* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

Those are so fire too, I’m hoping he just wears retros the first month of the season in Lakers CWs and then the 16s after just to make us all realize what could be...

We need a Lebron 2 retro

Speaking of retro, I wish they did something different on them to keep the OG’s unique - always envisioned the 1 would be a classic like the Jordan 1 (not to that level) but the retro basically crushed that

Welp, I finally bit the bullet and purchased the white/blacks via Stock X. This is a strange feeling, as I am not and have never been a LeBron fan. I've never owned one pair of LeBron shoes. But the white/black Generations have always been a sick shoe to me ever since the original release--which I skipped because I didn't like all the hype he came into the league with :rofl:
At this point, though, I don't really care about these being LeBron's shoe, I just think the design and color blocking in particular is bad ***. So I decided to say eff it and grab them, I'm looking forward to their arrival. The LeBron II should definitely be retroed as well, I likewise always thought that shoe (well, the black/red version, anyway) was amazing. To me, the Zoom Generations and the IIs are the only LeBrons worth a **** LOL

Been messing around with some ideas today
MaizeBron.jpg AZG-Tag.jpg AZG-1.jpg

Been messing around with some ideas today
MaizeBron.jpg AZG-Tag.jpg AZG-1.jpg

Nice. What would be especially dope: the same color-blocking as the OG white/blacks but with the black mesh changed to true Lakers gold (not this crap yellow color the recent uniforms are) and the red hits to real Forum Blue (Lakers purple). Would resemble D Fish’s old PE Uptempos with that same scheme.

Last edited:
Might need to break in the pair of Wheats I have, but the fit and comfort level leaves room to desire compared to a OG low top pair I had some time back.

Midsole seems a lot more firm.

Went ahead and grabbed a pair of SVSM for $210 on GOAT. Didnt wanna pay over retail but seems to be as close as i can get for a size 13. One of my fav pickups of the year though, cant wait to get them in hand.

Welp, I finally bit the bullet and purchased the white/blacks via Stock X. This is a strange feeling, as I am not and have never been a LeBron fan. I've never owned one pair of LeBron shoes. But the white/black Generations have always been a sick shoe to me ever since the original release--which I skipped because I didn't like all the hype he came into the league with :rofl:
At this point, though, I don't really care about these being LeBron's shoe, I just think the design and color blocking in particular is bad ***. So I decided to say eff it and grab them, I'm looking forward to their arrival. The LeBron II should definitely be retroed as well, I likewise always thought that shoe (well, the black/red version, anyway) was amazing. To me, the Zoom Generations and the IIs are the only LeBrons worth a **** LOL
You're sleeping on the 7's and 9's.

You're sleeping on the 7's and 9's.

The 9s don't do anything for me but you have a point about the 7s, at least some of them. I've said in the past: that shoe always reminds me of the original Uptempo silhouettes. LeBron or no LeBron, it looks like a shoe Nike could have come out with as a modern extension of that line. The POPs in particular, if they weren't a LeBron shoe (and preferably if they didn't have that lion head on the medial side) I would have grabbed those at the time. Of course, a big part of their appeal is the obvious Jordan XI vibe.
nike-lebron-7-ps-gr-pop-white-black-blue-2-05.jpg

The other LeBron shoe I always thought Nike should have released is the scrapped LeBron 6 Power Max. I would have liked to see them rework that carbon heel clip a bit, but even as it was, that shoe was pretty sick. I forget if there was ever an explanation given as to why that shoe was binned, but it was only about 1,000 times better than the actual 6 that released looking like some sort of AF1 monstrosity.

reviews_lebron_vi-8.jpg

Finally, if I'm being completely honest, the only other LeBron shoe I've always found appealing is the Soldier III. Which, of course, is also heavily influenced by the Jordan XI. The straps were always the one thing that threw off the shoe for me, though. I think it would look better with a conventional lacing system but honestly, if Nike retroed those, I'd probably grab a pair at this point.

nike-zoom-lebron-soldier-3-01.jpg

The 9s don't do anything for me but you have a point about the 7s, at least some of them. I've said in the past: that shoe always reminds me of the original Uptempo silhouettes. LeBron or no LeBron, it looks like a shoe Nike could have come out with as a modern extension of that line. The POPs in particular, if they weren't a LeBron shoe (and preferably if they didn't have that lion head on the medial side) I would have grabbed those at the time. Of course, a big part of their appeal is the obvious Jordan XI vibe.
nike-lebron-7-ps-gr-pop-white-black-blue-2-05-jpg.2148014

Absolutely loved my pair. :pimp:

Unfortunately they bite the dust a few years back.

Absolutely loved my pair. :pimp:

Unfortunately they bite the dust a few years back.

I'd be curious to see how a DS pair looks today, due to that early transparent flywire panel. My OG Lakers Hyperdunks have barely been worn but the similar panels on those have turned a bit yellowish/brownish just sitting in their box in the back of my dark closet LOL

The other LeBron shoe I always thought Nike should have released is the scrapped LeBron 6 Power Max. I would have liked to see them rework that carbon heel clip a bit, but even as it was, that shoe was pretty sick. I forget if there was ever an explanation given as to why that shoe was binned, but it was only about 1,000 times better than the actual 6 that released looking like some sort of AF1 monstrosity.

reviews_lebron_vi-8.jpg
They released a much crappier version of them in the Lebron Witness:
https://www.famousfootwear.com/en-U...KPID=1042225-73971-10.5D&partnerid=adwordspla

Back
Top Bottom