OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

Copped a vintage chalkline Browns jacket. They released some fire 2023 version for some teams, waiting on the 2023 Browns version

IMG_2452.jpeg

I have no hardline opinion for or against the tush push, but I do vividly remember any other player pushing a ball carrier forward was illegal for my like entire youth (playing and watching). Then the Bush push happened in 2005 and it was like the rule never existed.

Am I crazy? Is anybody with me on this?

I have no hardline opinion for or against the tush push, but I do vividly remember any other player pushing a ball carrier forward was illegal for my like entire youth (playing and watching). Then the Bush push happened in 2005 and it was like the rule never existed.

Am I crazy? Is anybody with me on this?

college had a specific rule (which is what I remember from the bush leinart push).. nfl‘s rule was/is only regarding pulling forward

my problem is regarding the discussion and actually breaking the play down and the various elements before you actually get to the job of people behind the QB

because if you remove the option of the people from behind.. eagles are still going sneak and then what

Landon Dickerson ain’t nothing nice.

In totality, the Eagles have the best OL and DLs in the NFL if we want to base everything off talent sum.

I’m confused as to why the tush push would be illegal anyway? If a RB (or really any ball carrier) gets stuffed at the line can’t other players run in and push the pile forward before the play is called dead? It happens all the time

Remember how they got rid of the wedge play on kickoffs…. Remember they griped about player collisions sooooo much???

That’s why it should be illegal.

It’s a rugby scrum basically. Which the NFL has vehemently outlawed. It’s just another offensive advantage

Defensive Players can’t line up over the center, or jump over the center due to “safety” during field goals…. It should be no different than having 2 or 3 dudes pushing the QB from behind during a QB sneak. It’s an unfair advantage plus, it’s not safe.

based on?

He’s probably the 4th or 5th best guard in the league

dickerson’s ability allows us to basically use kelce like a FB

When I say “ain’t nothing nice” that means he’s the real deal. Excuse the hood lingo :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Nothing nice” = that boy special and really damn good :lol:

Remember how they got rid of the wedge play on kickoffs…. Remember they griped about player collisions sooooo much???

That’s why it should be illegal.

It’s a rugby scrum basically. Which the NFL has vehemently outlawed. It’s just another offensive advantage

the advantage the offense has on the play (and every play) is knowing the snap count and allowing their oline to fire off the ball whereas the defense has to react

the volatility of the play is those big dudes up front.. but no one is suggesting making changes to that.. if it were the people behind the QB, eagles would put backup oline or DTs behind hurts

also people need to stop using rugby as an example without having some kind of understanding of what happens.. youre not just firing off the snap and trying to create a lane, like on the QB sneak or any other play.. in rugby you gotta interlock with your team and then you engage with the other team and refs are making sure that’s properly done before the ball gets rolled in and then the dudes in the scrum are trying to hook the ball with their feet to their side

Back
Top Bottom