OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

San jose soft for letting a team from a smaller city move to their area but keep the san fran name smh. **** even in nj u wanna still be a ny team u gotta play in the swamp. Wanna play in newark u gon be a nj team foh

I mean to be fair I’d bet 90% of Americans survive for 30 years on just a fraction of what he made over his career

That’s just called being dumb with your money

The crazy thing is, judging off what he has up for auction, (and I’ve never seen him with gaudy jewelry or cars) what exactly did he blow his money on?

I don’t know his life of course but, he never seemed like a flashy spender or dresser. So it’s like, where’d that money go?

$99 million is a lot. Like a lot, a lot but when you start breaking down the taxes he paid and how much his agent (s) got a cut that number can get cut down rather quickly. You mix in mortgages on multiple homes, car notes, regular maintenance and bills it starts to go down even quicker. Then you mix in bad investments and trusting the wrong people your money isn’t as long as you thought.

$99 million is a lot. Like a lot, a lot but when you start breaking down the taxes he paid and how much his agent (s) got a cut that number can get cut down rather quickly. You mix in mortgages on multiple homes, car notes, regular maintenance and bills it starts to go down even quicker. Then you mix in bad investments and trusting the wrong people your money isn’t as long as you thought.

After taxes and fees, he probably still made 45-50 million. That’s good bread.

He probably made 10+ million off of endorsements I’d assume

He and Trent Williams are good friends. I believe they have a gym together. And like I said, Trent Williams is very good with his money. Adrian would’ve been a complete imbecile, not to pick his bread or learn business tips from Trent

Even after taxes and agent fees that’s still more money than most people will ever see in their lives.

The mortgages, car notes, and all that other is his own fault. There are tons of resources out there to help people manage their money, he chose not to.

I know it’s hard to relate cause I never seen that kind of money.

But if you making 10 mil a year., why not live like you make 500,000 to a mil a year.

That’s a spectacular way to live, especially if you come from humble beginnings.

Seems like simple math to me.

AP pays millions in child support. He just needs to get by until all them kids turn 18. He was sued years ago by a baby mama...paid $1.9 million + court ordered $600k + legal fees...and I'm assuming that/those obligations haven't all disappeared yet...

Accounting for the above and living a NFL star lifestyle, easy to see how the money dries up quick when you're done playing.

AP pays millions in child support. He just needs to get by until all them kids turn 18. He was sued years ago by a baby mama...paid $1.9 million + court ordered $600k + legal fees...and I'm assuming that/those obligations haven't all disappeared yet...

Accounting for the above and living a NFL star lifestyle, easy to see how the money dries up quick when you're done playing.

Damn. Basically 2 million in child support? I swear child support has scared many a men from having kids

Every time athletes losing money comes up as a discussion I always say that athletes are a reflection of bad money management that a majority of society struggles with. I agree with your assessment.

I used to look down on athletes that lose all their money but as I've grown up in my own career I can see how much discipline it takes to manage money well.

By way of example, take a successful small business owner (Accountant, Lawyer, Doctor, etc) that has to make quarterly tax payments to the IRS and pay for their own benefits (health, retirement, etc). Their gross income might be high but after paying Uncle Sam and benefits that amount is cut down significantly. You factor in a mortgage (homes are so expensive that a regular place can cost almost a million depending on where you live), 401k savings, college fund, unexpected expenses and there goes the money. What was just described is a a person that is pretty good with money. Imagine how little is left if that person was bad with money or made bad investments.

Back
Top Bottom