Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

So I had terrible heel slip going on in the 97s even though I was rockin the half size down at size 9 the heel slip remained but my toes paid the price. Having my feet scrunched at the top of the shoe to try and avoid the heel slip in the back just left me with terrible plantar fasciitis and pairs of shoes I wish I could still wear :frown:

So I had terrible heel slip going on in the 97s even though I was rockin the half size down at size 9 the heel slip remained but my toes paid the price. Having my feet scrunched at the top of the shoe to try and avoid the heel slip in the back just left me with terrible plantar fasciitis and pairs of shoes I wish I could still wear :frown:
I was just about to say the same thing, last time I had these, half size down did not help the heel slip. Stick to your size people and maybe change the insole to something more substantial? That’s what I’m trying this time.

Full size no, but for a second insole or one thick great insole, it works for casual wear. Probably no good cuts in them, but penny 1s were never known for any kind of lockdown.

In regards to mine, I got my true size , they don't feel big to me
thank you this really gave me some peace of mind about it!
I was just about to say the same thing, last time I had these, half size down did not help the heel slip. Stick to your size people and maybe change the insole to something more substantial? That’s what I’m trying this time.
yup exactly might give these a nice insole swap and give em the red carpet treatment

I'm wearing my blue penny 6 today I got for like $50 years ago 😂 I was like "screw it" at the time but I desperately need these.

Edit...

Works in progress (OGs on top)…
62C3F135-3202-4366-AB2E-9CBEF59DB808.jpeg

Who else had to “settle” for the Air Way Up back in 95, because the Penny’s were sold out everywhere?

Personally, I preferred the Penny 1 Orlando over the Concords when they dropped. Missed out on the 1’s, but the subsequent releases became my Christmas shoe in my adolescence.

Never owned the Orlando colorway of the 1’s, but I copped these in like 2000. Been using them for yard work, but they’re definitely starting to crumble.

Hopefully I can get these at retail.

FE47D158-4EB6-4EC5-8B08-8EA10DAB23B7.jpeg
FA999889-FD91-42F4-A694-ECC99C7AFEB2.jpeg

Who else had to “settle” for the Air Way Up back in 95, because the Penny’s were sold out everywhere?

Personally, I preferred the Penny 1 Orlando over the Concords when they dropped. Missed out on the 1’s, but the subsequent releases became my Christmas shoe in my adolescence.

Never owned the Orlando colorway of the 1’s, but I copped these in like 2000. Been using them for yard work, but they’re definitely starting to crumble.

Hopefully I can get these at retail.

FE47D158-4EB6-4EC5-8B08-8EA10DAB23B7.jpeg
FA999889-FD91-42F4-A694-ECC99C7AFEB2.jpeg
Me, I chose the penny 1s over concords for my Christmas gift. These are considered my all time favorite shoe.

Having shoes in school was definitely a game of one-upping people. This was the best school year too because it was 95-96 when the Bulls were going thru their 72 win season and the Magic won 64 games.

A few of my friends started school with the Air Max CW that year, I started with the Shadow 10s.

Then I hit them with the Concord 11s.

They then struck back with the Pennys 1s.

I countered with the Uptempo 95 in the beginning of 1996 and later on black-red 11s around April-ish.

Having shoes in school was definitely a game of one-upping people. This was the best school year too because it was 95-96 when the Bulls were going thru their 72 win season and the Magic won 64 games.

A few of my friends started school with the Air Max CW that year, I started with the Shadow 10s.

Then I hit them with the Concord 11s.

They then struck back with the Pennys 1s.

I countered with the Uptempo 95 in the beginning of 1996 and later on black-red 11s around April-ish.

It definitely was. Sounds like you had some heat. I tried to get those Black/Red 11’s with my birthday money, but they were sold out everywhere. I was calling every shoe store within 30 miles. 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom