Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by memphissfinest

DON'T SEE WHAT THEY BIG DEAL IS ABOUT PAYING THE RESELLER PRICE WHEN NIKE THEMSELVES ARE RESELLERS.

YEEZY'S PROBABLY COST THEM LESS THAN $20 TO MAKE BUT THEY MSRP AT $245. NOBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT MARKUP. GUESS IT'S WITHIN THEIR BUDGET.

PEOPLE ONLY COMPLAIN WHEN IT'S OUTSIDE OF THEIR BUDGET....

Originally Posted by AIR JSARG

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Exactly! Since when is it alright to be able to "afford" to spend $1000+ on ONE pair of shoes and not have second thoughts, I understand if you really want them then buy them, but if you told anyone be them sneakerhead or not, i'd bet they'd make you feel foolish as all hell. I want them but i struck out, i won't be made a fool of by any means and thats regardless of what anyelse thinks about what you spend your own money on.
you obviously care too much what other's think of you.
couldn't anybody make me feel foolish about what i spend my money on.
if it's worth it to me, that's all that matters.
and i certainly wouldn't be buying them cuz i care what others think, hardly anyone around here would even know what they are, i'd strictly be buying them cuz i like them, that's it.
If you had no second thoughts aboout spending that much then more power to you, I won't tell you your wrongAnd I'm the same as everybody else, I buy what I like and nobody could tell me that i can't, however you dont go into a shop and pay 1400$ for a shirt that costs $40 just becuase you can afford it or becuase you like it, all im trying to point out is the worth for ALL shoes nowadays is outrages and its sort of concerning when people disregard it and say its ok, or like someone below this response says "U MAD" keep trolling on bro but you should mad at yourself you would pay $800+ over retail, for anything of that matter.
If I walk into a shop and see a shirt I like, I'm paying whatever the tag says because that's how retail works. If the shop is popular and the shirt is limited and sells out, I won't pay the high resale price because I'm not into T-shirts like that. This isn't T-shirtTalk.com. If you head over there, your analogy might sound like an every day deal to them. I'm over stressing out over sneakers. I enjoy them, but I'll leave that stress to the rest of yall. So obviously with that mindset, I financially prepared for this release at the retail and resale level. When it's a competition at both to obtain them, people are going to do outlandish things to get their pair if they want em enough. Some rob, some scam, and some of us are paying the price for peace of mind.

You high sodium having folks need to go harass the kids in the Jordan forum or something. Give it a rest, the sneakers have been out a month. It's old. And yall aren't even funny.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

whats goin on in chea
eek.gif
laugh.gif

dudes need to chill out lol

came in here thinking some new info was out or to read someone story about how they got a deal or got scammed

yet all this bickering smh

can we get back to the shoes?

Originally Posted by ColdCity

whats goin on in chea
eek.gif
laugh.gif
SOME PEOPLE STILL MAD/SALTY OVER NOT GETTING YEEZY'S EVEN THOUGH THE RELEASE DATE WAS A MONTH AGO. STARTING ARGUMENTS OVER THINGS THAT REALLY DON'T EVEN MATTER. THIS WAS JUST THE KIND OF RELEASE THIS WAS AND WAS TO BE EXPECTED.

GONNA BURN WITHIN SOME FOLKS FOR A LONG TIME.....  

Originally Posted by saysar91

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

DON'T SEE WHAT THEY BIG DEAL IS ABOUT PAYING THE RESELLER PRICE WHEN NIKE THEMSELVES ARE RESELLERS.

YEEZY'S PROBABLY COST THEM LESS THAN $20 TO MAKE BUT THEY MSRP AT $245. NOBODY COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT MARKUP. GUESS IT'S WITHIN THEIR BUDGET.

PEOPLE ONLY COMPLAIN WHEN IT'S OUTSIDE OF THEIR BUDGET....

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BaldGrill

If I walk into a shop and see a shirt I like, I'm paying whatever the tag says because that's how retail works. If the shop is popular and the shirt is limited and sells out, I won't pay the high resale price because I'm not into T-shirts like that. This isn't T-shirtTalk.com. If you head over there, your analogy might sound like an every day deal to them. I'm over stressing out over sneakers. I enjoy them, but I'll leave that stress to the rest of yall. So obviously with that mindset, I financially prepared for this release at the retail and resale level. When it's a competition at both to obtain them, people are going to do outlandish things to get their pair if they want em enough. Some rob, some scam, and some of us are paying the price for peace of mind.

You high sodium having folks need to go harass the kids in the Jordan forum or something. Give it a rest, the sneakers have been out a month. It's old. And yall aren't even funny.
One of the few logical posts in this thread....
As for that Billy Madison clip,
roll.gif
. Although I agree with the last portion of his post, the rest deserves that video. Nike is a business. Not a charity. I still don't see how people expect any form of product to be sold close to or at cost. Unless you're a wholesale distributor, everyone is a 'reseller'. Even then, distributors are also resellers as they still have some form of profit margin. You'll always be working under someone and/or never successfully have a competitive business with that mindset...

I missed out. Tried numerous raffles, connects, Nike.com, and numerous other shoe sites that sold for retail even European. I still want these, love the design and everything about it. If there is none left for retail and I have to pay the going rate right now for a pair so be it, why do any others care so much if a person is willing to drop a stack+ for these? Smh worry about yourselves.

