Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

If those adjust forces were less than $80 I would cop base off nostalgia alone. Plus I have a few of those straps still

Idk man it's a fine line. Honestly they do have to make some limited product to stay cool. Let's be honest, if they made 500k of these, they'd sit on shelves and hit the outlet. See JB from like 2014-2018 or whatever it was. They flooded the market with every release and the brand wasn't cool anymore. People moved to UB and Yeezy bc every colorway was limited. They even used the bs excuse of "We can only make so much boost!" and people ate it up. So while we can all say we wish they made more, do we really? If they made 500k pairs, would you still cop? You may, but most wouldn't. So yea, some things do need to be limited to keep the brand and a model cool.
You don’t think that releasing only 2300 pairs is a bit excessive though? That’s beyond just “limited”. Bottom line they could’ve made more pairs but chose not to. Cool. Hopefully I can still get a pair with the in store appointment. If so there won’t be another peep from me about the matter.

You don’t think that releasing only 2300 pairs is a bit excessive though? That’s beyond just “limited”. Bottom line they could’ve made more pairs but chose not to. Cool. Hopefully I can still get a pair with the in store appointment. If so there won’t be another peep from me about the matter.
With the previous AMM releases the in store reservation was almost a guarantee so if the same hold true you should be good.

Idk a lot of appointments still available. Not sure if that's a glitch, guess we'll see. Either way I don't see resell being wild bc I just don't see a lot of demand for these. They only made 5k of the af1 they did a few years ago, still the best quality shoe I've held in hand, and it doesn't go for a ton.

There has to be a middle ground between ultra limited and outlet bound.

You know what, the Black/Red Air Ship would be a good shoe for swoosh to try pre-orders on.

-Has history and significance, but isn't popular enough where they have to make millions of pairs.
-Cheap to make compared to other Nike models.
-No one has them for the most part, so there's few OGs to compare them to.

Just thinking out loud.

its probably a bit excessive but look at what happened with the social status penny. they are literally having to give those away.

i'm all for simple colorways, however, i'd rather they be a GR. something like this or a fragment 1 shouldn't be something that is hard to get imo.

Appointment set for Wednesday at Prosper. Coming up from South Jersey so it’s a drive but it’s always nice to visit my hometown. Gonna stop by the American Dream on the way back and see what’s up

2300 is a fair amount considering these have no demand. Cook groups didn't even post about em. Plus spots didn't even fill up. It's pretty much a W unless you picked a rare pair they made like 5 of. them. I get the feeling the online drop will be an easy cop too. Like DB said the forces which are some of the best aren't doing numbers with less pairs they won't do much better.

Can’t use cook groups to gauge interest. Almost all of them are run by teens/early 20s. They don’t really know anything about classic models. Most of the big groups didn’t post about the Orlando Pennys and we saw what happened with them. Also these shoes just leaked last week and are releasing in a couple of days which made it impossible for hype to grow. Which for us is a good thing hopefully. I do think the online drop will be hard to hit, but I’m 3/3 on drops.

Can’t use cook groups to gauge interest. Almost all of them are run by teens/early 20s. They don’t really know anything about classic models. Most of the big groups didn’t post about the Orlando Pennys and we saw what happened with them. Also these shoes just leaked last week and are releasing in a couple of days which made it impossible for hype to grow. Which for us is a good thing hopefully. I do think the online drop will be hard to hit, but I’m 3/3 on drops.

Oh I agree it's run by a bunch of silly kids. but the issue is those kids are the ones who are the target demo/people buying up all the stock. They're usually on point with knowing how demand will play out. And as far as I know most covered the Penny targeting big sizes just like they do with most 4s. Regardless with them not going after these for now that's fantastic since this should be a hype droop that's easy for people to hit.

And I'm usually pretty confident with AMM online drops. But with stock being so low if you're not built for speed you're screwed lol. I've managed to hit every AMM drop online with ease. Luckily I can sit this one out if I get my invoice form in-store.

Ships at work today.
PXL_20220823_115304727.jpg

I have a feeling that in-store appointments will be a guaranteed win as usual. 2300 quantity is a lot for in store reserves. Online will be much harder but not impossible. The way i figure it, in store stock is probably capped at 1500-1700 pairs and the rest will go online.

Appointment set for Wednesday at Prosper. Coming up from South Jersey so it’s a drive but it’s always nice to visit my hometown. Gonna stop by the American Dream on the way back and see what’s up

Live in south jersey my self but I went to school up north so I have one of my local friends entering for me. Let’s see if the “in store preference” still holds true

I entered for a size 11. Had my appointment today at 5:30PM.

Not sure if I’ll keep or not if I win.

Royal blue just happens to be my favorite color. James couldn’t have slapped that silly *** tag on the yellow pair?
1661312748929.png

If people pay more for these than the Banned Air Ships or the New Beginnings white/red, pairs that MJ actually wore … I don’t even know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom