skills," D'Antoni said. ..
You're damn right.

I really think dude is gonna blow up
pimp.gif
. Not All-Star blow up but MIPis a very good possibility.

My biggest complaint being addressed...

The D'Antoni philosophy, which Weber is trying to instruct over three days, is based on constant ball movement. When the ball stops, a shot must go up.It's that simple. Pass and move, pass and move until there is a shot. And usually that shot opportunity comes quickly if the passing and moving is doneright.

..thank god.

alright i just updated the 1st page with all of our offseason moves and summer league info so if anybody has any questions its pretty much all on the 1st page

and also this guy we got on our summer league team Delonte Holland is a guy from Depaul where he was a nice college player. and supposedly he has been ballingup out in Italy and dropped 50 on Danilo and from what i hear hes a great defender. Watch out for him. I also checked out some *+%* for him on youtube and helooks pretty nice. Obviouly its vs inferior competition but he has a good body and size for a forward and he seems to be athletic.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

and here he is on Danilo. Like i said my one thing i cant stand about Danilo is that he dont play D.
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
at that defende, thats what i didnt like about the move no hate on danilo as a person. And i know he is an offensive talent but i want to build ateam that plays D. But here is Delonte.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, it was a second rounder for Randolph.

I would have laughed in their faces. I don't care if he's the biggest ballhog in the world. He can score, and he is worth more than a measly second-round pick.

No he's not.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

and here he is on Danilo. Like i said my one thing i cant stand about Danilo is that he dont play D.
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
at that defende, thats what i didnt like about the move no hate on danilo as a person. And i know he is an offensive talent but i want to build a team that plays D. But here is Delonte.

I hear what your saying fam, but at the 3-4 we already have Balkman, Jeffries, and Chandler. 3 athletes that supposedly either are good defenders or willbe in Chandler's case. What do we do, draft another dude like Balkman who is scrappy and plays defense?

I say Danilo is a good move, because he is so different from all the other players we have on the team. And God knows that we need something different thanwhat we have had the past 5 years. Danilo will shoot from the perimeter, create mismatches on the offensive end, and in general give the team some scoringversatility which they desperately need, especially in the form of shooting from the outside.
I love those physical, tough Knicks teams of the 90s as much as the next NYer, but this team does not have the potential to become that type of squad,so lets stop talking about the good old glory days. It's time to move on into the future and accept that this team and organization is moving in adifferent direction.

Defense is definitely important, I am no idiot. But when the Knicks brought in Walsh and hired D'Antoni, it is clear they are going in the direction ofbecoming an exciting, offensive minded team that will hopefully get the franchise going in the right direction. Let's not fool ourselves and think we aregoing to focus on defense, because we are trying to become the Suns, Raptors, Hornets, etc... Now that may not be what wins championships like the Spurs andCeltics, but at this point, the Suns, Raptors, Hornets etc is a hell of a lot better than the Knicks, so I'm embracing it for the time being. I would notdare be as presumptuous as to hope for a championship caliber team. Just being respectable is good enough for the near future.

[h1]Trade rumors scare, flatter Knicks' Lee[/h1]BY ALAN HAHN | [email protected] July 14, 2008
LAS VEGAS - It would be akin to a badge of honor for those Knicks players who lived through the worst of times to be around when this franchise finally finds long-lost success. Perhaps they'll hand out T-shirts that read: "I Survived the Isiah Thomas Era."

David Lee, whose name has come up the most in trade rumors, probably would like to have one.

"I'd love to be part of this when it turns around," Lee said, "because I've earned the right to be part of it when it turns around after all the stuff we've been through the last few years as a team."

Ironically, one of the most popular and widely respected players of the Blunder Years happens to be the one most likely to be among the casualties of the need for change. But if he is traded, Lee knows it's not because he isn't wanted. In fact, it's because he is wanted.

"I definitely love New York and love playing for the Knicks, but unfortunately, this is out of my hands," he said yesterday while the summer league team practiced here. "Right now, teams are calling and saying, 'If you want to make your franchise better, we need to get David Lee along with whomever you're trying to get rid of.'

"If that's something that has to happen, you'd be dumb not to entertain the offers or at least listen to it. It's a compliment, but at the same time, it makes my summer a little shaky not knowing what's going to happen."

Lee said his biggest hurdle was getting through draft night without being traded. A deal was discussed that would have sent him to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Memphis' fifth overall pick and forward Brian Cardinal. Donnie Walsh wanted this deal because the Knicks were trying to get into the top five for a shot at guard O.J. Mayo. A report said Lee killed the trade when he informed the Grizzlies that he would not be interested in signing a contract extension when he becomes a restricted free agent next summer.

Lee denied he said anything of the sort, but it isn't unlike his agent, Mark Bartelstein, to get that type of message across to a team. Bartelstein represents Devean George, who temporarily halted the Jason Kidd trade to the Mavericks when he exercised his no-trade to the Nets. The Mavericks had to rework the deal so George wasn't included.

Walsh said last week that there was a lot of trade talk that involved Lee during the draft but that things have quieted down since. It is possible that the Knicks will keep Lee, but the 25-year-old power forward knows other moves have to be made in order for him to get the contract extension he's seeking before next summer. For instance, if the Knicks can move Zach Randolph's salary, it bodes well for Lee.

"A lot of that stuff is going to depend on what happens this summer with the guys we have that make a lot of money," Lee said. "Once again, there's going to be a lot of shifting in the roster . . . I'm kind of at the bottom of the totem pole. There's going to be changes at the top. What ends up happening will trickle down to what happens with me. I'll be honest with you, I don't know as much about this stuff as I probably should."

While he awaits his fate, Lee has decided to hold off on buying a place in Central Park West. He has continued his usual community work this summer, though. This week he will run a basketball camp in Dobbs Ferry. He also has worked with corporate sponsors to pay for one thousand tickets to the Liberty's WNBA outdoor game against Indiana on Saturday at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Notes & quotes: Jamal Crawford arrived yesterday to watch practice and have a sit-down with Mike D'Antoni, who plans to make Crawford a major part of his offense. Crawford said changing the roster will be necessary for the team to move on from past issues. "As bad as it was the past couple of years as far as losing and things that have happened," he said, "sometimes change is good." . . . Fans can get their first look at rookie Danilo Gallinari when the Knicks' summer league team begins play at 4 p.m. today on MSG Network.

[h1]NO CENTER OF ATTENTION[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
Posted: 3:07 am
July 14, 2008

LAS VEGAS - Get used to the odd frontcourt alignments in the Mike D'Antoni Era.

Today vs. Cleveland, KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
summer-league coach Phil Weber will start rookie Danilo Gallinari, Renaldo BalkmanRenaldo Balkman
t.gif
and Wilson ChandlerWilson Chandler
t.gif
up front.

That sort of center-less alignment may not bode well for Eddy Curry this season, as D'Antoni likes to be creative with his frontcourt. In fact,D'Antoni said David Lee is the one player who gives them an opportunity this season to be creative, with the Knicks coach eyeing the 6-8 forward as apotential center.

Meanwhile, the Knicks will be without guard Nate Robinson for at least the first two games, as he's not due in until tomorrow.

The next two days I am working like crazy covering MLB all-star stuff....does anyone know if MSG will be showing a rewind of todays game?

Im calling it now guys....Danillo will get injured in today's game or sometime during this summer league.

God, please dont let anything happen to this kid, and hopefully he turns out to be something good

e6535535e4baa366c411256cd1b03926d4f6bf8.gif

1030? ...good stuff...gonna be busy all day but hopefully I can catch that last showing........summer league is only summer league but the anticipation isalready there (to see what this kid can do)...

ill also be watching , if he plays good during the summer league , it doesnt mean much cause its agaisnt rookies and people figting for nba contracts, if heplays bad then....... the knicks wasted a pic

Back
Top Bottom