Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeezy 2 hype will all previous hype I guarantee it. The main reason is that these are so limited all the hype will be at centralized spots as opposed to spread out. Anybody know if these are gonna be on NDC?? Were the Yeezy 1's??

Nothing after the concords will ever be the same. Sneaker collecting has now entered the mainstream media. Therefore attracting resellers out the woodwork. The percentage of resellers in line for shoes will not be less than 50 percent for a long time. The yeezy mania is one fueled by being "limited" and greed. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

True you don't need as many but then that means the hype can't be as big. The Yeezy one's were hyped but it's plenty of people that still don't even know what the yeezy 1s are. I've yet to see anyone wear them and they don't appeal to everyone. These twos will have plenty hype it will be crazy but since they will be produced in numbers no where gr's you won't have the thousands and thousands of people lined up at retailers around the country but only because not that many places will have them. The hype of running around town from mall to mall won't be there because people know a lot of stores just won't have them.

it's a different kind of hype... the concords did have bigger mass appeal, but they didn't see anywhere near as long of a camp out as these, nor will they see a resell value like these... it's just different. you can't really compare a hyped GR with a hyped limited release, they each generate a different hype (concords saw huge mobs of people, but yeezys have longer camp outs, higher resell values, etc.)...

and the reason you've yet to see anyone wear them is there's only 3k per colorway, that's pretty freaking rare, which means yeezy sightings don't happen very often, especially if you don't live in a major city... meanwhile, every time i go to the mall, someone is wearing concords... even lil' chickenheads...

Yeah I live in San Francisco and work in sf so I'd say it's a major city but I get what you mean but of course the price for these will be more they are a lot more limited but you can't justify the camping for these a month early. Those people are just idiots not trying to offend people but that's just dumb. Good luck to all trying for these though. One release that I have 0 interest in. Don't justify the price and they just don't appeal to me. I'm sure I like plenty shoes that wouldn't interest some of you though. Will be interesting to see this release unfold. This release should shed some light on the Bred 11 this Christmas.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

These will cause hype in only certain circles. These can't get to concord hype because they won't appeal to the masses. Not everyone is a yeezy fan and not everyone is going to want a black and pink/red shoe. Just because these few fools camp doesn't mean a line of literally 2,000 people deep will be wrapped around like the Concords. Concords meant something to casual shoe fans collectors and Jordan fans. They were an original dmp shoe. Mj's first ring coming back. The yeezy just can't touch that. Of course the yeezy will be hyped as hell but it will drop and people won't even know it dropped. My gramma whose 87 years old was asking me about the Concords.

Yah but the concords are general release, whereas idk about this Yeezy but the first where Hyperstrike/Tier Zero. At least I'm assuming, as most quickstrike still have more pairs produced than the yeezys from my experience. I have only seen one person in real life with a pair of yeezy (randomly around campus).
The Yeezys don't need nearly as big a fanbase

Originally Posted by sentinel se7en

Nothing after the concords will ever be the same. Sneaker collecting has now entered the mainstream media. Therefore attracting resellers out the woodwork. The percentage of resellers in line for shoes will not be less than 50 percent for a long time. The yeezy mania is one fueled by being "limited" and greed. Plain and simple.

TBH i think people lined up this early for the yeezys wanna keep them. We are not talking about a week here. We are talking over a month. Even if resell prices reach $2000 they are making what? $1.50 an hour?
Now at least camping two weeks (i think it was) for the Galaxies, at least the initial resell value was close to (im not doing the math sorry guys too lazy) minimum wage.

Also other topics touched on ITT

Did they really have to release the Bred XIs again? !@!!, the only color high top XIs I don't like. Easy pass! imo they should've made a new colorway if they arent going to drop the Columbias
I was looking forward to rocking the columbias with the all star swingman jersey and bring '96 back!
Also I wish they would announce the third colorway already. I want one pair to rock on the reg(im not really feeling the wolf grays) and one pair to rock every not so often (black)

A simple solution to all this madness would be for every spot to do a raffle that way everyone has an equal chance whether you can camp out for 6 months or 6 days. I think when it comes closer to the release date most spots will end up raffling off their pairs because a fight might just break out or something is going to happen.

you know how you curb these campers you make them wait for however many days/weeks/months and the day before the shoe release announce theres a raffle and keep doing it for every shoe release until these idiots learn.

What's this I'm hearing about photos/footage of people camping out in Ohio already?

Kingofny, thanks for keeping us up with info. Just out of curiousity is it due to Sneaker Watch that you get all this info?

NT just a suggesion, what if we were to get our inner goon on and egg, shott campers with paintball guns to leave campouts for 2 days at the longest?

if I'm out in long island would I have to go to the city for these or does anyone know if these will release at a store on the island?

Originally Posted by kevi

if I'm out in long island would I have to go to the city for these or does anyone know if these will release at a store on the island?
I don't know of any store here on li that had them the 1st time they released. Stores that might and i mean MIGHT get them may be dunk sports in Suffolk, and maybe the nike store in Nassau. If these places aint getting them i highly doubt any other place in li is. 

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

I can't believe this is what L.A. has come to...Inglewood at that!
I should put a call into some Families and have them evict all them campers
laugh.gif

Sad part is they will camp for a month, buy the shoes and get jacked once they walk out. 

And the idiot camera showing off his car...opening himself up for some what? e-fame?

Your life must really suck if you spend nights out in the cold and rain to spend $250 for a pair of shoes. SHOES!

Before the Tiffanys, all you had to do was go the day of...now you gotta people lining up for Cortez!
THIS

Originally Posted by ccastro02

I don't know of any store here on li that had them the 1st time they released. Stores that might and i mean get them may be dunk sports in Suffolk, and maybe the nike store in Nassau. If they places aint getting them i highly doubt any other place in li is. 

Sneaker Bistro had one of the 1st colorways. Chances are they wont get these though
ohwell.gif

it's crazy to me that these shots i got almost 5 months ago are still about the clearest pix we've seen of this colorway:

6305490504_f15c34a7b2_b.jpg

6305490676_b6609d9f1b_b.jpg

6304967257_624f64c274_b.jpg

6305492364_ae2c1627ee_b.jpg

6304967429_39700052d1_b.jpg

6304964103_cf04f13c8f_b.jpg

6304964513_410b065e01_b.jpg

6305492616_ccf973aaba_b.jpg

6304965677_850e09c69c_b.jpg

6305491008_6e86bbfc3b_b.jpg

nike and kanye have certainly kept a nice tight lid on these... ya gotta give it to 'em...

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

goons use eggs and paintball guns? really?
no, but I'm not about that authentic goon life. and if people are getting egged you better believe they wont be camping.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

BigBrandon wrote:
True you don't need as many but then that means the hype can't be as big. The Yeezy one's were hyped but it's plenty of people that still don't even know what the yeezy 1s are. I've yet to see anyone wear them and they don't appeal to everyone. These twos will have plenty hype it will be crazy but since they will be produced in numbers no where gr's you won't have the thousands and thousands of people lined up at retailers around the country but only because not that many places will have them. The hype of running around town from mall to mall won't be there because people know a lot of stores just won't have them.

it's a different kind of hype... the concords did have bigger mass appeal, but they didn't see anywhere near as long of a camp out as these, nor will they see a resell value like these... it's just different. you can't really compare a hyped GR with a hyped limited release, they each generate a different hype (concords saw huge mobs of people, but yeezys have longer camp outs, higher resell values, etc.)...

and the reason you've yet to see anyone wear them is there's only 3k per colorway, that's pretty freaking rare, which means yeezy sightings don't happen very often, especially if you don't live in a major city... meanwhile, every time i go to the mall, someone is wearing concords... even lil' chickenheads...

NT is the hype machine. And we feed on it constantly.

I was in HOH South Coast Plaza last year with a buddy. He was wearing Space Jams and I was wearing my Zens. Every one in there was telling him nice SJ's. But not one of them said anything to me. Every once in a while someone in the know will say something. This hype we see is fabricated due to greed. Y1's set us up for failure.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

I don't know of any store here on li that had them the 1st time they released. Stores that might and i mean MIGHT get them may be dunk sports in Suffolk, and maybe the nike store in Nassau. If these places aint getting them i highly doubt any other place in li is. 
I know of one spot on Long Island that got them and it was only the Zen Grey pair. I don't think Dunk Sports will get them. HOH in Nassau MIGHT get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom