Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Rangers need home ice!.....I have followed the season a little bit, but come playoff time Hockey is the best
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

Thank god the Canucks are eliminated from the playoffs, I can't stand them watching them and their boring %%@ team
laugh.gif
smh.gif

looks like we got ourselves a Nucks' hater here, but you are right, canucks are pretty boring to watch especially when they lose

^Nope, not a hater......Just didn't want this years team to make it in cause there's nothing to watch for whenthey play. It use to be Naslund/Bertuzzi....but now it's no one. As I said they need to unload Naslund and get some top 6 forwards if they want to doanything in upcoming years.

CAPS DID IT!!!!

pimp.gif

SE Division Champs!!

Home Ice!!!!

In all my years watching hockey, I have NEVER seen a more improbable rise during the regular season....

A.O. MVP
Backstrom ROY (maybe)
Boudreau COY

pimp.gif

CAPS for the *****!!!! Im a Devils fan but the Caps are probably my 2nd fav. I cant wait to see them take on the Pens or the Habs. Going to be a great playoffseason.

Well, it'll either be Ottawa or Philly in the 1st Round for Washington......I think if I'd retract my statements of Ottawa losing in the 1st round ifthey were to play Washington. Even with this run they're on I just don't see them beating Ottawa. However, if they were to play Philly I do see theCaps beating them.

Even with this run they're on I just don't see them beating Ottawa.

I gotta disagree....we were 4-0 against them this year....I am in no way saying that the Caps would sweep the Sens, but I wouldn't count them out atall....not to mention the injuries to Alfredsson and Fischer....Sens were playing some horrid hockey over the last few weeks of the season...

I would totally disagree with them losing to Ottawa. Ottawa is completely on a downward spiral. They aren't that good. Alfredsson is hurt, Gerber isn'tin a class where he can win a series like Brodeur. Its a different team then when they started like 15-2 or whatever. I can see the Caps making it to theconference semifinals

I was one of the biggest critics of the Sens during the regular season and during their recent slump. I'm not a fan of Gerber and I'm always the 1st topoint out just how bad the Sens are without Alfie in the lineup, but for some weird reason I think Ottawa can get past Washington. Being from Toronto, I WANTWashington to win
laugh.gif
but now that it's gut check time I believe the Sens will beready to go. Either way, the playoffs are going to be one hell of a ride!
pimp.gif

So today is the big day. Devils win they get home ice. Rangers win, they get home ice. Most of the playoffs are set, but I love the last day when it matters tosome teams and others play the spoiler. I can't wait for the playoffs. Most exciting time of the year IMO

2-0 NJ @ the end of the 1st........However, that 2nd goal by Rupp should NOT have counted as Clarkson clearly pushed Malik straight into Lundqvist. NJ shouldagotten a penalty and goal waved off
smh.gif

Don't think Jersey has beaten the Rangers all year either........hopefully NYR can come through in the last 2 periods.

Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals Matchup:

1. Montreal Vs Boston

2. Pittsburgh Vs Ottawa

3. Washington Vs Philladelphia

4. New York Rangers Vs New Jersey

It sucks for Ottawa that Alfredsson is going to be out. I'm worried the same thing that's happened the last couple of years will happen again withBrodeur breaking down in the 2nd round and the Devils being out in 5 games again.

Originally Posted by cquan05

However, that 2nd goal by Rupp should NOT have counted as Clarkson clearly pushed Malik straight into Lundqvist. NJ shoulda gotten a penalty and goal waved off
smh.gif

Agreed....that was a horrible call....I'm not gunna make excuses and say that it cost us the game or the 4th seed, but that really should not havecounted....oh well
tired.gif

Game 1 is Wednesday...should be a good series

We(the sens) suck and wer are losing so if DoubleJs doesn't mind, im just going for Ovechikin to +*++ on all the dudes who think Sid is better than him.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

We(the sens) suck and wer are losing so if DoubleJs doesn't mind, im just going for Ovechikin to +*++ on all the dudes who think Sid is better than him.

pimp.gif

Caps/Flyers should be a VERY physical series....

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

my dude Omar.
pimp.gif

Can't wait for the playoffs.....Hockey isn't my favorite sport but IMO Hockey playoffs>all other playoffs.....Every game is usually crazy andeveryone plays hard(nh)....

Lets go RANGERS!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hey guys....lets have a little fun in the playoffs... post your preictions before each round starts so as of right now post what you think the outcomes will befor the 1st round.....lets see who gets them all right....ill start it off

Canadiens beat Bruins in 5
Penguins beat Senators in 6
Flyers beat Capitals in 7
Rangers beat Devils in 7

Red Wings beat Predators in 4
Sharks beat Flames in 5
Avalanche beat Wild in 6
Ducks beat Stars in 6

Back
Top Bottom