Originally Posted by hozer

to the dude rocking fakes, and openly admitting it...

why not spend similar money on an authentic shoe you like and you know it's not some knock off?

spending any money on a shoe, or anything, that you know is a knock off and wearing it is just playing yourself... even if nobody else ever notices it...

if the market value is above what you can afford or want to spend... TOUGH $%#@!!!

don't complain, don't buy fake stuff, skip it and move onto the next one... that simple.

rocking fakes is playing yourself, and deep down inside you know it's the truth.
indifferent.gif

that's why i can't rock fakes... even if i can pull the wool over everyone else's eyes... I know it's some BS... and that's all that actually matters...

come up with any and every argument you want to, doesn't matter...

I have a collection of 60-70 shoes I love all purchased at retail.  I support the game as much as I can, but I draw the line at %1000 markups.  The only difference between my $62 pair and the $1500 pairs is one is 'real'... to me that is not worth an extra $1440.  I honestly don't mind rocking fakes and have people ask me all the time, to which I have 0 issue saying they are fake... It's not about impressing others for me (or for most of us I'd gather).  To me shoes are art and I would have gladly paid Nike $350 to even $500 for these kicks and the art within them, but nothing makes them worth a dime more than that besides hypebeasts looking to make a buck and I don't support that.  Don't get me wrong, if there was $1500 of quality in this shoe I'd be considering it... but there isn't to me. 

No complaints, seriously.  They are shoes and my life goes on and I am truly jealous/happy for those who got theirs.  Props if you can pull the trigger on $1500 nikes.

And just as a side note, my inbox is blowing up with requests on where to buy these so here is the info:
shoeking23.net, they got to my place in Canada in 3 business days.
Thats all that needed to be seen, you might as well stop buying sneakers and find a different hobby. You clearly don't have a passion for this if you are ok with wearing fakes.

With this messed up economy if a dude wants to rock some fakes he or she has every right to.... I'm not gonna hate.... I could not do it tho my feet need quality.

Deciding on whether or not I was gonna pull the trigger on these, was a great inner struggle for me. The most I've ever spent until this year on sneakers was $160. After the various Galaxy sneakers, the amount moved up to $300 or some odd dollars. Then the Miami Vice's came out, and I spent a total of $500 (money that was originally put aside for the Yeezy 2's).

But I, like most people, was not able to acquire these sneakers at ay retail spots. Not a single store had these in the State of Alabama, and I was not camping out of state for anything short of a million dollars. So my only option left is the aftermarket, with the huge markup from resellers. Wish it wasn't like that, but it is what it is. Can't change it, and I won't allow another month to go by without getting these in my possesion. Both colorways, hopefully.

You do what you have to do for what you desire, within my personal lmits and reasoning.

I like to compare the Air Yeezy sneakers (and other high dollar aftermarket sneakers) to the lxury watch industry. They don't necessarily tell time better than a cheap watch from Wal-Mart, but their origin and history, creators involved, and sometimes quality is superior to most other watches, and those factors help drive desirablity through the roof, and therefore directly effects the price/value in the aftermarket. Top that off with the limited numbers, and you have a ballooned price from day 1.

And that won't keep me from getting what I want.

geez what happened to this thread.....

anyways to actually contribute: my sz 14 solars are in ISC NY JFK....I guess waiting to clear customs there on its way to clear customs at where I stay...

and to folks that want to or think's it's ok to rock Feezys....go right on ahead....more power to u...it's your money....but i do have a problem with folks that will buy fake Yeezys and claim to their non sneaker friends as authentic....slap yourself if u do that...because if you rock fakes then tell people that u do....don't hide from that...

Originally Posted by sickickz23

anyways to actually contribute: my sz 14 solars are in ISC NY JFK....I guess waiting to clear customs there on its way to clear customs at where I stay...

and to folks that want to or think's it's ok to rock Feezys....go right on ahead....more power to u...it's your money....but i do have a problem with folks that will buy fake Yeezys and claim to their non sneaker friends as authentic....slap yourself if u do that...because if you rock fakes then tell people that u do....don't hide from that...

That's like the number 1 offense. Knowingly rocking fakes and passing them off as real, especially when you are looking to profit from it. smh

Can anyone post all the precautions you take when purchasing a shoe like this, like on eBay or NT?

- See detailed pictures, tagged
- Paypal, confirmed addresses
- Ship with tracking
- Detailed paypal invoice - other than a firm description of the shoe, what else? Link to ebay listing or NT page? i.e. "100% authentic, never worn pair of Nike Yeezy 2 NRG, new in box."
- Film yourself opening the package

I don't know if I'll ever bite, but it might be helpful for those who are on the hunt. If someone is willing to spend $1300, then they need to take the precautions.

Why ya'll on dudes nuts about his fakes though?
laugh.gif

Dude got the shoes because HE wanted them. #%!$ your opinions and what YOU would do.
If he really cared about how you would feel about his purchase he would have asked for your point of views on the matter before hand.

Do I support fakes? No I don't. But am I going to try to force my personal opinions on another man about the shoes he wears? #%!$ no
laugh.gif

As long as this thread doesn't become flooded with variants being posted up, then there ain't !+** wrong with dude buying his kicks and sharing what the variants look like in comparison to the authentics. 

Seeing some auctions for Plats end in the $1200-1300 range.

Not too bad, I guess.

Something else: my brother (Julian Burford) illustrated this Yeezy 2 wallpaper. Thought I would share it with you.
Yeezy_B.png

Black/Solar Red version coming too in a bit

a size 14 in the feezys? thats risky.... 

Originally Posted by penalize

a size 14 in the feezys? thats risky.... 

Don't jinx it lol...but nah I saw the sellers tagged pics....100% legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom