OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

lineup should CLEARLY be what the lineup to have us win was

pg- Nate
sg- Crawford
sf- Jeffries (balkman can be argued as well but JJ is more polished and taller which is needed with the undersized frontcourt)
pf- Lee
c- Z Bo
6- Balkman
7- Q
8- Morris (height and at this point who cares if hes good losses arent bad and we need to see if hes valuable)
9- Jones
10- Rose
11- Chandler
12- Collins

no time- Curry, Jerome James
out- Marbury

i could only dream

Nate stylin'
laugh.gif

7f82f155-dff8-4a94-995b-462ec1fac4a6.jpg

Jamal and Nate are a very good backcourt. Nate is prolly the only guard who can consistently stay in front of his man and jones aint starting material. Leeshould start.

Yeah why the hell are we winning?! I cant worry about draft picks yet GR8...we don't even know where we will picking with this hot streak. SMH @ Eddy Currydoing nothing against Shaq tonight. If the Knicks keep winning and win 30 plus games and miss the playoffs I will be so mad.

Great photo of Nate Robinson. Knicks can't tank games from now until mid April. It would just be too obvious.

One thing that I constantly notice is the bandwagon Florida and specifically so-called Miami sports fans who only support their teams when they win, otherwisethey are absolutely nowhere to be found. Not on NT and definitely not in the seats at the various sports venues throughout that vast wasteland of a state.Remember when the Heat had a run in the NBA a couple of years back and all the trash talking they were putting out? Now where are they? As many ups and downsas the Knicks or other NY Sports teams have put their fans through over the many bunch of years in recent history, the fans are real fans and not fly by night,what have you done for me lately morons who only come out when things are going well. They're just a notch below Atlanta in terms of that. As much as Idislike Boston blockheads and their "noveau riche" arrogant attitudes, at least they've been there for their teams through the good and mostlyvery bad. I didn;'t know where to write this but figured this would be a good place since the scrubs called the Heat took an#+@# kicking at the hands ofthe Knicks. Dwayne Wade: 2 for 11 in the entire second half of the game. LOL.

I'm sorry, but you should never want your team to lose for the sake of a draft pick. I mean, look at Boston last season, they didn't get any of the top2 picks, its not a guarantee.

I want to see the young core get ALL the minutes, and see em grow and learn how to win. Get rid of the veteran cancers.

Just to show you the toughness of David Lee in an article from my local newspaper. We need more bigmen like him and he NEEDS to start...

Lee also bodied up to Shaq, who after double-doubles in his first to games back from a hip injury managed just 10 points and 5 boards.

"I knew I was at a slight disadvantage weight and height wise, but i did my best to work angles and not let him bury me too deep," said Lee (15 points 8 boards). "I took a couple of elbows for it."
and we start bum@%!! fat #@$@$ softee Curry!!!??? pathetic.

Also Nate and Crawford are a very good backcourt IMO and can start for this team for years. Nate has that grit and toughness that makes players loved in NY. Healways stays in fron of his man, he never backs down from anyone, he may be th quickest guy in the NBA and the most athletic, he can score, and his PG skillsare rapidly improving

as for Crawford i read that his sholder is completely healed but he is keeping it on kind of like why Rip Hamilton still wears the mask. He says hes playingbetter with it, averaging 24 points and 5 assits in his last 8 games with it on, and the Knicks have won 5 of those 8 including 4 of last 5.

Also i missed the top 10 on SC this morning. Was Nate #1?�

EDIT: found a vid of it though for any one who missed it...

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'm sorry, but you should never want your team to lose for the sake of a draft pick. I mean, look at Boston last season, they didn't get any of the top 2 picks, its not a guarantee.

I want to see the young core get ALL the minutes, and see em grow and learn how to win. Get rid of the veteran cancers.

It's not only about a draft pick, though. It's alsdo about getting Isiah out and getting a GM and coach in here that are competent enough to build ateam that is better than 33 wins a season.
Wins aren't going to get us anything but 33 wins and more of Isiah.

