OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

laugh.gif

Guarantee that's not my problem with this. 
wink.gif

Cool?  Don't think I said you in particular did I?  Truth is most people who wanted these won't get them due to price.  If you can afford them, then what are you whining about?
I think this could've raised a lot more money for charity if that was their true intentions. It's more based on hype imo. 
Besides that, the auto lacing feature missing makes the price of the sneaker solely on hype. 

Seriously? Do you really think people only want this shoe because of that gimmick (sure it's cool, but it's still a gimmick)? IMO, people will pay a lot for these because they are part of popular culture and mean something to them, also some will try because they can brag to their friends that they have a pair, and some will buy with the intention to flip though I doubt actual MP will be more than what the auctions finish at, because everyone knows that charity auctions finish at a much higher value than they would on the normal market. 
Yes there is hype, but imo there is more ACTUAL DEMAND. People really do want these for what they are

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Cool?  Don't think I said you in particular did I?  Truth is most people who wanted these won't get them due to price.  If you can afford them, then what are you whining about?
I think this could've raised a lot more money for charity if that was their true intentions. It's more based on hype imo. 
Besides that, the auto lacing feature missing makes the price of the sneaker solely on hype. 

Seriously? Do you really think people only want this shoe because of that gimmick (sure it's cool, but it's still a gimmick)? IMO, people will pay a lot for these because they are part of popular culture and mean something to them, also some will try because they can brag to their friends that they have a pair, and some will buy with the intention to flip though I doubt actual MP will be more than what the auctions finish at, because everyone knows that charity auctions finish at a much higher value than they would on the normal market. 
Yes there is hype, but imo there is more ACTUAL DEMAND. People really do want these for what they are

Of course they do, I'm probably one of the few people here old enough to see the movie when it came out. That's initially why I was interested.

Of course they do, I'm probably one of the few people here old enough to see the movie when it came out. That's initially why I was interested.

laugh.gif

wink.gif

I think the price on these is pure hype to begin with.  They're cool but lets be honest, I think we can both agree that some people (not saying anyone in here or anything like that) have never even seen the movie and probably didn't know what these were 2 days ago and love them now.  It's all hype. 
I'm sure Nike knows they can and frankly WILL make a lot more money on these in the near future.  

I bet there will be some tech savy nerd that buys a pair and makes them have the auto lace system 
laugh.gif

These will reach crazy amounts, it's not only shoe collectors this time but celebs and those rich movie buffs who collect any and everything movies.  

Damn these are ridiculous
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Definitely wouldn't mind a pair. Definitely wouldn't beast tho lol

Damn these are ridiculous
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Definitely wouldn't mind a pair. Definitely wouldn't beast tho lol

laugh.gif

wink.gif

I think the price on these is pure hype to begin with.  They're cool but lets be honest, I think we can both agree that some people (not saying anyone in here or anything like that) have never even seen the movie and probably didn't know what these were 2 days ago and love them now.  It's all hype. 
I'm sure Nike knows they can and frankly WILL make a lot more money on these in the near future.  

I bet there will be some tech savy nerd that buys a pair and makes them have the auto lace system 
laugh.gif

These will reach crazy amounts, it's not only shoe collectors this time but celebs and those rich movie buffs who collect any and everything movies.  

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Why are people complaining about this release? THIS IS FOR CHARITY PEOPLE!!!!

Sure, does the average NTer have the ability to win one of those auctions? Probably not. But it isn't like they pushed these out to boutiques and threw a $1000 MSRP on them. All the proceeds go to a CHARITY to HELP PEOPLE. Listen, I'd like a pair of these as much as the next man. And I love BTTF as much as the next NTer. But seriously...how can anyone really be mad at how Nike is handling this release? I wish more companies would do stuff like this.

And not to mention, there have already been several nods to another release in 2015.

And if you really want a pair....bid on the damn auctions!

I will say that the lack of auto-lacing does kinda suck. Hopefully that will be in effect come 2015.
LOL, that's rich. Get real. That is a crock of #%@# and you know it.
laugh.gif

Charity.
laugh.gif

They could general release these and make a TON MORE for charity, I mean get real. Setup a percentage, ala Project Red with the iPods, Gap shirts, etc. That would make a dent for charity. This... This will make significantly less for charity. And yeah, I'm sure the production costs render it expensive to produce, so even making them slightly cheaper as a general release would do more good than harm. If Apple and GAP can do it, so can Nike. But hey, I'm just a thinker.

