Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

I will say ships fit a little tighter than the OG AJ1 high retros of today.

I have plenty of size 9 AJ1s and they fit fine.

I bought several pairs of ships in the same size 9 and they all hurt. I will have to eventually do swaps for a 9.5. I was hoping thinner socks would save me but it's too uncomfortable even with that.

Lesson learned.

It's counterintuitive: lace them up more tightly and they are more comfy for me. They also use a higher quality leather and tend to stretch a little more with use I've found.

It's counterintuitive: lace them up more tightly and they are more comfy for me. They also use a higher quality leather and tend to stretch a little more with use I've found.
I've probably put 10-20 hours into my NGs and they still are a bit tight. I like the silhouette regardless but I will have to do something to ease my comfort.

I've never felt they ran smaller than 1's, but it may have more to do with foot shape and construction than last/size. The little elastic gore behind the first few lace holes and the shape of the eyestay allows for a more comfortable fit than pre-broken-in 1's for me, but I have a high instep and the widest part of my foot is seemingly slightly farther back than the most common foot shape.

I am infinitely more comfortable a half size up from my 1's size (which is my true size) with air ships. I dont have any sitting right infornt of me but it feels like the toe box on 1s is longer/narrower while the toe box on ships is shorter/wider.

I haven’t had a pair of Ships since the 80’s..Can you give me a brief breakdown on the fit/comfort difference between the Ship and AJ1 please?..Thinking of ordering that white/grey pair but don’t really want to if they aren’t at least as comfortable as the 1’s..
More comfortable than 1s to me

I’m giving y’all too much sauce here but if you’re looking for a lower key shirt to go with these that matches but isn’t matchy matchy. I already own it, and if you’re unfamiliar with atmos quality, it’s up there. The blanks are thicker/heavier than standard. It’s also listed in Japanese sizes so I suggest going up a size.

IMG_6534.png
IMG_6535.jpeg
IMG_6536.jpeg

Completely white with a gray swoosh and icy bottom? Might be the first easy pass on an Air Ship for me, but still interested to see more. Surely someone other than Corporate is going to come with some color on something other than just the swoosh/collar and outsole.

I am infinitely more comfortable a half size up from my 1's size (which is my true size) with air ships. I dont have any sitting right infornt of me but it feels like the toe box on 1s is longer/narrower while the toe box on ships is shorter/wider.

Question on the shorter info. Have you ever put a pair of 1s up against a Ship outsole to outsole to see if they are the same length? This is my issue. My size 11 Jordan 1 High (Letterman's for example) fit perfect. If the Ships are actually shorter in the same size 11, I don't want to buy these blindly as I would be doing so secondary market (one of the colors that didn't sell all that well, Team Orange probably as I got an idea with some Angelus paint). Would love to know if they are both the same size in length. 👍

Last edited:
Question on the shorter info. Have you ever put a pair of 1s up against a Ship outsole to outsole to see if they are the same length? This is my issue. My size 11 Jordan 1 High (Letterman's for example) for perfect. If the Ships are actually shorter in the same size 11, I don't want to buy these blindly as I would be doing so secondary market (one of the colors that didn't sell all that well, Team Orange probably as I got an idea with some Angelus paint). Would love to know if they are both the same size in length. 👍

Size 11.5 every game air ships, size 11 lost and founds. The ships are a half size larger, but look how much stubbier and wider the toe box is in comparison. Now imagine that If they were the same size. If I had to I could make it work but it would take time to break in or I wouldn’t be able to wear them for long periods comfortably.
IMG_6554.jpeg
IMG_6555.jpeg

If you're reading this, bravo and big thanks, Mr. Tomamichel... I don't even do ships and I love love these. Almost cried while reading the card... :emoji_sob:

It's been quite the pleasure & inspiration witnessing you blossom. Big respect. :emoji_raised_hands:

If Mr. Tomamichel is reading this, you need better customer service.

I placed an order on release date, received a tracking number yesterday and my order was cancelled just now due to no more inventory. If they would’ve given some notice, I could’ve at least tried to buy them elsewhere.

I was one of the early supporters here that was happy that Corporate was getting recognition but this has left a sour taste in my mouth. I’ve spent $$$$$$ at Corporate and this will likely be the last for me.

IMG_6197.jpeg

Size 11.5 every game air ships, size 11 lost and founds. The ships are a half size larger, but look how much stubbier and wider the toe box is in comparison. Now imagine that If they were the same size. If I had to I could make it work but it would take time to break in or I wouldn’t be able to wear them for long periods comfortably.
IMG_6554.jpeg
IMG_6555.jpeg

HUGE thank you buddy!! 🙏🙏🙏 I can definitely see if the Ships were an 11, they would definitely feel short inside and my big toe on my bigger foot would be stuffed against the end of the show! Dang it, this sucks. I can find a pair of the white greys, or team orange size 11 between the $90-$110 range, which I'm good with. The 11.5 ALWAYS gets bumped up close to $175 😞 I'll have to scope around for a bit to see what I can find.

There is a sneaker convention at the end of the month in the Philly burbs on the 30th and I think I'll swing by and see if I can find a deal on one of these. 👍 Thanks again for the pics and for what you did buddy. 🤝🤝

Just got the double-up W email from Feature (forgot I signed up for the raffle there) for the Corporate joints, just in time to cancel my draw entries from AMM/APB/Social Status. Time to get these on feet and beat 'em up with the comforting knowledge of having a backup on ice.

If Mr. Tomamichel is reading this, you need better customer service.

I placed an order on release date, received a tracking number yesterday and my order was cancelled just now due to no more inventory. If they would’ve given some notice, I could’ve at least tried to buy them elsewhere.

I was one of the early supporters here that was happy that Corporate was getting recognition but this has left a sour taste in my mouth. I’ve spent $$$$$$ at Corporate and this will likely be the last for me.

IMG_6197.jpeg
These are releasing today at saint alfred at 9 am cst so you have another shot

Back
Top Bottom