OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Air Flight 90 vis-air for me too!  My buddy had them back in the day and I absolutely thought that they were amazing.  

I have to disagree with Jshortt for once:
I've professed my love for the Flight 90 on several occasions.
They kill the Solos.
But like always, to each their own :smokin
Regardless, I love seeing the old Nike BBaLL joints getting respect, publicly.

Haha, fair enough. I remember an absolute ton of NBA guys wearing the Solos.

Imo, in the 90s, visible air > non visible air. I was obsessed with most shoes with a visible air bubble back then. Too bad I never really had many. I think my first pairs with vis air were maroon Jordan 6s, and Air Force 180 pumps. Both picked up from an athletic xpress that was going out of business.

I, too, was obsessed with vis-air. It was like a status symbol in the late 80's/early 90's. But certain shoes like the Solos and Flight Lites were beyond that. They were just fantastic shoes. Hell, the Magnum Force is one of my all time favorites, and it was a $75 takedown.
Peace,
J

Interesting point about Vis-Air being a status symbol back in the day.
You hit the nail on the head.
I had the OG Air Assault for bball as a youngbuck.
I recall thinking, "But Man, those Air Revolutions are next level."
After the Assaults, I picked up the BC-III (Jr. High)
My life was never the same after that.
:smokin
(still waiting on a proper retro of that white/black/gold Assault, though)

Interesting point about Vis-Air being a status symbol back in the day.
You hit the nail on the head.
I had the OG Air Assault for bball as a youngbuck.
I recall thinking, "But Man, those Air Revolutions are next level."
After the Assaults, I picked up the BC-III (Jr. High)
My life was never the same after that.
:smokin
(still waiting on a proper retro of that white/black/gold Assault, though)

Funny you say that about the Assaults/Revolutions because I had the same experience. I remember absolutely begging for the white/royal Assaults, and actually getting them. Walked into Boys Club hoops practice thinking I'm the Dude, and my teammate had gotten the white/red Revs. I heard that Price Is Right "you lost" horn in my head LOL. First vis-airs I ever got were the Hot Lava Tech Challenges, and it was all downhill from there.

Peace,
J

I remember being in 6th grade and getting the White/Red/Blk Jordan 4 with just Nike on the back..Went to school and seen a girl with a pair of Cement 4's with Nike Air on the back and felt sad cause hers looked more like adult's shoes..Got "lucky" when the lining got a hole in the back of my shoes and I got to return them to Finishline (That was back when you took your shoes back to the store if they had a defect and you could exchange them)..So my foot had grown that extra 1/2 size to bump me up to that size 4 or 4 1/2 and I got Military 4's with Vis-Air...Maaaaannnnn I walked into school the next day with a strut that rivaled the late great George Jefferson..Something bout that little clear bubble made me feel like I was finally growing up and I could now shop in a whole new section for shoes..

BTW, I know my feet were super small for a 6th grader..I didn't get into that men's 6 1/2 til late 8th grade :smh:

Great stories. My first Vis Air was the Air Trainer 3 Medicine Ball. I had them in Junior High. Great shoe to start with!

Last edited:
Lol u got sky jordans. Thats whT the gs sizes use to be called

I know..My first Jordan's were the 1 Natural Grey..Them thangs was miniature..My first 3 pairs of Jordans were Sky's..

I remember to this day taking those 4s back to FL and the man said go ahead and find a new pair..My dad measured my foot and asked the man where those size 4's were..The man said that section was in the back of the store which meant I didn't have to look for shoes on the wall next to the register..Finishline used have their kids shoes in shelving units where you just found the shoe you liked and then looked for your size on the shelves below it..I was beyond geeked when I seen those Military's on the shelf and they had my new size..My dad had to add like 8 bucks to get the bigger size and he said it was ok..That is seriously one of my happiest shoe memories..

On the flip side I remember when I wanted the Air Force 180 and my foot wasn't big enough to fit men's size shoes..My parents were actually going to pay the price tag for them if they had them in my size, but I was still a full size off..I think I got a pair of Dark Grey/Black Reebok Blacktop Lows instead and I hated them damn shoes..I do remember around that time was when I got to scrap those Blacktops and get a badass pair of Black/Purple BK Dymacel's..:nthat:

Please lord.

Only Flights I liked were the Flight 89s and the Zoom Flight 96s.

Last edited:
Haha, fair enough. I remember an absolute ton of NBA guys wearing the Solos.
I, too, was obsessed with vis-air. It was like a status symbol in the late 80's/early 90's. But certain shoes like the Solos and Flight Lites were beyond that. They were just fantastic shoes. Hell, the Magnum Force is one of my all time favorites, and it was a $75 takedown.

Peace,
J

I remember getting those Magnum forces in black and gold, and then bam everyone and their mother in school had them that same year... haha

Last edited:
Hahaha... old-heads reminisce.  

My first pair of vis-air were probably the Air Revolutions... but at the time, my feet were too small... had to get the GS's instead.  I remember being a bit disappointed that the window wasn't as big.  
laugh.gif

But, I too, was obsessed with the vis-air... it was a huge deal back then!  Ultimately, my first pair of proper adult vis-air were the OG AJ4's... followed by the ATC's, of course. 

Back then, no matter how nice the upper was, if I couldn't see the air-bag, it was a deal-breaker for me! 

Anyway... 

I remember getting those Magnum forces in black and gold, and then bam everyone and their mother in school had them that same year... haha

Yuuup haha. That's what happens when a $70 shoe ends up at every level of shoe store, and JC Penney. I also remember them running super small. One of the few shoes I ever had to size up on.

Peace,
J

im 32 and didnt get name brand shoes until 8th grade (1995-96) and my first pair was the Shake Ndestrukts (rodmans signature) and i never was caught up in the shoe obsession until then but i had one pair each year of school until graduation but its so cool to hear peoples first shoe stories, keep them coming oh and btw i cant wait for these. So has the date been officially changed to 11-8?

END will be dropping these on the 18th, but they will be like $238 shipped to the u s

footpatrol as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom