OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week UNO!!!!!

Was not expecting that..

And on the commanders side of things, thought it would be mclaurin to get moved since he’s going be 29 soon

*Howie Roseman drafts/trades for a name a general football fan knows*

"Howie has done it again"
"Masterclass"
"Another fleece"

Of any fan on NT, you should be in support of accumulating talent from a single university

Also this is happening because of the dolphins

Last edited:
Was not expecting that..

And on the commanders side of things, thought it would be mclaurin to get moved since he’s going be 29 soon
Fanbase would riot if they traded Terry. He’s been our best player for years and is on a bargain deal.

Jahan struggled with drops last season and Dyami has had a good camp. Plus they drafted a McCaffery fairly high. Add Jahan to the list of Ron picks the new regime wants to get rid of.

IMG_5320.png

Fanbase would riot if they traded Terry. He’s been our best player for years and is on a bargain deal.

Jahan struggled with drops last season and Dyami has had a good camp. Plus they drafted a McCaffery fairly high. Add Jahan to the list of Ron picks the new regime wants to get rid of.

I assumed you guys would go full rebuild and move guys like terry, Jonathan Allen and payne

Guys who clearly still have quality years ahead of them but they’re nearing 30.. and for y’all the 2nd might be worth more.. or if he was in a package for aiyuk I’d completely get it given the age difference between the 2 plus the relationship between aiyuk and daniels

I assumed you guys would go full rebuild and move guys like terry, Jonathan Allen and payne

Guys who clearly still have quality years ahead of them but they’re nearing 30.. and for y’all the 2nd might be worth more.. or if he was in a package for aiyuk I’d completely get it given the age difference between the 2 plus the relationship between aiyuk and daniels
I like Jayden but he doesn’t have the equity built up yet to influence anything. His relationship with Aiyuk means nothing unless he can convince him to sign at a discount.

While we definitely have roster holes, we have a few proven pieces at premier positions on bargain deals. Need to fill in the roster around them while we have the cap space. If we aren’t contending by year 3 then go full rebuild. Get that extension with Jayden done asap assuming he pans out and work the draft.

Personally, I’d be fine with Allen leaving. He’s a malcontent and is one bad presser away from wearing out his welcome. He’s carrying that Snyder era energy we don’t need now.

I like Jayden but he doesn’t have the equity built up yet to influence anything. His relationship with Aiyuk means nothing unless he can convince him to sign at a discount.

While we definitely have roster holes, we have a few proven pieces at premier positions on bargain deals. Need to fill in the roster around them while we have the cap space. If we aren’t contending by year 3 then go full rebuild. Get that extension with Jayden done asap assuming he pans out and work the draft.

Personally, I’d be fine with Allen leaving. He’s a malcontent and is one bad presser away from wearing out his welcome. He’s carrying that Snyder era energy we don’t need now.

Problem is, those guys ages in 3 years.. terry is 29 in September, Allen is 30 in January and payne is 27 now

Biggest thing with aiyuk is whatever it would take to get him price wise.. but he’s still under 30 in 3 years

Aiyuk is 26.

McLaurin is 29. 3 years isn’t that drastic and you have to remember, McLaurin ran a 4.3.

Receivers that come in running 4.2s and 4.3s can play a veryyyyy long time. Much different than guys who ran 4.5s.

McLaurin has at minimum 5 great years left. So with his speed and being a true football player to go with it, you’re getting another good 5-7 years from McLaurin if he chooses to play past 35. Simply because he entered the league with elite speed

Problem is, those guys ages in 3 years.. terry is 29 in September, Allen is 30 in January and payne is 27 now

Biggest thing with aiyuk is whatever it would take to get him price wise.. but he’s still under 30 in 3 years
In Adam we trust. If he thought it was in the team’s best interest to trade our cornerstone guys for a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks then he would’ve done it.

Our holes on the roster aren’t because we lack future picks or cap space. We have holes because Rivera made terrible picks year after year after year… The picks needed to rebuild are already there. I believe theres more value in keeping the little talent we have on great deals around Jayden than stockpiling a bunch of Day 2 picks.

Aiyuk would be a great add… at the right price (draft and salary wise). Adam had a hand in drafting him. He’d know better than anyone if it’s a deal worth making.

Aiyuk is 26.

McLaurin is 29. 3 years isn’t that drastic and you have to remember, McLaurin ran a 4.3.

Receivers that come in running 4.2s and 4.3s can play a veryyyyy long time. Much different than guys who ran 4.5s.

McLaurin has at minimum 5 great years left. So with his speed and being a true football player to go with it, you’re getting another good 5-7 years from McLaurin if he chooses to play past 35. Simply because he entered the league with elite speed

The problem with with the sub 4.4 WRs that are actually successful, what do those guys become when they’re 4.5-4.7 guys and can’t just run away from dudes.. how much skill have they developed along with the speed.. aiyuk was 4.5 at the combine but you could easily see how he’s working guys with skill and how that’ll age

But especially with a QB on a rookie deal only thing keeping me from aiyuk is how much draft capital I’d have to give up, especially if I think I’d be giving up top 20 or top 10 or high pick therein

Back
Top Bottom