OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

I'm surprised Washington job is still open. That job looks real appealing. Tons of cap, top draft pick, new ownership.

Just hire Bill already.

Stoked to see Ben Johnson running it back once again. Lions offense is in a great position to keep rolling.

As for Aaron Glenn, I really hope he gets a head coaching job. He is a guy I actually think can be a better head coach than coordinator. Players love him. But he leaves some to be desired as a defensive coordinator. Lions defense was banged up all year but he did not make great mid game adjustments.

As for Detroit in the offseason, getting a number one cornerback has to be priority. Not sure there are many players on the team becoming free agents they should bring back except Glasgow at guard and Jalen Reeves Maybin at linebacker. CJGJ can take a hike, he doesn’t fit with the culture of the team and overall hasn’t played good at all when he has been in.

Lions need to address cornerback and get a pass rusher opposite of Hutchinson. Then a young guard on offense as a depth piece. If they can address those it will go a long ways for making this team a perennial contender vs just a one chance team.

man, I thought I was the only one that thought Ben to KC was an option. Shoot, I think Andy Reid retires if they win, leaving that job open. Ben would certainly jump at that.

Don't flame me bros.

I think Reid moves upstairs when he’s done

Would be interesting to see if he tries to bring bieniemy back.. also what happens with spags in that scenario

Really wonder if the Ben Johnson news means they'll bring BB in for interviews...

There were reports that the new ownership was hot for him when he became available but it got quiet once they were zeroed in on Ben Johnson.

Now that it's opened up again and they have a top 2 pick and a ton of cap space, it doesn't look as horrible a spot as it might have before. He also has Maryland ties, grew up in Annapolis.

If he wants to get right back to it like I assume, that's probably his only option rn. There's gonna be better jobs opening up most likely next year but who knows how he'll feel after a year out or how teams will feel towards him.

Hot take: Arthur smith is a good-great oc. Some people just aren’t meant to be head coaches.
I actually completely agree on this. Being able to call Xs and Os is great but that barley got **** to do with what it mean to be a head coach.

Is it a great bonus if your HC is a great playcaller and designer? Yes is that more important than knowing how to be a leader and being charge? No

It’s like any job you shouldn’t hire someone to be a manager because they are great at the specific role they do.

Got people tracking flights rn thinking Mike Macdonald is heading to Seattle elpablo21 elpablo21 :lol:
If Mina's In I'm in
manny.png

Slowik back to Houston it seems….

Does that make Mike Macdonald the #1 candidate now? He’s about to cash the **** out. What does Washington do without Ben Johnson or Slowik? Surely they don’t get to belichick right?

Please Belichick go to Washington

I want him to break Sula’s record but break it in like 3-4 years. That means he’ll ruin another rookie too and my Cowboys benefit

I know all franchises need to make the right hire whenever they are looking for a new head coach, but man, I tihnk Washington has to hit on this hire at all costs. They are in a good spot to move in the right direction but can't afford another poor hire. Can't waste this cap and high draft pick on another failed coach.

Back
Top Bottom