If it was a month ago, I think people would be happy that they're starting to win games, but unless they can put together a streak of 10-15 (not going tohappen, lol), they should just tank...

i gotta agree with mez, i just cant watch a game and hope we lose

like i cant cross my fingers and hope crawford misses some ft's at the end of a close game...that could never happen

esp against the heat, nets, or bulls.

I think Isiah will be fired regardless if the Knicks start winning, but you know what, the young guys seem to play hard for him...its the cancerous veteranswho seem to be nagging and complaining about minutes and Isiah's philosophy.

I'd rather have a new owner/GM FIRST rather than see Isiah get the axe.

^^^Beasley, Rose, Eric Gordon

those are my top 3 players in the draft. At 1st i was high on us taking an immediate big time scorer in Gordon or a franchise pg in Rose, but i love theSeattle connection right now as our starting backcourt for even the future. With the right cast they can get it done.

Than theres Beasley the best inside/outside player in the draft for a WHILE. Kinda like durant with his stats, 25 and 13 as a frosh, but cant shoot as well asDurant but he can still shoot but hes WAY stronger and way more aggresssive. He has great swag, very athletic, powerful, etc.bCan be an immediate franchiseplayer, but for pf Lee should start and he can start for us at SF but theres also been talks of us getting Artest (via trade or even FA) whose D is MUCHneeded.

So therefore we need a center and we can get mini Dwight Howard in DeAndre Jordan, but i really dont think hes shown me enough that i can rust him with like atop 3 pick in this draft.

But with the wins coming now we are getting less and less ping pong balls so i dont know. We can get Hibbert but although he is one of my favorite players as aGeorgetown fan, i dont think he is the right fit for this team. We can take impressive pgs to back up Nate (cause hes our only real pg right now) in 2 of myfavorite players D.J. Augustin of Texas and Darren Collison of UCLA. Augustin is probably better overall and is a great playmaker but collison is a GREATdefenive PG. Than there are some other freshman like Donte Greene of Cuse (6'10 SF) and Mayo (rapidly declining in my book and just another selfish pg notneeded right now). So i dont really know about 1st round right now, it all depends on our other moves. If we cant get Artest our need will be SF, if we do andkeep Lee, Nate, and Jamal we need a center.

But i honestly think center can be adressed in possibly the second round on one of my favorite players. Mini Ben Wallace, Joey Dorsey of Memphis. He is anANIMAL, huge body at only 6'9 but also athletic like Wallace. Not great on offense but attacks rim hard and is a great offensive rebounder. Since he isathletic he runs the floor well, very tough, and a great shot blocker/rebounder which we NEED. If we can land Dorsey in round 2 it would be the steal of thedraft cause i honestly think although undersized he can be our franchise center, with scorers around him like Wallace was on Detroit.

[table][tr][td]Artest Plans To Opt Out After Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]January 20, 2008 - 9:46 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Artest_Ron_sac.jpg
Sacramento Bee -
Although it was assumed by most that Kings' small forward Ron Artest would choose to become a free agent after this season, he said for the first time Saturday that he would likely exercise the early termination option in his contract as expected.

"You know, I guess everybody assumes (I'm going to opt out)," he said. "If you're going to bet your house on it, then bet that I'm going to opt out. But that time will come later. We'll see what happens."

While predicting what Artest will do next is a futile task in any forum, he continued to speak about potential free agency in ways few players - if any - do. Namely, he said the money he could land matters far less than the chance for a championship. [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

i gotta agree with mez, i just cant watch a game and hope we lose

like i cant cross my fingers and hope crawford misses some ft's at the end of a close game...that could never happen

esp against the heat, nets, or bulls.

cosign. I just hate losing (and this season is eating me alive to say the least.)

I don't sit there hoping they lose. Trust me, I want to see them win every game, but that's not going to happen.

I just think that the only way things get better from here is if they get worse (I know, it can't get much worse
laugh.gif
).

I don't sit there hoping they lose. Trust me, I want to see them win every game, but that's not going to happen.

I just think that the only way things get better from here is if they get worse (I know, it can't get much worse
laugh.gif
).

ya unless they go on a 20 something game winning streak, they won't make the playoffs and the season will be over
laugh.gif
Hopefully Zeke can find a steal in the draft if they don't get a top 4 pick.......

[h1]David Stern talks, Jim Dolan won't listen on big decisions[/h1]
Sunday, December 16th 2007, 4:00 AM

(Page 1 of 2)

David Stern finally made some headway with Jim Dolan this past week, pushing the Garden CEO to settle with Anucha Browne Sanders.

Unfortunately for Stern, the NBA and thousands of Knicks fans who can't believe how awful things have gotten at the Garden, the answer appears to be not in the least.

Barring a 180-degree turn, Dolan will likely disregard Stern's recommendations when choosing Thomas' successor. But as depressing a thought as that is, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

According to league sources, the Stern-Dolan relationship was "horrific" only a few months ago. That stemmed from, among other things, Dolan trying to get a group of owners together to demand that the league be audited. With threats of lawsuits between the league and the Garden, Stern was described as equally "baffled" and "despondent" over Dolan's incompetency, the Knicks' continued free-fall and the on-going public-relations nightmare for the league and its flagship franchise.

"Stern only tolerates Dolan," a source said. "He doesn't respect him. He sees him as a guy who doesn't listen or care."

Dolan did finally listen to Stern when the commissioner advised him to settle the sexual harassment case about a week before the punitive damages phase was set to begin last Thursday. But with Dolan looking to exhaust all appeals, it took a series of talks before Stern's position was accepted and Dolan agreed to pay Browne Sanders $11.5 million.

"To say that Stern bullied Dolan is too strong," a league source said. "To say he ordered him to do it is too strong. To say he recommended is not strong enough. I think the way to say it is that Stern pushed Dolan to settle. He was very insistent."

But that looks to be a one-shot deal. One person who has had dealings with both men said this past week that Stern's influence, ultimately, "is as temporary as a blink of the eye."

Which is why the league, while elated that the case is finally over, isn't in a celebratory mood about what the future holds at the Garden.

"Dolan might take a meeting with Stern," said a source, looking ahead to when Thomas is fired and Dolan starts to look for a replacement. "But he's not going to do what Stern tells him he should do."

Stern would love to see his old friend and ex-Suns owner Jerry Colangelo hired to run the Knicks, and is expected to call Dolan and make that recommendation, just as he regularly pitches candidates for executive positions. He has done that in placing former NBA executives Rick Welts in Phoenix, Rod Thorn in New Jersey and Steve Mills with the Knicks.

But Stern already knows that Dolan is almost guaranteed to reject his bid to bring Colangelo to the Garden. Another potential candidate who would bring instant credibility, Indiana's outgoing CEO and president, Donnie Walsh, is also going to be pushed by league people. Both Walsh and Colangelo have confided to close friends that they would jump at the chance to run the Knicks, even if the job of cleaning up Thomas' mess could take as long as four years. But they also would not come to New York without being given total control of the basketball operations, and neither expects Dolan to agree to that demand.

So the NBA's victory this past week in getting Dolan to do what it wanted appears to be short-lived. The league fears that Dolan will replace Thomas with someone similar, who will simply follow Dolan's orders and will not be up to the challenge of turning around the team.

"For Stern, Dolan is a source of total frustration, more than any other owner in the league today," a source said. "Obviously, he doesn't get along with all of his owners. A guy like (Dallas owner Mark) Cuban is difficult to deal with, but at least he is committed to winning and does everything he can to make his franchise a success. But Dolan is a problem and he isn't going away."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2007/12/16/2007-12-16_david_stern_talks_jim_dolan_wont_listen_.html?page=0

So for everyone out who supports the Knicks. Who should we hate more? Isiah Thomas or Jim Dolan?? It seems to me that the man behind the curtain is Dolan. Hemust go!!

As fans, we need to band together and spread this news. We will never get back to the old days, if Dolan isn't gone. He is the root of all the problems.And sometimes I believe the fans fail to understand this. If we want change, If we want success. Then Dolan must go!!! Cable vision must intervene at thismoment and replace dolan with someone who is more committed to winning. Rather then making a quick buck.

^^man thtas old time news, i even think its been posted, i mean i def read that

check the date, but yeah of course Dolan is behind it all, hes the one who gives Zeke the blank check just like with Layden and ever since he took over fromhis daddy

Back
Top Bottom