Did you really think Nike would make these a GR?  C'mon son....that's just wishful thinking.  If you look at their track record, you'd KNOW these weren't about to be a widespread release.  These are for a very niche market--let's be honest.  Sneaker dudes and BTTF fans (the hardcore and some casual).  The average shoe consumer (who is NOT on Niketalk) would look at these on the shelf and laugh.  Making these a GR makes NO sense from a business perspective.  From our perspective?  Yeah--we'd all love the chance to walk into our local spot and grab a pair.  But last I checked, we don't run a global powerhouse of a business.  But hey, you're a thinker, right?  I'ma have to start using that line.    
And what does Nike stand to gain from making these limited to 1500 pairs?  All the proceeds go to charity.  The shoes aren't releasing to the general public any time soon, so this isn't marketing for a release in the near future.  What do they gain....exposure?  
laugh.gif
  Like Nike needs exposure.  Sure, the fact that they're for charity may earn them some kudos, but do you REALLY think Nike is worried about kudos?  Maybe...just maybe...they're doing this for the cause?  Time will tell.     

I guess we'll see how these fare on eBay per shoe, but I don't think the money they bring in for this good cause will be anything to laugh at.  

^ I can agree with that. If this is re-released to the general pub, I think it would be honorable to continue percentage donations to Michael's charity.

^ I can agree with that. If this is re-released to the general pub, I think it would be honorable to continue percentage donations to Michael's charity.

Sure, does the average NTer have the ability to win one of those auctions? Probably not. But it isn't like they pushed these out to boutiques and threw a $1000 MSRP on them. All the proceeds go to a CHARITY to HELP PEOPLE. Listen, I'd like a pair of these as much as the next man. And I love BTTF as much as the next NTer. But seriously...how can anyone really be mad at how Nike is handling this release? I wish more companies would do stuff like this.

And not to mention, there have already been several nods to another release in 2015.

I will say that the lack of auto-lacing does kinda suck. Hopefully that will be in effect come 2015.
laugh.gif

Charity.
laugh.gif

They could general release these and make a TON MORE for charity, I mean get real. Setup a percentage, ala Project Red with the iPods, Gap shirts, etc. That would make a dent for charity. This... This will make significantly less for charity. And yeah, I'm sure the production costs render it expensive to produce, so even making them slightly cheaper as a general release would do more good than harm. If Apple and GAP can do it, so can Nike. But hey, I'm just a thinker.

Did you really think Nike would make these a GR?  C'mon son....that's just wishful thinking.  If you look at their track record, you'd KNOW these weren't about to be a widespread release.  These are for a very niche market--let's be honest.  Sneaker dudes and BTTF fans (the hardcore and some casual).  The average shoe consumer (who is NOT on Niketalk) would look at these on the shelf and laugh.  Making these a GR makes NO sense from a business perspective.  From our perspective?  Yeah--we'd all love the chance to walk into our local spot and grab a pair.  But last I checked, we don't run a global powerhouse of a business.  But hey, you're a thinker, right?  I'ma have to start using that line.    
And what does Nike stand to gain from making these limited to 1500 pairs?  All the proceeds go to charity.  The shoes aren't releasing to the general public any time soon, so this isn't marketing for a release in the near future.  What do they gain....exposure?  
laugh.gif
  Like Nike needs exposure.  Sure, the fact that they're for charity may earn them some kudos, but do you REALLY think Nike is worried about kudos?  Maybe...just maybe...they're doing this for the cause?  Time will tell.     

I guess we'll see how these fare on eBay per shoe, but I don't think the money they bring in for this good cause will be anything to laugh at.  

Originally Posted by El Bro

I hope Gilbert Arenas buys a pair and wears them next year. That would be badass to see.

i'm almost certain this will happen actually.

and damn, tinker is such a
pimp.gif

he would be completely justified if he used jigga's line "i invented swag".

Originally Posted by El Bro

I hope Gilbert Arenas buys a pair and wears them next year. That would be badass to see.

i'm almost certain this will happen actually.

and damn, tinker is such a
pimp.gif

he would be completely justified if he used jigga's line "i invented swag".

NIKE just take my 2 stacks now... Why wait 10 days for the auction to end and have to pay the $200 ebay fees. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NIKE just take my 2 stacks now... Why wait 10 days for the auction to end and have to pay the $200 ebay fees. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Charity.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm glad it at least goes to charity but I think the demand still towers over supply. Obviously at a higher price, that demand goes higher.  We'll see how much these go for, and who is buying. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom