OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

So that's RG3 and now Lance associated with Shanny with getting injured then tossed aside like nothing...

Purdy is the new Cousins

Nasty business
Bruh RGIII was amazing as a rookie and quarterbacked that 2012 Washington team to the playoffs. There’s not a real comparison aside from draft position.

The way they mismanaged that Trey pick is such a bad look to me. They’ve gotten a pass on it because because they’ve had playoff success the last few seasons despite the move. But they could’ve used that 2021 1st round pick to fill another area of need or even as trade bait elsewhere. Same with the 2022 and 2023 first round picks.

You don’t make that move just to have him sit behind Jimmy Garoppolo. Especially when Jimmy wasn’t even lighting it up or playing at a high level to justify delaying the transition. The time for Trey to learn on the job, make mistakes and improve from them was his rookie year. He would’ve been afforded that patience, and they had a veteran team with talent to help make things easier.

They should’ve just ran it back with Jimmy and kept all those picks if they didn’t have every intention of Trey becoming the starting qb by week 5 at the latest his rookie year.

Bruh RGIII was amazing as a rookie and quarterbacked that 2012 Washington team to the playoffs. There’s not a real comparison aside from draft position.

i gotta disagree.. BIG similarities!!

like rola said, once they got hurt they were an afterthought…

For Entertainment Purposes It Would Be Comical If Purdy Is A Flash In A Pan.

If that were to be the case. They’re much better off just trading for a veteran qb the next go around. Regardless of whatever on field success they have. Being that irresponsible with multiple years of first round draft capital. It’s a legit bad look to where they deserve every bit of scrutiny and criticism which comes their way.

good TE..

but zero clue how you going want to reset the market without a 1000 yard season

and he played all 17 last season

He doesn’t deserve an historic TE extension/what Kelce deserves.
Kelce's season + postseason TD total was 2 less than Hockensen's career total :lol:

Dude wants to reset the market simply because of his age, sure as hell isn't because of his production...

Can't demand that without any All-Pro's to your name IMO

Where’s this, Trey wasn’t given a fair shot narrative coming from? He been there for years, he was never good. Even when other QBs got hurt or were playing bad, he wasn’t good enough to get in the game. It’s pretty simple.

And all reports have been Sam has been the best QB so far. Outplaying Purdy and Trey.

There were reports last week that Sam would probably be #2.

Where’s this, Trey wasn’t given a fair shot narrative coming from? He been there for years, he was never good. Even when other QBs got hurt or were playing bad, he wasn’t good enough to get in the game. It’s pretty simple.

And all reports have been Sam has been the best QB so far. Outplaying Purdy and Trey.

There were reports last week that Sam would probably be #2.

I don’t know if fair shot is necessarily the word. But they mismanaged the situation completely.

Anything beyond him getting hurt and injured for the season in 2022. I don’t blame them for going about it how they went about it. Especially with the emergence of Brock Purdy and him earning the job.

But in 2021. Fresh off essentially trading 3 first round picks to move up to get him. Your incumbent qb is an average at best Jimmy Garoppolo who would regularly show you why you traded him to replace him. They knew Jimmy’s ceiling and what they were getting from him.

You gotta make the switch and roll with Trey for the rest of the year at some point given what they invested in him. They had a veteran team with talent to help manage the load. He was a rookie so he would’ve been afforded much more patience and much longer leash to where he could develop, make mistakes and learn. The time for all that was his rookie season. And when you factor in that he essentially missed all of 2020 due to the Covid stuff and hadn’t had significant in game action since 2019. He needed all the reps he could get, and Jimmy didn’t make any type of compelling case that season for him to hold onto the job as long as he did imo.

I don’t know if fair shot is necessarily the word. But they mismanaged the situation completely.

Anything beyond him getting hurt and injured for the season in 2022. I don’t blame them for going about it how they went about it. Especially with the emergence of Brock Purdy and him earning the job.

But in 2021. Fresh off essentially trading 3 first round picks to move up to get him. Your incumbent qb is an average at best Jimmy Garoppolo who would regularly show you why you traded him to replace him. They knew Jimmy’s ceiling and what they were getting from him.

You gotta make the switch and roll with Trey for the rest of the year at some point given what they invested in him. They had a veteran team with talent to help manage the load. He was a rookie so he would’ve been afforded much more patience and much longer leash to where he could develop, make mistakes and learn. The time for all that was his rookie season. And when you factor in that he essentially missed all of 2020 due to the Covid stuff and hadn’t had significant in game action since 2019. He needed all the reps he could get, and Jimmy didn’t make any type of compelling case that season for him to hold onto the job as long as he did imo.

He wasn’t good in practice.

Arm trash and he was slower than they thought.

Niners passed on Fields for bald Akilli Smith.

He wasn’t good in practice.

Arm trash and he was slower than they thought.

Niners passed on Fields for bald Akilli Smith.

He was athletic and had a big arm at the combine/workouts. Probably the “next Josh Allen!”

Yet another QB that got drafted based solely on that. Word to my Titans for doing the same with Malik Willis

He was athletic and had a big arm at the combine/workouts. Probably the “next Josh Allen!”

Yet another QB that got drafted based solely on that. Word to my Titans for doing the same with Malik Willis

But you comparing third overall pick to third round. I think Malik is worth it at that round. I think Lance is also worth drafting in the third round.

Kelce's season + postseason TD total was 2 less than Hockensen's career total :lol:

Dude wants to reset the market simply because of his age, sure as hell isn't because of his production...

Can't demand that without any All-Pro's to your name IMO

with kelce and kittle I cant blame him for not making all pro

but you gotta have at least have a 1000 yard season under your belt especially if you played 17 and had 129 targets

But you comparing third overall pick to third round. I think Malik is worth it at that round. I think Lance is also worth drafting in the third round.

Oh Lance for sure is. I’m just saying most of these cats are unheard of and then all you hear is “athleticism and big arm” and these teams take gambles on them. Same with Richardson, all the scouts kept saying is freak athleticism with a big arm. Dude started a season and a half and was awful in college. I hope it works out for him but I’ll never understand teams wasting high picks on such small samples sizes

When witnesskb24 witnesskb24 here's the word potential tied to a quarterback

ew-gross.gif

Back
Top Bottom