Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so no one is waiting early in the am.

3 PM SneakerNews is dropping my Kobe feature.

7 - 8 PM I will be dropping the red yeezy detailed pictures on my social media accounts and here as well.

I showed a few of my trusted NT members the picture last night.

They are amazing...no geno.

Sami you got me feelin some type of way! Can't wait! :nerd:

Anyone else happy that Nike didn't use the leather scales for these? All red scales wouldn't be very appealing to me. I'm glad they ended it with the Solaris and Plats. Plus, I'd like to think this new side mesh will hold up a lot better over time and wears than the scales.

Side note: anyone know if the all purple Kobe 1 of 1 Yeezy II's have scales?

Just so no one is waiting early in the am.

3 PM SneakerNews is dropping my Kobe feature.

7 - 8 PM I will be dropping the red yeezy detailed pictures on my social media accounts and here as well.

I showed a few of my trusted NT members the picture last night.

They are amazing...no geno.

Awesome. Can't wait, good sir.

Anyone else happy that Nike didn't use the leather scales for these? All red scales wouldn't be very appealing to me. I'm glad they ended it with the Solaris and Plats. Plus, I'd like to think this new side mesh will hold up a lot better over time and wears than the scales.

Side note: anyone know if the all purple Kobe 1 of 1 Yeezy II's have scales?

They sure do.

View media item 652647View media item 652648

Last edited:
they did have scales, and i don't think they were 1 of 1... a pair was offered to me last year for a ridiculous price (i like them, minus the red laces, i think i know who bought 'em, he's posted them on his IG recently, but i suppose they could be a custom):

He told me they aren't. :wink: Same for that other pair he has.

nike will be fine without him, obviously, i'm not saying they won't... but they're screwing up a bit by not locking kanye down. i mean, this dude wears hyperfuse AM 90's that were sitting, and all the sudden they sell out instantly and are being resold now for 4 times retail... he wears the white flyknit trainers and they flew and can't be found for retail anymore (while the other colors he didn't wear can easily be found for retail or below)...

his influence is undeniable, and helps nike move product that would normally not sell so fast...

ANY product he does for nike will sell out instantly, especially if it's limited at all.

and they got enough leverage with money and lawyers, and the fact that kanye worships nike, to tame him a bit, keep his ego under control a bit, at least enough to not ever tarnish their own name for working with him, or ever lose any money.

there is only money to be made... and instead, they're gonna let him go to the competition and make them money instead...

next thing you know this dude will be wearing random adidas and helping them fly off the shelves...

i've always bought adidas, got many pairs, so i welcome his product with them, as long as it looks dope to me, i'll buy it... if i don't like it (like most of his APC collection), i'll easily pass...

makes no difference to me, i'm not loyal to nike, but i just think they're missing a great opportunity here, and i don't blame him for looking elsewhere. he just wants the chance to create and produce lots of different kinds of product, not just tee-shirts and a pair of nikes once every 3 years. it's pretty obvious from his recent interviews.

Last edited:
Mache's are beautiful, but I can tell the difference. Mainly, the scales painted are very shiny, while the originals are dull/faded in texture like the rest of the clan.
No secret. He also has this pair.
View media item 652668

as far as i know this is the only pic he's ever posted of these, and originally it was on ISS last year without his tag, so i'm not even sure it's his pic, and i think it's a pair of solars with the solar red bits photoshopped grey.

could be wrong, but it's my opinion.

the recent shots he posted of the cheetah Y2's (and later deleted) looked like the real deal tho, not the mache customs...

Last edited:
he wears the white flyknit trainers and they flew and can't be found for retail anymore (while the other colors he didn't wear can easily be found for retail or below)

NDC sold out of their first stock (along with every restock they put up)in the initial launch during the Olympics months before Kanye put them on.

Its the volt, blue, red, and black from the "first batch" that you can't find for retail.

Also the white flyknits were on sale on NDC $119 I believe as recently as 2-3 months ago (I remember cause I bought a pair)

Last edited:
as far as i know this is the only pic he's ever posted of these, and originally it was on ISS last year without his tag, so i'm not even sure it's his pic, and i think it's a pair of solars with the solar red bits photoshopped grey.

could be wrong, but it's my opinion.

the recent shots he posted of the cheetah Y2's (and later deleted) looked like the real deal tho, not the mache customs...

Yea, it's a possibility they are indeed PS (not hard to do in the least bit, 50 seconds flat for me to do the same thing). But I've seen other pictures from him that look more convincing. I'll see if I have them saved.

"Shadow Yeezy's". Love that name.

Last edited:
NDC sold out of their first stock (along with every restock they put up)/in the initial launch during the Olympics months before Kanye put them on.

Also its the volt, blue, red, and black along with the white color from the "first batch" that you can't find for retail.

yeah, i don't know much about those, i just remember the frenzy on the FB marketplaces after he wore them...

i know those hyperfuse 90's sold out cuz of him... i was looking at them, FSR, thinking of buying the red pair (but i actually want the solar pair without the flag that released in europe way b4 those), and then the next day after pix came out of him wearing them, they sold out in every size everywhere.

I heard from a VERY GREAT SOURCE that Nike hasn't made any real money DIRECTLY from selling Yeezys. If you know about the business behind retail you can probably do the math and prove this to be true.

But as Proto said, they're missing on the bigger opportunity to have him make them money on other product by letting him walk to adidas. And we all know the three-stripes will be quick to give Ye the keys to the castle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom