OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

finally after months of camping out in this thread I have a pair in hand!

I have these on right now and just wow... :wow:

I had time for 1 quick pic before it got too dark. I will compare these to my og pair tomorrow if yall want to see what that looks like.

my observations so far:
- im almost certain the midsole is phylon, not polyurethane! no more rotting yay!
- the pumps are there, and they 100% work. you have to press the release in a good bit but you do hear that satisfying hissss!
- definitely not bricks to walk in, but the insole could have been better. its at least the right color for once (neon). replace that and they should break in nicely.

I already see a few things that aren't og about them, most notably the lack of leather under the laces, but so far im not disappointed at all. as retros go, I think this is a winner! :D

Fingers cross for a phylon midsole. Nike's description for the Air Jordan VI retro included a phylon midsole so perhaps they're phasing out PU except for certain models. I know it's a small random request but for $200 and the probability that we see these again, it's a big deal.

finally after months of camping out in this thread I have a pair in hand!

I have these on right now and just wow...
eek.gif

I had time for 1 quick pic before it got too dark. I will compare these to my og pair tomorrow if yall want to see what that looks like.

my observations so far:
- im almost certain the midsole is phylon, not polyurethane! no more rotting yay!
- the pumps are there, and they 100% work. you have to press the release in a good bit but you do hear that satisfying hissss!
- definitely not bricks to walk in, but the insole could have been better. its at least the right color for once (neon). replace that and they should break in nicely.

I already see a few things that aren't og about them, most notably the lack of leather under the laces, but so far im not disappointed at all. as retros go, I think this is a winner!
happy.gif
An up close shot of the leather quality and how it compares to the OGs would be appreciated. Can't see myself dropping $200+ for that pleather stuff.

trydan trydan Man oh man. Niiice!

thanks man!

Fingers cross for a phylon midsole. Nike's description for the Air Jordan VI retro included a phylon midsole so perhaps they're phasing out PU except for certain models. I know it's a small random request but for $200 and the probability that we see these again, it's a big deal.

well its spongy feeling and has the small characteristic wrinkles of phylon, so im assuming that's what it is, and im very happy about that.

An up close shot of the leather quality and how it compares to the OGs would be appreciated. Can't see myself dropping $200+ for that pleather stuff.

ill have to wait until tomorrow for some good daylight then ill have side by side comparisons from all angles for yall.

but I can already tell you its not the same eaxact material as the ogs, but that's no surprise, and its an unrealistic expectation for a retro imo. it feels fine to me for what it is tho, definitely better/softer than what we got on the butchered 180 retro, but leather quality was never going to keep me from getting these ayway.

If the leather is anything like the nike air trainer sc II qs release I will be very happy.

Last edited:
I don't understand the TTS thing..Is it true to size for Jordan's or to AF1 or AM's..Cause I can wear different sizes in each..Can one of you gentlemen compare it to 1 or 2 specific sneakers so we can get an idea on how they fit in a head to head comparison..I'd truly appreciate it..Thank you and congrats to both of you on getting a grail..

I don't understand the TTS thing..Is it true to size for Jordan's or to AF1 or AM's..Cause I can wear different sizes in each..Can one of you gentlemen compare it to 1 or 2 specific sneakers so we can get an idea on how they fit in a head to head comparison..I'd truly appreciate it..Thank you and congrats to both of you on getting a grail..

well I have 2 pairs of og jordans total and zero af1's. I wear an 11 in the '12 og max 95 retro tho if that helps any. but im usually a solid 11 in most shoes, and these are 10.5 and feel perfectly fine for toeroom.

Great info. @Trydan   Glad to hear Nike went with phylon to increase longevity of product. I remember this being discussed earlier in thread. We win!
nthat.gif

Awesome pics @Singer10  
pimp.gif

Close ups soon?

Last edited:
It's more faomy. Kinda like comparing Oreo cookie to the cream in the middle.

Depends on if they molded the phylon in colored material. Doubtful

If i'm not mistaken they dont need to paint Phylon. but it looks like these are painted. Don't have the show in hand

Last edited:
well I have 2 pairs of og jordans total and zero af1's. I wear an 11 in the '12 og max 95 retro tho if that helps any. but im usually a solid 11 in most shoes, and these are 10.5 and feel perfectly fine for toeroom.

Did you end up buying a 10.5 since that's all they had or were you able to try both sizes on? Any size comparison to the recent flight huaraches?

thanks man!
well its spongy feeling and has the small characteristic wrinkles of phylon, so im assuming that's what it is, and im very happy about that.
ill have to wait until tomorrow for some good daylight then ill have side by side comparisons from all angles for yall.

but I can already tell you its not the same eaxact material as the ogs, but that's no surprise, and its an unrealistic expectation for a retro imo. it feels fine to me for what it is tho, definitely better/softer than what we got on the butchered 180 retro, but leather quality was never going to keep me from getting these ayway.

Great info. @Trydan   Glad to hear Nike went with phylon to increase longevity of product. I remember this being discussed earlier in thread. We win!
nthat.gif

Awesome pics @Singer10  
pimp.gif

Close ups soon?
  Just a head's up, the official catalog description says these have a PU midsole.  Check that pic I posted of the Emeralds, and you can see it there.

Peace,

J

For what it's worth, this is what's on the Nike HK website... 

Don't ask me why it's talking about the AF1's... 

15203080387_936a4bb8d2_o.jpg

15387711346_14474477fc_b.jpg

Last edited:
so phylon doesn't crumble? what other shoes have it? will the paint still chip?

correct, no rotting. lots of other shoes have it. it can stll scuff yes.

It's more faomy. Kinda like comparing Oreo cookie to the cream in the middle.
Depends on if they molded the phylon in colored material. Doubtful
If i'm not mistaken they dont need to paint Phylon. but it looks like these are painted. Don't have the show in hand

the black is definitely painted on. not sure if they are molded in neon or white.

Did you end up buying a 10.5 since that's all they had or were you able to try both sizes on? Any size comparison to the recent flight huaraches?

it was all they had. was a little concerned but they feel fine. ive already replaced the insole with an 11 and it feels great. ill get an 11 later this month anyhow.

Just a head's up, the official catalog description says these have a PU midsole. Check that pic I posted of the Emeralds, and you can see it there.

Peace,
J

ya I know it says that J but this honestly feels nothing like polyurethane, and it looks and feels like phylon instead. its got the spongy feel, the small wrinkles, the softer molded lines, etc. I just cant agree with that catalog description.

ya I know it says that J but this honestly feels nothing like polyurethane, and it looks and feels like phylon instead. its got the spongy feel, the small wrinkles, the softer molded lines, etc. I just cant agree with that catalog description.
 Believe me man, I hope you're right.

Peace,

J

@Trydan   Is it similar to an Air revolution/AJIII mid-sole, or an Air Jodan X retro mid-sole?? Sounds like phylon. Lets get some close ups of the midsole and air bubble?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom