OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see how you could watch the 2015 Giants with the multiple coaching mis-steps and think Coughlin should have stayed, I'm thankful for what he did but it was time to go.

I really don't see how you could watch the 2015 Giants with the multiple coaching mis-steps and think Coughlin should have stayed, I'm thankful for what he did but it was time to go.

Agreed, but I think Reese should have gotten the boot also.

I was leaning towards keeping Reese, but would have been OK if he was removed. I'm probably biased but I feel like the Giants have had some incredible bad luck with injuries throughout his tenure. And the thing is these injuries were not just season enders but careers.

From  Kenny Phillips(2008 1st) knees giving out, Hakeem Nicks(2009 1st), Terrell Thomas (2008 2nd) and Steve Smith(2007 2nd) getting hurt early in their careers and never being the same.

Then you have David Wilson(2012 1st)  and his spine not allowing him to play football ever again. Add in all the off the field stuff, 2010 3rd Chad Jones getting in a car wreck and not being able to play a down in the NFL, Plax shooting himself, and JPP blowing his hand off.

I realize that it could just be that as a Giants fans I don't realize the injuries that other teams go through but the amount of career altering injuries eventually has to have an effect on the roster.

Last edited:
Coughlin botched on his end, sure. The season opener and a few other games were huge blunders. Reese should have gotten the boot before Coughlin though. I'd still trust Coughlin with a team ready to win right now because I know he's capable of pushing the right buttons. Last year's Giants team did not fit the description w/ their trash defense, putrid o-line, and no balance with lack of vet leaders.

I remember Milk Dud snatching up all the mediocre talent on the market last offseason and thought it wasn't gonna work out. Dude was overpaying marginal scrubs left and right. I'm pretty sure I said something about it on here too. Lo and behold...

I was leaning towards keeping Reese, but would have been OK if he was removed. I'm probably biased but I feel like the Giants have had some incredible bad luck with injuries throughout his tenure. And the thing is these injuries were not just season enders but careers.

From  Kenny Phillips(2008 1st) knees giving out, Hakeem Nicks(2009 1st), Terrell Thomas (2008 2nd) and Steve Smith(2007 2nd) getting hurt early in their careers and never being the same.

Then you have David Wilson(2012 1st)  and his spine not allowing him to play football ever again. Add in all the off the field stuff, 2010 3rd Chad Jones getting in a car wreck and not being able to play a down in the NFL, Plax shooting himself, and JPP blowing his hand off.

I realize that it could just be that as a Giants fans I don't realize the injuries that other teams go through but the amount of career altering injuries eventually has to have an effect on the roster.

Maaaaan, as a Skins fan, I'd take all of that for 2 SB wins within the past 10 years. :lol:

Yeah overall Giants fan's can't complain at all with 3 Super Bowl appearances and 2 wins since 2000, but I was just trying to show why the roster was so weak these past couple of years.

Last edited:
Can the season just start already? There was a Toronto Argonauts CFL game on TV the other day and I sat and there and watched the whole thing because I miss football so much.

Last edited:
Coughlin botched on his end, sure. The season opener and a few other games were huge blunders. Reese should have gotten the boot before Coughlin though. I'd still trust Coughlin with a team ready to win right now because I know he's capable of pushing the right buttons. Last year's Giants team did not fit the description w/ their trash defense, putrid o-line, and no balance with lack of vet leaders.

I remember Milk Dud snatching up all the mediocre talent on the market last offseason and thought it wasn't gonna work out. Dude was overpaying marginal scrubs left and right. I'm pretty sure I said something about it on here too. Lo and behold...

Ironically enough, I think that loss against the Jets was where the idea of keeping Coughlin started turning sour.

roll.gif
roll.gif
DFLKSFLS;VALS;DFJ;SLDFKDSAS

I'm HOWLING.
roll.gif

Wes Welker Notes That Julian Edelman Is Like Off-Brand Tom Brady

& from the comments section...
Wes Welker then went home and gave a similar interview to his desk lamp.
Oh my God, that comment XCV.CXEWROISFAJ;SA;GFLK
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I got tears in my eyes from these back to back posts. Thank you for the laughs.

The Gronk ether :rofl: I hate that I can't hate him. Frustrating as hell to play against, but he's comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom