Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

I want a pair of freshwaters too, even more so since I now have the Junior authentic jersey. I have the volts in storage and haven't worn them much because of the bad paint job on them

My mother was looking through two old photo albums today and I found a photo of my grandmother and I:

6EB2C751-C950-4370-BA38-C09149E230F0.jpeg

Yep, that's what I did. Made a difference to me. The midsole is still firm AF, but at least my Ortholite insoles offered a bit of cushioning... more than the stock insoles anyway.

I would reup on all of OGs. Need them to drop the CINCY and the first Silver and Black pair. I had those first silver joints and wore them to the ground!!
Here is my current collection minus the silver pair had to let go.

20200731_112826.jpg
Man 2s are so underrated but they haven’t been given a proper retro yet

That shoe always looked odd to me, even when I was a kid.

It's almost like they're backwards.
The laces should be on the inside like the Rodmans and the strap should go the other way.

Last edited:
My issue back then was the shape/bulkiness and the materials. The sleeker shape of the cleat made it look a lot better... plus the use of nubuck vs some sort of pleather on the trainer version.

Man I bought the ‘10 retro of the freshwater colroway and wore them quite often. Then I used them for their og inrention which was for training and blew out my bubbles. Dope sneaker. Can’t wait to get a pair and more.

i remember in 2011 the red Cincy colorway dropping around the same time the blk/white playoff/all star XIII’s dropped and most of the people in my area were going for the griffeYs than the 13 Retro.

I probably would have if I had the funds at the time.

My favorite non - OG color was the Hot Reds/ Anthracites. Not counting on it but I hope those come back out. Hot Reds and the red Cincy colorway are my top 2 non OGs that I'd like to see come back.

Not sure what happened to my Hot Reds but I loved those in HS and in college. I remember seeing Wiz had em on in the This Plane music video....

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 7.29.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 7.28.30 PM.png

I'm just not feeling the tiny air bubbles on the retros, bought the 09s from Eastbay but wasn't feeling them and returned them.

Back
Top Bottom