OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Bill WILDIN

This is a fantasy football dork who drafted Gibbs and thinks he knows better than the Lions Front office because Gibbs isn't scoring enough points for his team, so he tweeted about it 20 times during the game last night.

Yeah fantasy football got people acting silly

As a Packer fan, this is disgraceful, & they should be banned for at least a year.

just ban them on the whole.. ain’t no shortage of fans to take whomever’s spot

lessons need to be learned the hard way, unfortunately

This is a fantasy football dork who drafted Gibbs and thinks he knows better than the Lions Front office because Gibbs isn't scoring enough points for his team, so he tweeted about it 20 times during the game last night.
I'm that dork!

HOWEVER, two things can be true. I do find it weird that Montgomery got 32 carries, coming off an injury, to Gibbs 8 carries. Also, the highest YPC in a game Montgomery has had in a game this season is 4.2, where Gibbs has had 3 games with at LEAST 5.0 YPC. I know their styles are different, which lends to the YPC difference, but the carry split is so unbalanced, especially where Gibbs get very little redzone work being a superior pass catcher. IMO I think they are making the same misusing Gibbs like Swift.

Last edited:
I'm that dork!

HOWEVER, two things can be true. I do find it weird that Montgomery got 32 carries, coming off an injury, to Gibbs 8 carries. Also, the highest YPC in a game Montgomery has had in a game this season is 4.2, where Gibbs has had 3 games with at LEAST 5.0 YPC. I know their styles are different, which lends to the YPC difference, but the carry split is so unbalanced, especially where Gibbs get very little redzone work being a superior pass catcher. IMO I think they are making the same misusing Gibbs like Swift and TBH Kerryon.

it's a long season and easing rookies into things is what a lot of teams do if they can afford to. not all teams but a lot of them do it

Last edited:
Hopefully Jamo has spent his time away studying the playbook and keeping in shape. He can be a huge piece for this team

Everything I heard from my cousin, NFL gave no guidelines when in came to gambling. They went back and checked the preseason power point the league sent numerous times and it didn’t touch on it at all. Said word around the league was damn near half the league should have been suspended but NFL just picked and chooses who to discipline.

Everything I heard from my cousin, NFL gave no guidelines when in came to gambling. They went back and checked the preseason power point the league sent numerous times and it didn’t touch on it at all. Said word around the league was damn near half the league should have been suspended but NFL just picked and chooses who to discipline.
I find that incredibly hard to believe :lol:. The NFL has a stricter policy than other leagues and tracks when you even place a bet from the facility.

I find that incredibly hard to believe :lol:. The NFL has a stricter policy than other leagues and tracks when you even place a bet from the facility.
My cousin is on a coaching staff in the league. Not one to make things up or embellish.

My cousin is on a coaching staff in the league. Not one to make things up or embellish.
My job involves this. I’m telling you some things I factually know about the policy. The NFL actually just made its policy a little less strict, that’s why Jamo got his suspension reduced. They absolutely have guidelines and they’re pushed out from a league level.

Not doubting you or anything, so I don’t want you to think I am or questioning. But could that be some of inconsistencies meant in that tweet?

My job involves this. I’m telling you some things I factually know about the policy. The NFL actually just made its policy a little less strict, that’s why Jamo got his suspension reduced. They absolutely have guidelines and they’re pushed out from a league level.

I find it very easy to believe the league would have some fine print type language that the players were supposed to sign off on saying they read it. Sure its the players fault for just signing and not reading or understanding but i dont believe everyteam really had an in depth look at the policies. Just like dude said they gave them a general PowerPoint presentation slid them a paper and said here sign this

Not doubting you or anything, so I don’t want you to think I am or questioning. But could that be some of inconsistencies meant in that tweet?
I think inconsistencies are way different than saying “the league gave no guidelines when it came to gambling”. There are things these leagues are doing just to stay in the good graces of the gambling regulators, federally. Sports betting is new waters for all of the American sports leagues so it’s not surprising that there’s going to be learning on the fly and a continuing review of the policies in place, but yea I can confidently say that the initial statement that the league gave no guidelines is wrong. Maybe it wasn’t in a way that was received and understood by certain player or club personnel, but that’s an entirely different story.

I think inconsistencies are way different than saying “the league gave no guidelines when it came to gambling”. There are things these leagues are doing just to stay in the good graces of the gambling regulators, federally. Sports betting is new waters for all of the American sports leagues so it’s not surprising that there’s going to be learning on the fly and a continuing review of the policies in place, but yea I can confidently say that the initial statement that the league gave no guidelines is wrong. Maybe it wasn’t in a way that was received and understood by certain player or club personnel, but that’s an entirely different story.
I meant inconsistencies in the way all of the information on it was delivered.

Russ needs to give back some of that money, broncos have gotten zero return on that investment. I’d hang it up if I were him, he’s undoing his legacy with all these L’s.

Where that **** *** Viking fan that said the Lions were overrated

Few vikings fans were annoyed with the lions hype

it-wasnt-me-kid.gif

Back
Top Bottom