Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

I like the red lining on the swoosh but idk how I feel about the leather one. I still have my pair from last release in pretty good condition still

gunna grab a pair of these and make my freshwater pair into an emerald custom with a white midsole, thanks Nike! Now bring me some Ndestrukts already!

Oh this is beautiful. The "Black & White" Griffey is releasing. Aren't those the real Fresh Water?

Oh this is beautiful. The "Black & White" Griffey is releasing. Aren't those the real Fresh Water?
yeah i dont know why they arent calling them freshwaters this time around, same shoe minus a leather swoosh and a red outlined swoosh on the heel right?

yeah i dont know why they arent calling them freshwaters this time around, same shoe minus a leather swoosh and a red outlined swoosh on the heel right?

Pretty much. Problem is, the FreshWater name has been taken for what I've always thought were the Emeralds.

Do freshwaters have a date yet, did i miss that somewhere? Sorry if so

Last edited:
Hate how Nike changed them. The red outline swoosh on the back bothers me more then the leather swoosh. Nike finally got the emeralds right but messed these up. SMH

Last edited:
Hate how Nike changed them. The red outline swoosh on the back bothers me more then the leather swoosh. Nike finally got the emeralds right but messed these up. SMH
Yeah, i don't get it either!  i don't understand why they rework stuff like that.  Was there still thread left in the machine from doing the emeralds and they didn't want to change it?

Yeah, i don't get it either!  i don't understand why they rework stuff like that.  Was there still thread left in the machine from doing the emeralds and they didn't want to change it?

maybe these are some of the things they played around with on the original release.

My guess is they wanted to made subtle changes from the last retros.. IMO I'd rather have the small changes. it would be cool tho if we found out the 2016 freshwaters were based off an original sample pair or something

Last edited:
Don't remember if these have been posted before...

QT-GRIFFEY-24EVER-TRUE-SWHFLX-849332_480_A.jpg

SWINGMAN-HOF-DB-24EVER-TEE-831453_011_A.jpg

MLB-24EVERMSS-MARN5-00035306X_MA5_A.jpg

MLB-24EVERMSS-MARN5-00035306X_MA1_A.jpg

How's the painting on the current releases? My freshwater pairs from 09 had that chipping problem

^ So good.  I wish they would still make the swingman athletes turf versions too.  i haven't seen that for a couple years.

They had trainers for last years swingman model.. I remember they were in stores and online at champs. You can still find them on eBay.

Been waiting for the Swingman Legend trainer/turfs :nerd: Nike slacks on marketing the whole Griffey/Swingman line

Back
Top Bottom