Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about everything that's "wrong" with what used to be the underground sneaker culture, then try to associate one single shoe that embodies those issues, the very first shoe that comes to mind is the Air Yeezy.

From the insane resell price, to the month long campouts, to the shady employee dealing, to the fake pairs, to the scam artist targets. All these issues are magnified by a million when Air Yeezy is added to the equation. That's been my ONLY issue since the love of the shoe is supposed to be so "pure".

You don't love the shoe, you don't love any sneaker for that matter. You love what it represents, or the memories it has attached to it, or the friendships built through the struggle of getting your hands on a pair.

All I'm saying is keep the focus where it should be, the culture, not on something overly glorified and illogically worshipped.

Essay complete...

Couldnt agree more Proto.  There will always be a more "responsible" way to spend money.  Each person has to find their own balance between life's responsibilities and life's desires. 

exactly.

and it's funny, some of the same cats i'm friends with locally, who have tried to question how much money i've spent on my shoe collection, are the same people who spend G's per year on cigarettes, alcohol, weed, fast food, and other crap that's a much bigger waste of time and money IMO, AND it's killing them (at least i have something in hand to show for my spending, and i can sell it and not only recoup, but profit)... and i don't even knock them for it... cuz i don't concern myself with how other people spend their own money...

it's always hilarious to me when people try to imply i buy sneakers to "stunt", and not because i actually like them... cuz i wear my shoes, and 99% of the people around me in this bumf#%k city and state, have no idea what the "heat" is on my feet when i'm out and about... you might get some daps from some goons if you're wearing some J's, and even then, if i'm wearing some '99 white or black cement 4's, one of the few rare wearable pairs left that haven't cracked yet, they think i'm wearing the retro from last year... :lol:

Last edited:
You guys and these leather pants
mean.gif
"I had to ball for therapy, my shrink don’t think that helps at all
Whatever, that man ain’t wearing these leather pants
I diagnose my damn self, these damn pills ain’t working fam"

Aparently they're good enough to make kid cudi feel better.
Word is he's got some issues though.

When you think about everything that's "wrong" with what used to be the underground sneaker culture, then try to associate one single shoe that embodies those issues, the very first shoe that comes to mind is the Air Yeezy.

From the insane resell price, to the month long campouts, to the shady employee dealing, to the fake pairs, to the scam artist targets. All these issues are magnified by a million when Air Yeezy is added to the equation. That's been my ONLY issue since the love of the shoe is supposed to be so "pure".

You don't love the shoe, you don't love any sneaker for that matter. You love what it represents, or the memories it has attached to it, or the friendships built through the struggle of getting your hands on a pair.

All I'm saying is keep the focus where it should be, the culture, not on something overly glorified and illogically worshipped.

Essay complete...

and while i agree with you on some points, and totally see where that stigma comes from, as it does attract beasts (people who don't know what they like, they only buy what's popular), it's still unfair and BS... cuz some people do actually love a shoe simply for how it looks, cuz i really don't have any memories, friendships, or struggles attached to most of my shoes... i respect that stuff if others do, but i simply buy my shoes cuz i love how they look...

it's gonna be the first shoe you think of tho, cuz it has been the most hyped sneaker release of all time... and that attracts all kinds of nonsense... it's just short sighted to imply or think everyone who likes them or owns them is in it for the BS...

the real target for you to be mad at for all those things tho is money... "the insane resell price, to the month long campouts, to the shady employee dealing, to the fake pairs, to the scam artist targets"... those are all due to people's love of money, not the shoe's fault (you can blame nike and kanye for making it so limited and hyping them up so much, but the shoe and how it looks isn't really to blame, the people who genuinely love the shoe for how it looks would have bought it regardless of the hype or limited availability)...

Last edited:
just cuz there's tons of profit to be made, doesn't mean you're an idiot to not make it (and chances are, if you stop caring about the shoe later, there will still be profit to be made anyways, these prices are only going up, for used pairs too)... if you got other means to get money, who cares? half the time you guys sell stuff off cuz you can't stand the fact there's money to be made, but then you come in these threads, admit you spent the money on some BS, and say you regret selling it when you see some on feet pix that make you remember how much you liked it in the first place...

lol your a better man than me as much as i love yeezus and i do regret selling the shoes i just couldnt say no some of you guys may rather wear the shoes but if someone is willing to give me nearly 50 times what i paid for em its hard to say know looking back i kinda wish i still kept em cause the shoes are honestly ill imo (will admit tho that money gave me lots of fun 
laugh.gif
) regardless of the yeezy namesake but in my head i figure id sell em and pick up more at resell prices and still have money leftover but i just cant justify paying over a grand for some nike shoes (rather wait for the next release so i can cop for retail) the LV x kanye too is overpriced but thats a little more justifiable as the shoes nearly retailed for 1000

The essays are always a nice read which I enjoy and yes I do mean it

well in case you're being sarcastic, i also enjoyed like 2 or 3 whole pages of this thread recently being about you getting fakes and being cool with it, then you're not, then wanting authentics, then thinking you're getting authentics, then you're not, then you're salty, then...

you get the point... :tongue:

