Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

I had no idea Piazza went that freakin late in the draft. And end of in the HOF :smokin

As a Dodger fan I think he should have gone in as a Dodger. Especially with everything Lasorda did for him. His stats were almost equal for both I think. Subway Series and the way he felt the fans did him dirty sealed it as a Met.

Last edited:
As a Dodger fan I think he should have gone in as a Dodger. Especially with everything Lasorda did for him. His stats were almost equal for both I think. Subway Series and the way he felt the fans did him dirty sealed it as a Met.

I'm not a Dodger fan and I feel he should've gone in as a Dodger too.

I was surprised by that as well.  When I hear his name, I still picture him as a Dodger. 

Piazza is a Met. He had a great relationship with NY and their fans. Much better than he had with the Dodgers. A lot of people don't even remember him being a Dodger.

Haven't posted in a long while, but have been checking in to keep up lately. Loved the ceremony, like all of you I'm sure. Junior and Piazza might be the two best dudes to ever be inducted side by side, teared up during both speeches, haha. Anyway, laced up my PE wannabes in light of the festivities.

View media item 2112001

Those look great! Did you just paint the midsole white?

so in tribute of the HOF ceremony Sunday that I couldn't attend due to death in the family, pulled these out to wear while running early morning errands

OG 1996 on the left and 2016 HOF on the right

View media item 2112346

Nicely done! I've got a brand new OG shirt with tags. Would wear it all the time, but it's pretty big for an XL haha. '90s sizing gets you every time.

Haven't posted in a long while, but have been checking in to keep up lately. Loved the ceremony, like all of you I'm sure. Junior and Piazza might be the two best dudes to ever be inducted side by side, teared up during both speeches, haha. Anyway, laced up my PE wannabes in light of the festivities.

Very nice! Looks great :nerd:

Last edited:
I NEED you to make me a pair of these....

I made the 6.5 hour trek to Cooperstown to attend the ceremony, and i figured you guys would appreciate some pics.  Nike got me with the nickname for the "InductKid" all white Griffey 1s and i bought those on SNKRS while standing in the plaque room in the hall of fame, haha.  Saturday night they have a "Parade of Legends", which is a parade with all the previously inducted Hall of Famers that come out for the weekend along with the newest inductees, so thats the pic with Griffey in the back of a pickup.  It was hot (fortunately no rain) and i am a little sunburned even with using sunscreen, but the whole weekend was totally worth it.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite pics that i took over the weekend (Low Bandwidth BEWARE)

That's real dope. Any chance you gotta close up of that glove and bat? That's the glove from the Turn Ahead the Clock game.

Thanks. Can't believe the glove was spray painted. Hahahahahaha

I seen that jersey on eBay like a year or two ago. It was only $250, should have bought it.

Back
Top Bottom