OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

He's still got love for the franchise too so it would make sense but I think Dallas is his spot next offseason.

Jerrah's gonna be willing to move mountains to make it happen if he has to so I dont think he'll give anyone else a chance, especially not an NFCE rival.

He was already willing to go all out for McCarthy :lol:

This is interesting cause Dallas is obviously the better team and closer but supposedly he loves the Giants and Mara’s.

I think the Giants draft a QB and Daboll gets another 2-3 years with the QB.

hoodie might make zero sense for the cowboys next offseason

Dak could very realistically playing his last season in dallas

And cowboys have the weird habit of not wanting to pay their guy early which is now impacting ceedee.. plus whatever all this seemingly unnecessary talk around Micah, who also has to be paid

If Bill Belicheat were 10 years younger, he would still be a head coach. No team is going to bring him in.

Going the media route was always the best play for him after the coaching cycle came and went

A season away from coaching while showcasing his encyclopedia level of knowledge for viewers weekly will go a long way towards boosting his stock back up again come next offseason.

Always helps old/former coaches. Worked for Gruden, Payton, Arians and someone like Cowher would've totally gotten another job by now if he hadn't retired for good :lol:

Going the media route was always the best play for him after the coaching cycle came and went

A season away from coaching while showcasing his encyclopedia level of knowledge for viewers weekly will go a long way towards boosting his stock back up again come next offseason.

Always helps old/former coaches. Worked for Gruden, Payton, Arians and someone like Cowher would've totally gotten another job by now if he hadn't retired for good :lol:

He’s the second winningest coach in NFL history :lol:. A TV gig won’t change how owner’s feel about him. League is moving on from 70+ year old coaches.

He’s the second winningest coach in NFL history :lol:. A TV gig won’t change how owner’s feel about him. League is moving on from 70+ year old coaches.
I dunno, as much as the younger guys are in vogue across the league, older coaches have been the main ones actually racking up chips this last decade :lol:. The average age for SB winning coaches during that time has been over 60.

They just don't want old coaches, or any coach really, being judge jury and executioner like he was for a long time.

Nobody's ever called him a bad/poor coach, it's his GM role and personnel related decision making that undermined his coaching these last few years. I'm an ardent believer that if he goes into a new situation where he mainly has to focus on the X's and O's without being the one stocking the cupboard, he'll be successful again.

Also doing podcasts and reaching younger audiences can't hurt to help chip away at his curmudgeon/grumpy old coach public image :lol:

The more personable he is and personality that he shows on air, the less that sort of stuff is gonna stick to him the way that it has.

He's already gonna do the traditional media gig with ESPN and Peyton, would be really cool if he did the 'new media' content circuits at the same time during the week too. I think he'd kill it doing both.

I dunno, as much as the younger guys are in vogue across the league, older coaches have been the main ones actually racking up chips this last decade :lol:. The average age for SB winning coaches during that time has been over 60.

They just don't want old coaches, or any coach really, being judge jury and executioner like he was for a long time.

Nobody's ever called him a bad/poor coach, it's his GM role and personnel related decision making that undermined his coaching these last few years. I'm an ardent believer that if he goes into a new situation where he mainly has to focus on the X's and O's without being the one stocking the cupboard, he'll be successful again.

Also doing podcasts and reaching younger audiences can't hurt to help chip away at his curmudgeon/grumpy old coach public image :lol:

The more personable he is and personality that he shows on air, the less that sort of stuff is gonna stick to him the way that it has.

He's already gonna do the traditional media gig with ESPN and Peyton, would be really cool if he did the 'new media' content circuits at the same time during the week too. I think he'd kill it doing both.
It’s less about the league embracing the 30 y/o hot shots and more about 70 y/o being the ceiling. Caroll, Arians, Coughlin, and now BB were all essentially ushered out when they hit 70+.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some team kicks the tires on BB next season. He is arguably the greatest HC of all time. But you don’t bring in a 73 y/o BB to hang around another 3-5 years to develop your rookie QB. You bring him in to take your middling playoff team to the SB.

Back
Top Bottom