Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

Bodega just hit me with that shipping
8J0S.gif

Had the og back in 96. I was in 9th grade at the time. Yes, getting old lol Got the volts in 2009 and emeralds in 2016. I had actually ordered the freshwaters as well from snipes in 2016 for about 110 but they ended up canceling due to being out of stock. I was hoping to grab the og again this time around but had no real shot. I'm resisting paying resale prices and hope the prices come down for all of us to be able to get a pair at a reasonable price.

Do I pray for a restock or bite the bullet on resale when people get pairs in? Ive seen a couple on fb marketplace now for 220-250 ;/ dont want to accept that lol

Do I pray for a restock or bite the bullet on resale when people get pairs in? Ive seen a couple on fb marketplace now for 220-250 ;/ dont want to accept that lol

Honestly I'd still wait. It's a lot of online pairs still out there and with all the snow storms across the country shipping is probably delayed. But I what do I know I thought I was going to grab these on sale.

For anyone that has them in hand. Would they fit like the 2016 pair? Cus those were too snug in the toebox for me

Was watching a few pairs on eBay. They flyin for about $220-240. I’m waiting though. Like folks said, online orders still out there.

I think we’ll see a quick little dip. Jus gotta catch it at the right time. I don’t think many of these were produced to begin with...

Wait. There will def be restocks like More Uptempo. That’s how I caught those and will catch these.
Hold on, chief. Those never had an official RD and never dropped on SNKRS. Stores got those and put them out. These officially released on Monday. It's most likely a wrap for these.

Uptempos did drop on SNKRS, albeit random I think & not scheduled.

I'm not believing that these are done either.. I think there's more to come.

Was so busy yesterday these slipped past my mind. I thought about them for like 2 seconds then got side tracked.. Thought I could scoop a pair the next day. These things got swallowed up fast. Even though I want them, I'm not paying resale. If I can't find them for retail, I'm cool. There will ALWAYS be plenty of kicks that I'm gonna want to buy, I wont cry over these, I had all the other retro's that came out before.

It's crazy how times changed tho, I remember seeing the first retro's (2008/09) sitting on shelves. Then the 2nd retro (2015/16) hit the Nike Outlets now you can't even find these anywhere except from a resellers. Congrats to those that copped tho.

Just returned an 11.5 to the Champs at the Brea Mall that I copped last month on the early release. Got super lucky to find a 12 at Footlocker at a different mall last night.

When the average American can't afford an unexpected $100 expense it makes absolute sense.
None of these resellers could care less
Just returned an 11.5 to the Champs at the Brea Mall that I copped last month on the early release. Got super lucky to find a 12 at Footlocker at a different mall last night.

How do the fit ? I wear 11.5 in Jordan’s and 12 in air max and got these in a 12 because all that was left , you think I’ll be good ?

None of these resellers could care less

How do the fit ? I wear 11.5 in Jordan’s and 12 in air max and got these in a 12 because all that was left , you think I’ll be good ?

I wear both an 11.5 and 12. Depending on the shoe. The 11.5 felt a tad bit snug for my taste. You should be good with the 12. I've had 1 pair of Air Max 1 and I definitely needed a 12 for those.

And then Nike has the nerve to continue their futile lawsuit efforts in stopping oversea fake distributors. I'm all for it but the only reason that market even exists is because of supply not meeting demand.

You'd think more supply would mitigate fakes and the secondary market. I guess it's more complex than that.
Definitely not an easy problem to solve. But if I'm sure if anything, I'm sure that more product would loosen the squeeze you feel on release day.

As a former nike corporate employee, I know that nike places much higher value in the free marketing they get when these releases sell out, in lieu of the profits they would make by coming closer to being demand. It's silly, and I always thought it was unnecessary.

Was watching a few pairs on eBay. They flyin for about $220-240. I’m waiting though. Like folks said, online orders still out there.
If I see my size dips to the $205-215 range I may pull the trigger. The neon 95s never restocked and there’s no telling how many restocks this will get since the release has been so scarce and already dropped randomly before the actual release.

I’ve actually already seen my size dip to $212 on stockx yesterday, but their extra fees + shipping kills the deal. I wish the GOAT prices would dip a lil

My size is already at $207 on stockx at this moment but those extra fees smh. Wish goat would price match

Resellers are just part of the problem man. Resellers, in addition to authentication sites like stock x and goat and link affiliates have blame in this too.

Link affiliates take a profit, not directly out of your pocket, but it makes sure every little release is gobbled up.

Goat being in bed with foot locker shows that they don't care one bit, because they profit off of it all.

Some resellers are so silly that they cop a release, sell it, and give stock x a bigger cut off the profit than they get.

At the same time, those transactions which are 40-100 bucks or more "hollow" drives up the market value.

While giving you no sources for any data they collect. It's a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I'd never sell a kick and give stock x 40 while I take 20' smh

And to add, all Nike has to do is make more pairs. But they don't care. They'd rather have us kill each other over a few pairs and get the free publicity, than make most of us happy and take home more profit.

And I'm not saying they should meet or exceed demand...so, stop it. Just make more.

SX just updated their terms and as long as you have an account on there, they have the upper hand on the user, up to paying for THEIR legal expenses... including that of someone with direct OR indirect legal action against SX.

I'm at like a 9/10 ready to delete everything with them. Respect to those that have already.

Bottom line, though Nike #dgaf lol

SX just updated their terms and as long as you have an account on there, they have the upper hand on the user, up to paying for THEIR legal expenses... including that of someone with direct OR indirect legal action against SX.

I'm at like a 9/10 ready to delete everything with them. Respect to those that have already.

Bottom line, though Nike #dgaf lol
Nike’s gonna get their coins regardless

I think we all need to invest in bots or collectively make some sneaker review YouTube pages and get em popular so we can start getting free shoes lol

• Haha
Reactions: ARK
are these any different in terms of comfort and quality from the last release?

i have the last two drops and those were kinda rough

Nike’s gonna get their coins regardless

I think we all need to invest in bots or collectively make some sneaker review YouTube pages and get em popular so we can start getting free shoes lol

You gotta buy a bot to get a bot.. look this up; its no bs. I thought about doing this so many times over the years but I'm so into this culture that I always said f that but its not as easy as buy bot, buy shoes, become DJ Khaled :lol:

Back
Top Bottom