OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

I’ve mentioned many times in here that EB’s history at CU was bad and he did bad things as a player and coach. I’m not a fan but I don’t like how he keeps going for these interviews only to be passed over. I think he will have to resign himself to the fact that he might never get a head coaching Job. Andy Reid isn’t an ally but that’s a conversation for another day.

I don't think Dan Quinn is a bad hire, they getting either Caleb or Drake Maye. Other than Dan Snyder, QB has been the biggest problem with them. They solved both problems.

You got your guy s0lefunk s0lefunk
Lukewarm on Quinn but maybe an experienced HC is what we need for now. Media hyped up Washington as a destination because of new ownership, draft capital, cap space, etc. That still doesn’t negate the fact that A LOT of work needs to be done.

This is a full on rebuild that could break your career. Johnson and Slowik choose to stick with comfort which is well within their right.

I’ve mentioned many times in here that EB’s history at CU was bad and he did bad things as a player and coach. I’m not a fan but I don’t like how he keeps going for these interviews only to be passed over. I think he will have to resign himself to the fact that he might never get a head coaching Job. Andy Reid isn’t an ally but that’s a conversation for another day.

You think he could get a head job at the collegiate level? He may have to go that route

What is this bad history at CU if you don’t mind me asking? Can’t say I’ve looked hard for it, but it’s always mentioned and nobody ever goes into detail. Or is this something I missed?

What is this bad history at CU if you don’t mind me asking? Can’t say I’ve looked hard for it, but it’s always mentioned and nobody ever goes into detail. Or is this something I missed?
The CU football team of the early 90s had some bad moments and bad guys.

Things EB did as a player/coach.

1. He put his hands around the neck of a female parking attendant and told her that she was surrounded by a bunch of Black guys which was her worse nightmare. From what I know he may have also threatened to assault her. If not for CU being good he would've been thrown under the jail. He was banned from campus for a year.

2. Several women accused him of trying to assault them at various parties when he played there.

3. Y'all remember the CU rape scandal of the early 00s? EB was the lead recruiter during that time and admitted under oath that he knew that "bad thing" were happening to women on campus by CU players. He was implicated in the coverup.

4. He was constantly getting in trouble in Boulder.

These are just the things the media talks about but there was a sex scandal when he was a player that folks around here believe was covered up by coach Mac.

I won't even mention how he's treated players.

1. Former CU player Marcus Houston (probably the highest profile local product ever) suffered from depression and EB ran that kid into the ground. Called him Markeesha and told him that he was better off taking his life.

2. I'll never forget hearing the stories from my cousin (Rick recruited him and he played on the team) on how he treated players at CU. My aunt used to call him "The Enemy" based on how he was during the slick Rick years. Being a jerk is one thing but he legit bullied Marcus Houston to the point where dude contemplated taking his life. I hope he's changed since his CU days but who knows.

I never bought the whole checkered past narrative for EB. If teams thought he could help them win games as their HC he would’ve had a job by now. We talking about stuff from 30+ years ago that I don’t believe involved criminal charges…

I never bought the whole checkered past narrative for EB. If teams thought he could help them win games as their HC he would’ve had a job by now. We talking about stuff from 30+ years ago that I don’t believe involved criminal charges…
I agree 200%. The reality is that NFL owners don’t believe in his potential as a HC and his potential to win games as a HC. The NFL doesn’t care about character but they do care if your baggage outweighs your ability to win. EB’s baggage is well known in Colorado but somehow it doesn’t come up until he interviews.

EB is a victim of the NFL’s racism but not in the way people think. He’s a very good coach that has baggage. If you look hard enough you can find baggage on almost every HC in college and the NFL. I hope we get to a place where Black HC candidates don’t have to check all the boxes (including not having a past ) when that’s not the standard that gets used for others.

Quinn is a good coach. Y'all like to see new names just cause.

Problem with Quinn is the amount of shanahan disciples currently out in the league and the impact motion has on his defense

But personally I think you hire an offensive guy who calls plays so the offense can remain stable when you get good and other teams hire guys off of your staff.. and you can typically always find a vet defensive guy to come in and run that side competently

Yes Yes Grubb, leave Kalen like Saban's recruits
2z9eeu0.png

Back
Top Bottom