Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

LOL... This community has done a lot for me and helped me out for a long time to find a place to secure a pair for a retail and to snatch massive sales, especially for Huaraches.
I always wanted to give it back to heads and contribute something to the community here, so I rushed to make the account here and posted a link when I saw this legendary pair (retail!) on SP.

Local city gear had a random size 15 just chilling. I need a 14 but if I can't find a trade or whatever I'll just double sock this ***.

Some sizes in the Orlando

My patience actually paid off for once. Was finally able to scoop that highly elusive 12 at retail!

Orlando 1's popped up at my local House of Hoops Foot Locker. I suggest checking out a Foot Locker around your way.

Seen a guy on Youtube today pick them up at his FTL and I was like what the hell, I'll swing by.

According to the store associate, they just got them in today.

PXL_20230503_002943966.jpg

Last edited:
since yall talking about pronouncing nike remember that one brand Bike?

was that pronounced like nike or like a riding bike?
Yup. Pronounced Bike. When I was in 5th grade my guy Mike (ironically) was the first kid I saw with the Nike Jordan 11 Low black and red. He was the first kid I met that was into sneakers the way I was. Only difference was his parents could afford to buy him sneakers lol. He came to class that day with a black and red bike tracksuit with the Jordan 11 lows on. And I was the only one that knew what was up.

We were already cool but bonded when I had to defend him to the whole class that his Jordan 11 IEs were indeed Jordans and that Bike was a cycling gear company that was older than Nike and definitely was not a Nike rip off. Without internet and cell phones that task involved me sneaking off the playground during recess, getting past my grandfather's restaurant that was directly across the street from the school, and getting to my house which was directly behind the restaurant in order to grab my Eastbay catalog as evidence.

I hated loosing arguments especially back then. 🤣😂🤣

Out of curiosity, has anybody checked a Foot Locker in their area for the Orlando's?

Trying to see if they actually did a national drop at all of their stores or if it will continue to be sporadic. This release has been one of the weirdest in recent memory.

Out of curiosity, has anybody checked a Foot Locker in their area for the Orlando's?

Trying to see if they actually did a national drop at all of their stores or if it will continue to be sporadic. This release has been one of the weirdest in recent memory.

I’ve seen plenty of posts on IG and YT videos of folks picking these up from their local FTL. Probably depends on the area too.

As usual, the side by side really shows the changes compared to the OG. Whole shoe is slimmed down and lower. Some of that looks to me (best I can tell from the video) like it's a result of the smaller air unit. The smaller air bag leads to a different size and different proportions of the rear foam midsole piece, which then requires the upper to be scaled differently to make it all align and look right when put together.
Still waiting on my pair from Shoe Palace, but they look good overall. Good shape, seems like. I don't get why they changed the rear logo stitching from silver to white, and why they can't have the white "cut lines" and 3M. Typical Nike changes for no obviously good reason. Especially the wrong color embroidery on the logo. Oh well.

Got my pair in from SP today, no real complaints, they look good.
Re: the above video and what I said after watching it, now I'm a bit confused. The heel logo embroidery is definitely not white, after all. It may not be as "sparkly" silver as the OG, but it's certainly its own shade of gray/silver. The pair he has in the video indeed looks white, but that may just be the way his camera rendered it? Anyway, just found it a tad interesting.

penny.jpg

Been checking since Friday at the stores that would normally get these. Was able to actually get panda dunks for my nieces and nephews but not a penny Orlando in sight

If this is at all intentional Nike definitely pulled one with this one. These are selling almost like panda dunks 😂

Thinking the exact same. Once they got the hype and instant sellouts going last year, it’s like people grab them immediately now just because they’re seen as difficult to get. I wonder how many people buying them can even explain why they’re buying them, other than for the reason we just said.

Thinking the exact same. Once they got the hype and instant sellouts going last year, it’s like people grab them immediately now just because they’re seen as difficult to get. I wonder how many people buying them can even explain why they’re buying them, other than for the reason we just said.
Exactly. In the thick of it, it was both fun and annoying. In hindsight, I ain't mad because it's nice to see a non Jordan retro signature get the respect and appreciation it deserves. My first cop last June was like the old days. Walked into a store randomly and saw them on the wall. Copped doubles.

Exactly. In the thick of it, it was both fun and annoying. In hindsight, I ain't mad because it's nice to see a non Jordan retro signature get the respect and appreciation it deserves. My first cop last June was like the old days. Walked into a store randomly and saw them on the wall. Copped doubles.

Ya. I walked into FTL amd bought two pairs of the 2006 Orlando retro with no effort. Remember the 2011s being no thing, either. This one has been nuts lol

Back
Top Bottom