Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to break the news to most of you but the Yeezy 2 was honestly an insignificant historical design captured by the pitifully awkward outcast of reality. It means nothing, says nothing, does nothing. A rapper collaborated on a shoe, that's it. Meaningless product, much like a Kardashian.
weren't able to snag a pair nor afford resale value, i take it?

I hate to break the news to most of you but the Yeezy 2 was honestly an insignificant historical design captured by the pitifully awkward outcast of reality. It means nothing, says nothing, does nothing. A rapper collaborated on a shoe, that's it. Meaningless product, much like a Kardashian.

chill... it's a shoe, not a museum. it doesn't need to hold history, mean anything or say anything.

weren't able to snag a pair nor afford resale value, i take it?

LMAO! Sniper back on my NUTS! Got one pair at retail and sold it for a nice profit. Felt ridiculously criminal but oh well, a fool and his wealth will soon part.

chill... it's a shoe, not a museum. it doesn't need to hold history, mean anything or say anything.

I'm very chill. You are right it doesn't hold history, doesn't mean anything, and doesn't say anything. Its a useless blip that joyfully resells for $1,450. Like a Kardashian! :lol:

Damn peruwhite has nothing but hate for this thread lol. IMO these are well above any sneaker that's released in a while.

Damn peruwhite has nothing but hate for this thread lol. IMO these are well above any sneaker that's released in a while.

LOL! I have comedic hate for the shoe. Honestly just posted to cause a little backlash with the Yeezy enthusiast. No biggie man. The Yeezy just emphasizes everything that is wrong with shoe collecting and our society in general. Not to get too deep or anything cuz it's not really that serious but it is ironically funny.

you are right about yeezy in some ways. The most expensive jordans barely go for 1000 at best and this loud mouth rapper has solars hittin 2000 or more on feebay. Its kind of wrong in some sense. But hype is what pays nowadays. It is a "high quality" shoe for todays standards but the jordan bin series are for the most part the same quaility without the hype pretty nice also but will never hit 2gs some ugly colorways though

LOL! I have comedic hate for the shoe. Honestly just posted to cause a little backlash with the Yeezy enthusiast. No biggie man. The Yeezy just emphasizes everything that is wrong with shoe collecting and our society in general. Not to get too deep or anything cuz it's not really that serious but it is ironically funny.

If not the yeezy then what was your favorite of 2012?

If not the yeezy then what was your favorite of 2012?

Honestly my favorite shoe of 2012 had to be the Air Jordan XI Playoff. Not because of its popularity or the "hype" or the resell value of the shoe but simply because I've lived in Chicago all my life and remember MJ winning the ring in those on Father's day after his pops was murdered and him laying on the floor crying, etc. It is a golden moment in NBA history, the reason I got into sneakers in the 1st place, because of basketball.

I'm not gonna front, realistically the Yeezy 1 and 2 are some of the hottest commodities the sneaker culture has ever seen BUT that does not mean the shoe needs to be praised like having it is life changing. I poke fun about it because its funny to see people come to the defense of a shoe. Plus, I've met Mr.West and if only the people that idolized him knew how down to Earth he is you wouldn't put him or his shoe on a pedestal. Love the artist, the shoe is decent, hate the idolization it garners. 500 murders in Chicago in 2012...

Last edited:
it's also funny to see how hard people go to hate on this shoe.

seems like most hate more on the people the shoe attracts (cuz of the hype), than the shoe itself.

i actually got into it with some runner elitists on the asics gel lyte 3 facebook page, cuz a couple guys were trying to say asics have better quality than yeezy's, and me having a very healthy collection of asics, some of the most rare, high quality releases, that's just completely inaccurate.

i've got nikes and jordans from the last decade, the 90's, and all the way back to OG black toes from 1985, and i've never seen a nike shoe with better quality than the net and zen yeezy 1's.

i feel like that was nike's first and only real successful attempt at a luxury shoe.

the 2's are good quality, much better than a lot of nike's crap, but the over all look of them is what is most appealing to me.

i think despite the obvious influences kanye had, the yeezy 1 and yeezy 2 do have a unique look. with the strap up, i LOVE the silhouette of both shoes from the side, and there's not really any shoes that look quite like 'em.

the yeezy 2's are the most hyped shoe of all time. good or bad, that does hold history, and to be fair, not many shoes have "meant" or "said" anything since jordan's first 14 releases...

i'd still be all about them even if they were a GR, that's my word. i just love how they look.

people love to hate this shoe, and it seems a lot of it stems from their hate for "hype beasts" (and ironically, some of the cats i've seen hate like that are hype beasts in their own way themselves).

if the shoe didn't have that attention, some of the cats who hate the hardest would prolly have them in their collection, and wear them.

By the way, where the hell do you guys find Yeezy 2s for sale? There are none on NT, I dont see any on SF/BayArea Craigslist, and all I see is fakes on Ebay or Buy It Now at $3,000 and up

So where's this 3rd colorway release everyone was guaranteeing? lol

edit: anyone know what the smallest size was? my girl wants a pair, but i only know of europe releasing gs type sizes.

Last edited:
Honestly, the Nike Air Yeezy 2 is the best sneaker of 2012. Hands Down. No other shoe caused this much hype. People are afraid to admit it because they dont want to be called "hypebeast" but this shoe tops every sneaker nike put out or any other brand. Moe release is a perfect example, of how people drove miles, some people took FLIGHTS!!! You think they did that for some ****** china lebrons? Or cement 3s? Everyone of those thousands of people wanted yeezys. But this is justt my opinion.

Just out of curiosity do you think trading ParaNormans foams for Air Yeezy 2s is worth it?

I know this is the yeezy 2 thread, but I didn't want to gravedig just to ask a question. Do y'all think these are legit?

They look fine to me, but I want to be sure. The seller doesn't have the original receipt, & he said he got them from a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom