OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fights have always happened though, now it's just easy as heck to post them.

It's probably fairly easy to avoid stadium fights though.

I gave a small fist pump to myself after a missed field goal and got hit from behind

You were saying?

Generally your actions dictate how peeps are to you, especially once in your seats and area but that is not always the case. Plus walking in and out of the stadium is always a high alert scenario, even if saying nothing

Some stadiums are certainly worse than others.
I'd imagine Charlotte is pretty nice, Atlanta from experience and Indy are both pretty nice fans as well

Maybe you look like the one to mess with?

I dont know.

Millions of people go to games without incident. Its like saying I'm going to stop eating food because some guy choked to death.

This Phillip Rivers story has me wondering...

Why does a QBs team have to be **** in order for they themselves to get credit for actually being good? Or why do they have to throw for an absurd amount of yards and TDs?

Because Phil has been doing this for a few years now, albeit not on this level. Same thing with Roethlisberger last year, he had to have a garbage defense and throw 6 TDs in back to back games in order to get proper credit for being the QB he's been for about three seasons now. Or the love Andrew Luck gets for overcoming poor teammates and coaching. I get it, QBs get most of the credit and most of the blame, but we don't hold any other position in sports to that kind of scrutiny.

It's just strange logic to me.
QBs have the most impact  on the outcome of games. So why is it strange?

but yeah bolo phil just can't miss. ask his wife
laugh.gif

QBs have the most impact  on the outcome of games. So why is it strange?

It's strange because these guys have to have ****** teams or throw for 4500 yards in order to be considered great. Why do those reasons hold more weight than anything?

Last edited:
It's strange because these guys have to have ****** teams or throw for 4500 yards in order to be considered great. Why do those reasons hold more weight than anything?
They dont necessarily need to. The '07 Pats had a great surrounding cast around Brady and he was still considered the best QB by far.

But when your team is down by more than one possession, the QBs just have to throw more, which helps pads their stats. It's just a result.

Maybe you look like the one to mess with?

I dont know.

Millions of people go to games without incident. Its like saying I'm going to stop eating food because some guy choked to death.

I was just refuting the point of being able to avoid incidents if you want. I don't go to games due the drunkeness and debauchery but only judge others who bring children to them

1. Cincinnati Bengals 6-0
2. Denver Broncos 6-0
3. New England Patriots 5-0
4. Indianapolis Colts 3-3
5. New York Jets 4-1
6. Pittsburgh Steelers 4-2

Imagine if Ben and Tom were in Foxboro again for a Wild Card game :wow:

Won't happen, but I think a 4v5 matchup of Luck/Roeth is definitely, definitely possible.

Here are the Bengals remaining opponents, outside of the Steelers 2x:

vs CLE
vs HOU
@ ARZ
vs STL
@ CLE
@ SF
@ DEN
vs BAL

Let's just say they split with Pittsburgh, and lose at Arizona. We're talking 13-3/14-2... and that's obviously 'if everything goes how it should' but really, the Ravens will be treading water at best by the time they face them in Dec. when everything's in the dumps + it's at Cincinnati, Houston and St. Louis at home are wins, @ SF should be a win, and then @ CLE is the only one I could see them falling in potentially.

So 13-3? Damn.

I'm trying to get back into football this year since I have Sundays off with this job. I despise running plays, they seem like a waste of time most of the time. All that time spent calling a play, lining up, just to have a dude run into a wall of people. My boy claims it's strategy for a setup in some cases.

I've got to follow a team that puts that thing in the air.

philip rivers just threw for 500 yards

his starting running back got benched for fumbling issues

his 2nd and 3rd backs are better at receiving

his whole offensive line and their backups are hurt so theres really no hope to run the ball anyway

he's got a great young receiver and tight end, and a HOF tight end

his special teams is trash. close to the bottom of the league in average starting field position

his defense is trash

his safeties both got hurt

his first, second, and third corners have all missed time with injury

the defense can't stop anyone so he will always be playing from behind

welcome to the Chargers bruh :nthat:

:frown:

1213841779552.png~c200

Jerry Jones said it's up to Dez if he plays on Sunday?

don't like that move, obviously he's gonna play even if he's at 60%.

He's ******* out of his mind leaving it up to Dez. He's not going to be anywhere near 100%, desperate moves like that never work out.

Jerry Jones said it's up to Dez if he plays on Sunday?

don't like that move, obviously he's gonna play even if he's at 60%.
He's ******* out of his mind leaving it up to Dez. He's not going to be anywhere near 100%, desperate moves like that never work out.
I think they are crazy to rush Dez back

Man...ALL THIS! Jerry is the main reason why I think my Cowboys will not win another SB until he's gone. There is 0 reason to bring Dez back before he's 100% ready. Dudes got the same injury as KD why risk him breaking it again to be out even longer (as in KD's case) or worse shortening a guys career. Not to mention Brandon Weedon or Matt "frickin" Castle would be throwing Dez the ball.

After watching that game last night Jerry should know neither the Eagles or Giants are any good and .500 could win you the damn division. Somebody get Stephen Jones on the line to talk some sense into his daddy. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom