OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week VIII Vol: TNF

Wasn’t even talk8ng about this guy.. I saw the one white dude who was back there.. so had 2 refs blind as hell

You could see the white ref looking right at it

My only thought on the crusty white dude is that maybe he was obscured from view by the two dudes blocking in front of him at the start of the facemask grab. I have no idea how the other dude missed it. He even reacted to the takedown like it pained him.

Gat2WWrWMAAtE3W.jpeg

I know its unlikely since they're an overprotected group but eventually they need to start holding officials accountable and dishing out consequences for incompetence like everyone else in the game can get outside of the guys who can legit impact games as much as players.

Really messes with the whole 'integrity of the game' crap that the shield is always high and mighty about in every instance outside of relating to officials.

I think their only consequence is not getting picked for playoff games IIRC. They should at least make no calls reviewable within the last 2 minutes.

Gat2WWrWMAAtE3W.jpeg

I know its unlikely since they're an overprotected group but eventually they need to start holding officials accountable and dishing out consequences for incompetence like everyone else in the game can get outside of the guys who can legit impact games as much as players.

Really messes with the whole 'integrity of the game' crap that the shield is always high and mighty about in every instance outside of relating to officials.

Lmao

That ridiculous.

If that was Mahomes, they would’ve saw it.

I think the overwhelming assumption that "Darnold wouldn't have led them to a TD anyway" is what's most annoying about that no call. Darnold was on point all game and Jefferson unstoppable. I agree that the Vikings can't use that as an excuse (Nailor catches the ball, the Vikings go up 24-21, the ending is entirely different), you don't ever wanna rob any team, any QB a chance. Regardless, hopefully Darrisaw is good and Hock is back week 9. Vikings will be just fine, so I wouldn't get crazy with overreactions.

Also...average age of refs gotta be like 60-65. They need to go younger with guys who still have their eyesight. :lol: A face mask like that is one of the easiest calls to make. I think it was mentioned on the broadcast, but you don't just whirlydervish your way to the ground for no reason like that.

I think the overwhelming assumption that "Darnold wouldn't have led them to a TD anyway" is what's most annoying about that no call. Darnold was on point all game and Jefferson unstoppable. I agree that the Vikings can't use that as an excuse (Nailor catches the ball, the Vikings go up 24-21, the ending is entirely different), you don't ever wanna rob any team, any QB a chance. Regardless, hopefully Darrisaw is good and Hock is back week 9. Vikings will be just fine, so I wouldn't get crazy with overreaction.

Also...average age of refs gotta be like 60-65. They need to go younger with guys who still have their eyesight. :lol: A face mask like that is one of the easiest calls to make. I think it was mentioned on the broadcast, but you don't just whirlydervish your way to the ground for no reason like that.
Darnold, well the entire offense, was cold for most of the second half.

Darnold, well the entire offense, was cold for most of the second half.

They were the Packers game and Detroit, but Darnold led them down last week to take the lead. Everyone knows 2-minute offense different. You should know that. Kirk and the O was cold all game and few weeks back then they go right down the field in a matter of seconds to win the game.

They get a boost there with the call, they're out to the 17 yard line or so, Rams would've protected deep with an 8 point lead, Minnesota would've been at midfield with just over a minute left. That's an eternity. I don't need anyone out here telling me they know what would've happened, cause they don't.

They were the Packers game and Detroit, but Darnold led them down last week to take the lead. Everyone knows 2-minute offense different. You should know that. Kirk and the O was cold all game and few weeks back then they go right down the field in a matter of seconds to win the game.

They get a boost there with the call, they're out to the 17 yard line or so, Rams would've protected deep with an 8 point lead, Minnesota would've been at midfield with just over a minute left. That's an eternity. I don't need anyone out here telling me they know what would've happened, cause they don't.
I think it has more to do with people not fully trusting Sam yet. Can you blame us?

Sam isn't the issue at all right now. Defense is. Getting complacent with the play calling is. Cashman is severely missed as well because both the Lions and Rams attacked the middle where he usually is.

I think it has more to do with people not fully trusting Sam yet. Can you blame us?

Trust leading to an assumption has nothing to do with opportunity. Idc anyone's trust in Sam. Nobody trusted Kirk, but I seen him do it countless times. KOCs offense different.

Regardless, maybe Sam throws a pick forcing the issue, maybe Darnold continued dealing....maybe they get stopped, maybe Jefferson gets loose...I've already stated the missed call isn't the sole reason they lost, but as a football fan in general, you still don't wanna see a team miss out on the opportunity to extend the game based on a terrible non-call.

Sam isn't the issue at all right now. Defense is. Getting complacent with the play calling is. Cashman is severely missed as well because both the Lions and Rams attacked the middle where he usually is.

Yeah, I'm not too upset about these last 2 weeks (frustrated, a bit). I think they'll learn way more about themselves with these 2 L's and both were winnable. Lots of rest, favorable schedule the next month+, so I'm not gonna trip.

Need Darrisaw to be ok though or nothing matters. :lol:

Trust leading to an assumption has nothing to do with opportunity. Idc anyone's trust in Sam. Nobody trusted Kirk, but I seen him do it countless times. KOCs offense different.

Regardless, maybe Sam throws a pick forcing the issue, maybe Darnold continued dealing....maybe they get stopped, maybe Jefferson gets loose...I've already stated the missed call isn't the sole reason they lost, but as a football fan in general, you still don't wanna see a team miss out on the opportunity to extend the game based on a terrible non-call.
Sam wasn't marching y'all down the field brother. I know the missed penalty gives y'all a convenient excuse but let's be real here. But y'all have 3 easy games next so let's move on, y'all are about to go on another win streak.

Sam wasn't marching y'all down the field brother. I know the missed penalty gives y'all a convenient excuse but let's be real here. But y'all have 3 easy games next so let's move on, y'all are about to go on another win streak.

Where's the excuses? You think because you agree that they probably reel off 3 straight that you're right here? :lol:

Nah, the reason we moving on from this discussion is because I shouldn't be entertaining you and I got surgery in 3 hours (if this continues after and I'm happy and agreeable...it ain't the real me!) :lol:

Where's the excuses? You think because you agree that they probably reel off 3 straight that you're right here? :lol:

Nah, the reason we moving on from this discussion is because I shouldn't be entertaining you and I got surgery in 3 hours (if this continues after and I'm happy and agreeable...it ain't the real me!) :lol:
All the best bro

Back
Top Bottom