I had a comical/semi-serious idea yesterday. What if instead of raffles footlocker, champs etc had a sort of competency test for sneakers. Kinda like a how much do you know about sneakers in general. A quick 15 min test that asked you things you should know like "what year did these first retro?" "List the OG colorways of this shoe" "Michael first wore these in what year?" Highest scores get the call backs and are able to get the shoe. That way the most deserving get the shoe and hypebeast start to disappear. Lol fun idea..........................but the sad thing is I'm part serious :smh:

I had an idea too. What if the stores just put them on display without Nike saying a word of them releasing. At least it would give people a chance.

thats called hyperstrike and they never work because then all the empolyees friends are tipped of about the release ie black flip 3s, black history month 3s, ftlotg 9s, every 21 mercer release 

Black flip 3's were sitting on the shelves over my way but its probably cause everyone was foaming at the mouth for BC3's

well in case you're being sarcastic, i also enjoyed like 2 or 3 whole pages of this thread recently being about you getting fakes and being cool with it, then you're not, then wanting authentics, then thinking you're getting authentics, then you're not, then you're salty, then...

you get the point...
tongue.gif
People who buy fakes are the absolute worst in my opinion. If you didn't get them for retail and can't afford the re-sell price, then don't get them. That's just a part of the game, some kicks you get lucky and get, some you don't. I feel people who buy fakes have a certain insecurity about being accepted or "down" that I just can't get with or understand. I love my Yeezys, yes, but there's plenty of good authentic sneakers I'd buy if I couldn't have landed me a pair as oppose to perpetrating a fraud.

People who buy fakes are the absolute worst in my opinion. If you didn't get them for retail and can't afford the re-sell price, then don't get them. That's just a part of the game, some kicks you get lucky and get, some you don't. I feel people who buy fakes have a certain insecurity about being accepted or "down" that I just can't get with or understand. I love my Yeezys, yes, but there's plenty of good authentic sneakers I'd buy if I couldn't have landed me a pair as oppose to perpetrating a fraud.

It's not that serious

THIS DAMN THREAD. i agree to a certain extent i've pondered many of times copping fakes but the only reason i havent is my own conviction in my town i'd pass with flying colors but like you said theres plenty of other needed shoes i could cop for the resell of yeezys. obviously theres many factors to think about but sometimes its acceptable to purchase a replica ie shelby cobra, air mags before they were released, fine art, replica jerseys and so on. NOW IF U SAY YOU PAID 1500 FOR OBVIOUS FAKES THATS A WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL.

I wish Nike would use my idea that I came up with years ago...

GOLD MEMBERSHIP - $500 a year
SILVER MEMBERSHIP - $300 a year
BRONZE MEMBERSHIP - $100 a year

during every release Gold gets first dibs, followed by Silver, Bronze and then general public. to regulate you make the membership page as strict as the swoosh website (username, password, ship only to cc billing address etc.). One pair per customer and you can only order in the size that you are registered with.

PROBLEM SOLVED :smokin

during every release Gold gets first dibs, followed by Silver, Bronze and then general public. to regulate you make the membership page as strict as the swoosh website (username, password, ship only to cc billing address etc.). One pair per customer and you can only order in the size that you are registered with.

PROBLEM SOLVED
smokin.gif
Gold member ship, we outchea 
nthat.gif

They would have to get insanely more consistent with their sizing. Actually, the sizing thing would be a horrible idea anyway. I'm not dating a girl that wears a size 10 lol, but you can be damn sure if I pay for that membership and my girl wants a pair of shoes, I better be able to get them, especially on a release like today's snakeskins that aren't even made in mens sizes. Number of releases per year would be a huge factor too. And they'd have to limit the number of memberships at each tier for that system to work, so then the one major limited "release" of the year is when the memberships go up for sale. Then the gold members could end up being 70% resellers and they ALWAYS end up with the more limited shoes, and you have even less of a chance at ever getting them if your bot didn't buy the gold membership fast enough. Nike needs a damn rewards program is what they need.

PROBLEM SOLVED :smokin
NIKE NEEDS TO HIRE THIS MAN

Right?

Good try, good idea, but the paying 500???

One pair?

"Naaaaaaaah, im cool." Dave chappelle disney dollar skit voice

Last edited:
Right?

Good try, good idea, but the paying 500???

One pair?

"Naaaaaaaah, im cool." Dave chappelle disney dollar skit voice

the gold membership would be an annual membership that gives you first dibs on all releases. $500 to lock down every nike release I want for the year? yes please

the gold membership would be an annual membership that gives you first dibs on all releases. $500 to lock down every nike release I want for the year? yes please
Wouldnt work if they sell a million gold membership passes and only made a couple thousand pair of the shoes how are you going to release this shoe and fairly distibute them to only some of the gold members...

That's funny a year ago everyone was saying it would be cool if they had red yeezys and now they're coming. .hopefully they aren't going to be a CD raffle

PROBLEM SOLVED
smokin.gif
Eh, too easy to see this go bad. All these lil mom and pop shops ie the stores on Jamaica Avenue if you're familiar with New York would monopolize these accounts because they could pay that initial fee for multiple accounts. I could see re-selling getting worse because once on person or place buys up a bunch of Gold Memberships and then they buy the sneakers, they can set the resell price, a la how most resellers just check Flightclub and set their prices accordingly. I'd see resell prices going higher, because the reseller will now factor in their membership fee into the resell price of the sneaker. It'd be just like subleasing an apartment, creates more middle men. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom