* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

Traction is not that great based on some reviews I dug up. Other than that they're serviceable, but I would much rather wear a newer shoe personally.

Why not play in them personally? Have ball courts physically changed in the last 10+ years that cats need clear sole in order to avoid sliding? There were good ball shoes when they dropped and I've some NBA athletes play regular minutes with these on.

Why not play in them personally? Have ball courts physically changed in the last 10+ years that cats need clear sole in order to avoid sliding? There were good ball shoes when they dropped and I've some NBA athletes play regular minutes with these on.

NBA courts are also in immaculate shape compared to the courts that 99.9% of people play on everyday. I never said they were terrible, just that there were concerns about traction when they were reviewed. They're also a bit heavy for a shoe that is essentially a low top. I would just rather play in a lighter shoe with better traction since I don't have the luxury of playing on NBA courts. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

It's also very possible that any model that NBA players wore recently had enhancements that will not be included in the shoes released to the general public. Titleist makes Pro V1 golf ball models that are only made available to PGA Tour players and can't be purchased in stores. So why is it so hard to believe the same thing might be true in other sports?

Last edited:
NBA courts are also in immaculate shape compared to the courts that 99.9% of people play on everyday. I never said they were terrible, just that there were concerns about traction when they were reviewed. They're also a bit heavy for a shoe that is essentially a low top. I would just rather play in a lighter shoe with better traction since I don't have the luxury of playing on NBA courts. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

It's also very possible that any model that NBA players wore recently had enhancements that will not be included in the shoes released to the general public. Titleist makes Pro V1 golf ball models that are only made available to PGA Tour players and can't be purchased in stores. So why is it so hard to believe the same thing might be true in other sports?

yup, racket sports is the same where a player likes a certain racket but has to "advertise" another, so they just paint it over during production...or they made the rackets in the specs that the pro player prefer rather than what's readily available in the market.

Screenshot_20180511-214909.png
20180511_215006.png

yup, racket sports is the same where a player likes a certain racket but has to "advertise" another, so they just paint it over during production...or they made the rackets in the specs that the pro player prefer rather than what's readily available in the market.

made a post similar to these in another thread. I can only speak for footballers(soccer players), but the cleats they wear aren't exactly what the average person can buy at the store.

made a post similar to these in another thread. I can only speak for footballers(soccer players), but the cleats they wear aren't exactly what the average person can buy at the store.

This is true for at least some bball players as well. Someone on another thread got Kyrie's game worn shoes and they found more air pods than the retail version.

This is true for at least some bball players as well. Someone on another thread got Kyrie's game worn shoes and they found more air pods than the retail version.
I'm curious now, can you please link the post or thread?

I agree, they wylin' with that $175 price tag
I agree it's not ideal, but if you adjust the original $110 price for inflation it comes out to around $150. So it's not a massive markup once you take that into account.

Last edited:
If the Vachetta Tans have the patina effect, would like a pair of either those, the Wheats, or Black/Red.

I just wanna scoop one pair of these at retail. Haven't been able to get any of the other AZG retros without paying $100+ over the box price smh.

Pricing and comments about inflation occur on this site frequently. It's pretty indisputable that Nike prices various shoes based on what it believes it can fetch for them regardless of "tech," construction, inflation, etc. So yes, when people here often argue that prices are because of those things, it's not the full story. That said, as an older shoe enthusiast, I do always note how sneaker prices have really not changed much--at least not for "top of the line" models, for almost 30 years. I don't like paying $200 a pair whatsoever, and due to the decline in popularity of bball shoes the past few years, the market has generally rejected that price point as well. That said, the IVs were the first pair of Jordans I had, in 1989. I believe they were $110.00. In 2018 dollars, that's $222. Likewise, if I go back to my college days balling all the time circa 1996, I'd say most high-level Nikes were around $125, give or take. That's $200 today. So while I don't exactly thank Nike and others for their pricing, I suppose it could actually be a lot worse. Not defending these companies or slamming them, just pointing out a bit of reality. For whatever it's worth.

I’m guessing the SVSM pairs will drop at stores like undefeated, bait, etc like the latest/last release did (ASG wheats).

Snkrs as well. I will definitely try for one pair.

Pricing and comments about inflation occur on this site frequently. It's pretty indisputable that Nike prices various shoes based on what it believes it can fetch for them regardless of "tech," construction, inflation, etc. So yes, when people here often argue that prices are because of those things, it's not the full story. That said, as an older shoe enthusiast, I do always note how sneaker prices have really not changed much--at least not for "top of the line" models, for almost 30 years. I don't like paying $200 a pair whatsoever, and due to the decline in popularity of bball shoes the past few years, the market has generally rejected that price point as well. That said, the IVs were the first pair of Jordans I had, in 1989. I believe they were $110.00. In 2018 dollars, that's $222. Likewise, if I go back to my college days balling all the time circa 1996, I'd say most high-level Nikes were around $125, give or take. That's $200 today. So while I don't exactly thank Nike and others for their pricing, I suppose it could actually be a lot worse. Not defending these companies or slamming them, just pointing out a bit of reality. For whatever it's worth.

very good, sir! thank you!

very good, sir! thank you!

Just to add one thing in fairness: Often the problem with looking at any one thing through the lens of inflation is, any given thing doesn't exist in a vacuum. So while sneakers or, say, cars--when adjusted for inflation--are in-step with what they always cost over decades, it's not always correct to say they are just as affordable as ever. Reason being, EVERYTHING has seen price explosions, at varying rates. Housing is hugely more expensive than it was 20 or 30 years ago. Wages, generally, have not kept up to cover the added costs across people's lives. A good example is, a baby boomer going to college and working part-time in the late 1960s could get a part-time job and afford to buy an MG convertible sports car. My dad did just that. Granted, he still lived with my grandparents, but find my a college kid today flipping burgers part time who can afford to go out and buy a brand new Mazda Miata--and also still have money left in their pocket every month for other expenses. It can't be done.

Back
Top Bottom