Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DWalk31

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by DWalk31

Dude... by your logic, Nike is stupid to sell them at the price they do to shops...you do realize the shops arent paying $245 for them. And the Ferrari comparison makes 0 sense. If the MSRP for a new ferrari is 200k would you pay 10x the MSRP at a local dealer (that's 2 mill..no you'd probably negotiate for LESS than MSRP). The stuff being said in this thread is really absurd. By your logic resellers and shops could make the price whatever since they are an "instant sellout" why not 5-10k why stop at 3. You guys must realize they can only charge what the consumer is willing to pay. Sadly from the looks of this thread ppl are happy to pay whatever lol. 1600 "good deal" 
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Nike IS stupid for not charging more...! why do you think all your jordan prices are going up? you think over 6 years jordans have become $40 more expensive to produce? nope, nike wants a bigger slice of the pie.  And to answer your question of "do I realize if shops arent paying $245 for these"? well since I have worked in the sneaker industry for a long time now I am going to hip you to something.  The stores "cost" of a nike shoe that retails for $245, would be around $132.50 since its a nike shoe.  But did you know the stores that get them are the stores that take all the extra BS from nike? the same store that ordered 10K in horrible almost unsellable AM90/AM95/AM1 colorways gets the equivalent to a little gold star on their account, the rep remembers when a store buys $50k in horrible air jordan fusions (that they will ultimately sell at a discount), thats why some stores get preferential treatment.  So whats wrong with the store realizing maximum profit from a desirable product?
and if the market allows for $5k or $10k then thats the price......and do me a favor and try and get a Ferrari for under MSRP, people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to be first on the list to buy a highly sought after Ferrari.  
Not that I like going back and forth, but Im bored... The store's cost of the shoe is maybe around 132...nike's cost is maybe 30 or less...You believe that the stores are ok to sell for 1500? and then resellers for more?
indifferent.gif
 When you say "if the market allows"... you do realize that means if us as consumers are willing to pay the outrageous prices which again means that the buyers have the power. In fact the stores taking a L on shoes all year shows that the buyers have the overall say. I've been collecting for a while, before all of this hype surrounded every semi interesting release. Stores did not sink, they found ways to be profitable without charging 6x retail. Clearly the shops and ppl like KRISPACINLA have you exactly where they want to. Not only are you ok with it, but you feel for them
laugh.gif
. But to each his own...BTW you can get a ferrari for under MSRP all day every day...ppl definitely arent paying 6x MSRP before they release, but again whatever. To each is own, hope you get em!!! 

Real talk......

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by ezratk

Originally Posted by jecca650

Air randys pocket factory in his backyard.
laugh.gif

Nope those are legit straight from nike i know because i used to work at niketown and every shipment came in those boxes with the white paper attached saying the sizes in the box.
nerd.gif
I guess dude is right. Sent the pics to two friends of mine which are Niketown employees and they say those are FOR SURE Nike boxes. They are thinking an overnight shipment on Friday evening.

For every $50 you spend at the ATTIC you get one raffle ticket for those that didn't know.

went to 42nd st times square ftl saw about 8 ghost chairs and 3 people sitting there camped....spoke with employees and told they weren't getting them...dudes outside said they checked with corporate and they know for sure...idk man it seems like nike is def keeping these to themselves to sell...i hope they pop up on ndc randomly

Originally Posted by dharv

Nope those are legit straight from nike i know because i used to work at niketown and every shipment came in those boxes with the white paper attached saying the sizes in the box.
nerd.gif
I guess dude is right. Sent the pics to two friends of mine which are Niketown employees and they say those are FOR SURE Nike boxes. They are thinking an overnight shipment on Friday evening.

so Nike might have something up their sleeves for Niketowns. 
BUT Nike might be sending the exact same "boxes with the white paper attached saying the sizes in the box" to mom&pop boutiques, which would mean that pic is not from a Niketown and would mean Nike doesnt have anything up their sleeves.

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

For every $50 you spend at the ATTIC you get one raffle ticket for those that didn't know.

You got this from their twitter?

nerd.gif
Here is a box that came from nike to okc nike store for the nike free advantage running shoes.  This is a good sign for a good amount of pairs sent.
smile.gif

2dr9l41.jpg

21m51yb.jpg

Ok ok ok.... so what if the amount Yeezys is higher than expected and the boutiques are doing these raffles to make some extra $$$ before springing a surprise of like 60 pair a store on us?

6 of each size?? sounds pretty good..
edit: nvm, see now the pics aren't of yeezy boxes but still, looks somewhat promising 

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

Ok ok ok.... so what if the amount Yeezys is higher than expected and the boutiques are doing these raffles to make some extra $$$ before springing a surprise of like 60 pair a store on us?

i dont think nike would write this on their site then:
On Wednesday, May 30th, Nikeinc.com announced the release of the Air Yeezy II, scheduled to launch on Saturday, June 9th. This product will be at select global retailers in extremely limited numbers. These retailers have not been announced and our customer service representatives have no further information at this time.

a good rule of thumb is that if a large mall type retailer (Niketown, HOH, etc...) gets 50-60 pair...local boutique type places will only get 12-16 pair.....but its really up to the local reps to decide on allocation.

They better keep these shops in the dark before some one pulls an Ocean's 11 and gets a major come up. Taking smash and grab to a whole other level.

Attic posted on twitter:

Surprisingly, Nike sent us a good amount. RT @del_deloOoh: @attic2zoo is fair question to ask how many pairs are going to be raffled?

nerd.gif
Here is a box that came from nike to okc nike store for the nike free advantage running shoes.  This is a good sign for a good amount of pairs sent.
smile.gif

2dr9l41.jpg

21m51yb.jpg
They sent them to the outlet mall??!!

Originally Posted by eroze

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

i dont think nike would write this on their site then:
On Wednesday, May 30th, Nikeinc.com announced the release of the Air Yeezy II, scheduled to launch on Saturday, June 9th. This product will be at select global retailers in extremely limited numbers. These retailers have not been announced and our customer service representatives have no further information at this time.
"Extremely limited numbers" is subject to interpretation. Anything significantly less than GR could be considered "extremely limited" especially if not available in all states. On a global scale, 10,000 could be "extremely limited".

Originally Posted by yanky

smile.gif

2dr9l41.jpg

21m51yb.jpg
They sent them to the outlet mall??!!

that box isnt the yeezys i was just showing you a box from other shipments these were nike free advantage running shoes.

I have a legit question here. When was the last time Nike released a sneaker without allowing Niketown or NikeStore to have inventory of that particular sneaker? Is it possible that this might happen for the Yeezys? Nah. This can't be life.

it's safe to say HOH/FTL/FTA will not be getting these... NDC release then? i can only hope
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom