* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

what do you guys think of the overall quality, craftsmanship, leather/materials etc.? i think these are just aight. was expecting to get blown away because of the QS branding. i think the vachettas are better in all categories honestly.

what do you guys think of the overall quality, craftsmanship, leather/materials etc.? i think these are just aight. was expecting to get blown away because of the QS branding. i think the vachettas are better in all categories honestly.
I think the quality is on par with the originals from what I remember. I will say the shoe looks a lot better in hand... pic on line make the shoe seem bulky but in hand the silhouette is a lot sleeker. One thing I would like to know is if the leather was better on the OG's... I know Nike was using stiffer leather around those times. I honestly think they were using that leather to combat creasing. I remember that being a big complaint among sneaker heads back then, we were all trying to keep our toe boxes wrinkle free

I think the quality is on par with the originals from what I remember. I will say the shoe looks a lot better in hand... pic on line make the shoe seem bulky but in hand the silhouette is a lot sleeker. One thing I would like to know is if the leather was better on the OG's... I know Nike was using stiffer leather around those times. I honestly think they were using that leather to combat creasing. I remember that being a big complaint among sneaker heads back then, we were all trying to keep our toe boxes wrinkle free

I have 2 pairs of OGs in excellent shape so I can attest that the uppers were full grain leather that would crease normally as opposed to folding when you run cheap, hard plastic 'leather'. You are indeed right that Nike started putting that garbage material on their retro and entry level kicks circa '03-'04 though. I'll try to see if any of the local spots have some pairs of these retros laying around and I'll comment on the materials.

I have 2 pairs of OGs in excellent shape so I can attest that the uppers were full grain leather that would crease normally as opposed to folding when you run cheap, hard plastic 'leather'. You are indeed right that Nike started putting that garbage material on their retro and entry level kicks circa '03-'04 though. I'll try to see if any of the local spots have some pairs of these retros laying around and I'll comment on the materials.
Yea the leather on the retros I believe is very close to the originals... if I had to guess... just around that time I remember lots of Nikes switching over to the stiff leather... and looking forward to your comparison bro can't wait

paypal always has different conversions. did it come out to 234 for u guys?

For some reason the site is refusing my card. Wtf

Edit: Spoke too soon, had to authorize the transaction lol. Bless up for that link!

only gripe is that the back part is metallic red instead of full chrome

Crazy how prices differ between the real first games vs the white/red. You would think the ones he wore in his debut vs the kings would have more significance.

162448f833578b24599b8f12ea40fac9.jpg

Crazy how prices differ between the real first games vs the white/red. You would think the ones he wore in his debut vs the kings would have more significance.

162448f833578b24599b8f12ea40fac9.jpg

I understand it looks that now, but folks at Nike made sure it's the other way around in the beginning.

The first time they called the White and Black colorway as "First Game" was in 2017!

Back
Top Bottom