OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Bill WILDIN

For the Eli’s talent comment.

Tiki was solid but also towards the end of his run when they were a playoff team and won the year after he retired.

Mario Manningham was a number 3 receiver (who was frustrating as hell to watch) who underachieved for where he was drafted, bounced to San Fran after his 4 years for the Giants and then was out of the league after his 2nd year in San Fran.

Odell saw one playoff appearance as a Giant.

I loved Armani Toomer, Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz.

Toomer though was done after the season after the first Super Bowl.

Nicks was solid but declined pretty quickly. I know he played often through injury, if that had something to do with it who knows, but lasted 6 seasons bounced to Indy for a season, did nothing with Andrew Luck throwing to him, went back to the Giants the next season, had 54 total yards and was out the league the next year.

Cruz might be the biggest case of what if. Played six seasons in the league and blew out his knee in week 6 and was out of the league two years later.

Shockey was my favorite and was probably the one of best TE behind Tony G during that time but blew out his knee the year they won the Super Bowl in week 14 and the Giants let them go because his replacement Kevin Boss played well through the end of the season and that playoff run. He went to played with Brees from there and underperformed numbers wise to the rest of his career from there. He definitely looked like he lost a step.

Brandon Jacob’s was solid, probably shouldn’t have been a lead back at his size/build, left the Giants and did nothing for anyone, came back and didn’t do much, then out the league.

While Eli had some talent there, he didn’t have the talent or the longevity with that talent that Rodgers had. And the talent Eli had, either retired or didn’t do much outside of Manning.

When Eli was solid the most was when he had a solid offensive line. That declined rapidly after the first SB run and has been pieced together ever since. That’s when his turnovers took off.

Tiki had his best 3 statistical seasons with Eli… 3 straight 1500 yard… his only 3 pro bowl seasons where with Eli at QB. Again, what are we doing. Do your research:lol: :lol:

If we are strictly talking play career wise I’d always rather be known as the better player. Championship count only matter for those in the goat debate even though then its not the first thing I’d bring up comparing the best of the best to each other but that’s more relevant to that convo than Eli vs Rodgers comparing players in completely different tiers like that.

Tiki had his best 3 statistical seasons with Eli… 3 straight 1500 yard… his only 3 pro bowl seasons where with Eli at QB. Again, what are we doing. Do your research:lol: :lol:
Three best with Eli you say? So Eli had an impact on him? But I did. They won without him. Twice lol.

I did. They won without him. Twice lol.

We all know this. But again, Tiki made his only 3 pro bowls and had the best stretch of his career with Eli as the QB.

Dudes constantly say Eli didn’t have talent around him and it’s false. I’ve always been a Eli fan. Preferred him over Dak and Romo several times because he always showed up when it mattered.

“Tiki was at the end of his career…” yeah, 3 straight 1500+ yard seasons and his only 3 pro bowls :lol:

We’re talking about dudes saying Eli didn’t have talent around him. Not whether or not he won Super Bowls.

Dude had talent on offense and defense during his time in NY

We all know this. But again, Tiki made his only 3 pro bowls and had the best stretch of his career with Eli as the QB.

Dudes constantly say Eli didn’t have talent around him and it’s false. I’ve always been a Eli fan. Preferred him over Dak and Romo several times because he always showed up when it mattered.

“Tiki was at the end of his career…” yeah, 3 straight 1500+ yard seasons and his only 3 pro bowls :lol:
I get that. Three straight and literally ended his career before their playoff runs and SBs. He wasn’t there long term(Played 2.5 seasons with Eli). You can say he’s had talent in spurts. But not throughout.

Last edited:
Rivers and rothleisberger are much better quarterbacks…

I’m not taking up for Roger’s but let’s be for real.. they’re not in the same stratosphere him and Eli. They might of well have played two different games.

Dudes are comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota Avalon, and they’re looking at that old sedan with rose colored glasses because back in the day they caught their first **** suck in the back seat.

Eli and Rodger’s aren’t in the same stratosphere as far as quarterbacking goes…

Rodger’s has:
104 more tds
150 fewer ints

148-75-1 vs 116-116

Rodgers has the greatest TD:INT ratio as well
Better completion percentage

As I mentioned also, had the challenge of replacing Green Bay icon Brett Favre and did a damn good job following up Brett’s career

Throw rogan is easily the better QB of the 2

And Eli doesn’t deserve to get in the HOF

But as I said give me Eli’s career easily.. and Eli will get in probably first ballot of name, who he played for and basically 2 postseasons

Eli is Joe Flacco on steroids..

Not close to real QBs like Rodger’s,…

When you’re so great, they start talking about you not winning multiple SBs after winning one. That’s when you know you’re exceptional.

Steve Young, Brett Favre, Drew Brees all only won one. Brees and Favre have ridiculous career statistics

(Peyton and Elway almost were stuck with one but each got #2)

Plenty greats have one or no rings :lol:

I’d rather have Eli dlines over Rodger’s…

I don’t get how Eli gets all the credit…that dline did all the heavy lifting…

Held historically great offenses to well below their averages…packers, cardinals, patriots, SF…yea. Eli was killing then off the edge…
That's not all true. Eli had 15 TD's to only 2 Int's in those 2 Superbowl runs. Eli was money in all those 4 quarters. Everybody know Aaron is better than Eli, I don't even take CJ serious saying that, definitely not worth a debate. Aaron is a top 5-7 all time QB.

I see the who's career would you rather take being discussed.

The only answer is whoever made the most money in their career., Thats who I would take. Rings are overrated.

$342M is better then $252M. That extra ring isnt worth $90M to me.

AROD it is.

would you take deshaun watson's career over eli's? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom