OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week V Vol: Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield = MVP WATTBA

Feel like Fields played fine. Making him the scapegoat seems kinda weird especially when there’s no great alternative.

Defense let Dakota march right up the field and score.

Steelers defense got walked down by a 🥷 named RAYNE and we talking about Fields :smh:

Don’t do this bruh, it’s 1am. I’ll get a delta flight to Seattle in a few hours and put hands on you.

This offense has not progressed under Arthur smith and Justin Fields vs what it was last season with Canada and Pickett. The defense blocked a FG and forced 2 TO’s and they somehow only found a way to get two touchdowns the entire game. It’s time to see what you have in Russell, anyone who thinks otherwise is looking at the box score and not watching

Don’t do this bruh, it’s 1am. I’ll get a delta flight to Seattle in a few hours and put hands on you.

This offense has not progressed under Arthur smith and Justin Fields vs what it was last season with Canada and Pickett. The defense blocked a FG and forced 2 TO’s and they somehow only found a way to get two touchdowns the entire game. It’s time to see what you have in Russell, anyone who thinks otherwise is looking at the box score and not watching
Hey man I'm team Russ too
whoa.png

Nah let Russ sit til he healthy. Gotta let Fields play and see if he's worth sticking with after this season.

He's already had a 5 week interview....I really don't think Tomlin cares about these games like that. Russ will be the starter when it matters. They don't play any division games until after week 10 - which seemed odd once I looked it up - but makes sense of it all the same.

Damn now I got to hear these dudes mouths saying “how bout dem cowboys”
After I told them the next time they would win a game ****** was going to be saying happy holidays :smh: :smh: :smh: :lol::lol::lol:

He's already had a 5 week interview....I really don't think Tomlin cares about these games like that. Russ will be the starter when it matters. They don't play any division games until after week 10 - which seemed odd once I looked it up - but makes sense of it all the same.
How you feeling about Fields after these 5 games?

How you feeling about Fields after these 5 games?

I feel the same about the player as I always have...I think it can be a stylistic fit, but he's best utilized as a guy with packages throughout the game right now. Russ can be both efficient, the caretaker and get 2 or 3 explosives as the starter. That's what I wanna see, but Pitt could just as well roll with Fields and still make the playoffs...it's what they do...but it'll be a short January in that case.

I like Fields and think he's a good kid but the amount of truthers he has baffles me. In a way he reminds me of Kyle Pitts, both are super talented and have shown flashes but people fall in love with their potential and the idea of what they could be instead of objectively judging them based on what we've seen from this to this point.

I feel the same about the player as I always have...I think it can be a stylistic fit, but he's best utilized as a guy with packages throughout the game. Russ can be both efficient, the caretaker and get 2 or 3 explosives as the starter. That's what I wanna see, but Pitt could just as well roll with Fields and still make the playoffs...it's what they do...but it'll be a short January in that case.
I think the biggest improvement I've seen from him is that he's more decisive and he's standing in the pocket and seeing the field as opposed to when he was in Chicago and would get happy feet and just take off running. He's been cool in Pitt imo, this was the perfect place for him to go.

I think the biggest improvement I've seen from him is that he's more decisive and he's standing in the pocket and seeing the field as opposed to when he was in Chicago and would get happy feet and just take off running. He's been cool in Pitt imo, this was the perfect place for him to go.

I can envision Russ taking over, Pittsburgh clinches playoffs, Russ gets hurt, Fields does his thing in a spurt for a run. I can see that.

I don't think Russ as a thrower is cooked, but if he can't resonate with teammates in some way, the results all the same if it were Fields all the way.

I can envision Russ taking over, Pittsburgh clinches playoffs, Russ gets hurt, Fields does his thing in a spurt for a run. I can see that.

I don't think Russ as a thrower is cooked, but if he can't resonate with teammates in some way, the results all the same if it were Fields all the way.
Yeah it'll be interesting to see Russ in this offense since this scheme doesn't ask too much of the QB. I personally don't think either of them are the long term answer but I do think both can help Pitts for what they're trying to do. Russ will be more valuable later in the season.

Back
Top Bottom