OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week VI Vol: HASSAN TRIPPIN

The wins haven't felt slightly less frustrating. Just bad, inconsistent play. Injuries isn't enough to blame for most of this

I still like Mike and co though.
I'm definitely a fan of Mike and look forward to this team growing during the year. But yea really hope they don't extend Geno. His season a couple years ago was a feel good story but the time has passed.

I was thinking why even have the control room then.

Some things about the league continue to puzzle me like still having to use the sticks/chains instead of modern tech.
Been saying it but

This kind of incompetence and the engagement it drives is all part of the overall product they sell to us 🤷🏿‍♂️

You literally just gotta watch another spot and see how many things could/should be used in football, but they dont

And refs actively make their jobs harder fighting replay

Been saying it but

This kind of incompetence and the engagement it drives is all part of the overall product they sell to us 🤷🏿‍♂️

Yep.

Similar to how we still have the chain gang when the NFL has had the digital first down marker for years.

All the technology NFL has as ITs disposal we still had one of these goofball ref use a sheet of paper to determine a first down.

The theatrics and shenanigans add to the drama.

We are all complicit!

The greatest argument ever for football being better in your own living room

Command Center setup...

P1040466.jpg

Been saying it but

Pro sports leagues somehow have managed to have the worst IT departments and video. The NBA still can't figure out that the bottom line on NBATV squashes the picture and makes games annoyingly unwatchable. Don't get me started on League Pass. Even those troglodytes at MLB figured out how to have a great paid streaming product. No excuse for these multi-billion dollar industries.

Do what Adam Carolla has proposed: Replay Gimp. He comes out of the tunnel, doesn't know the original ruling, and makes the determination. Knowing the original call almost certainly influences the decision on replay.

I had totally forgotten about his replay gimp idea :rofl:

I had totally forgotten about his replay gimp idea :rofl:

When the NFL extended the goal posts, Rich Eisen told Carolla that his complaints about ambiguity on field goals over the years were a deciding factor. It's referred to as the "Carolla Rule" among many league officials.

Yep.

Similar to how we still have the chain gang when the NFL has had the digital first down marker for years.

All the technology NFL has as ITs disposal we still had one of these goofball ref use a sheet of paper to determine a first down.

The theatrics and shenanigans add to the drama.

We are all complicit!

I’ll never forget mcnabb literally came down on the beak of the eagles logo at midfield and these dudes still spotted the ball wrong.. Andy Reid challenged it because you could see mcnabb crawling on top of the pile and where he comes down

But off course these dudes weren’t changing shh

Back
Top Bottom