--> OFFICIAL NIKE FREE POWERLINE II THREAD <--

retail is $100 and it seems like it's been mainly boutiques that have been getting these so far
I haven't seen any of the big chain stores get them yet
who has them? I really want the dark obsidian ones, but i need a list of places with them.

who has them? I really want the dark obsidian ones, but i need a list of places with them.
Kith NYC has the teals and obsidians. I'm not sure about other retailers since I'm in the Tri-State area. Has anyone copped the obsidians yet? I don't know if I want to get them or wait for the diffused taupe's. Maybe I'll get both.

Patiently waiting for the obsidian ones too.  I've been waiting for NDC to get them so I can return them if need be.  I won't buy these from a boutique because it's you can't return them once you've put them on. 

Some boutiques do have them already.  Some guy above got them in Miami.  Just wait a few more weeks and they will get released wider.

Kith NYC has the teals and obsidians. I'm not sure about other retailers since I'm in the Tri-State area. Has anyone copped the obsidians yet? I don't know if I want to get them or wait for the diffused taupe's. Maybe I'll get both.
nah kith only has a sz 8 and 9

Patiently waiting for the obsidian ones too.  I've been waiting for NDC to get them so I can return them if need be.  I won't buy these from a boutique because it's you can't return them once you've put them on. 

Some boutiques do have them already.  Some guy above got them in Miami.  Just wait a few more weeks and they will get released wider.
know of any other boutiques? I know my size so I just want to buy them. They seem well worth it.

Sneakerhead.com has them.  FSR

edit. I just grabbed myself a pair of the Obsidians.  Coming here Tuesday.

Last edited:
Great shoe.  Ordered them yesterday, got them today.  Perks of being in LA I guess (sneakerhead is in LA area).

I can say that the best comparison I have is the FR2 Suede Pack. I would use the same sizing you use on FR2s (and LG4s, Roshes for me), however, these are a bit tighter/snugger.  Little more force to get the shoes on but i assume they will stretch a bit like the FR2s. 

I do not plan to run in these, but they feel more supportive than the FR2s. 

They definitely give off more of a Nike Sportswear vibe than Nike Running.

Overall these are more comfortable and supportive than the FR2s.  Quality materials. Nice, solid, and lock down fit.

For $100 this is a great shoe and worth every penny. 

I will definitely be picking up the Strata Grey when it comes out, but I'm getting the feeling that the Grey and Taupe cws will be more limited than the obsidian and teal given that the latter are already available at boutiques.  But I've been wrong before.

Good times.

Apologies for the iPhone pics.  The sole is definitely more tan than comes off here.  Or as my girl puts it: it looks like a dinosaur egg.  If you would like more pics, let me know.

Great shoe.  Ordered them yesterday, got them today.  Perks of being in LA I guess (sneakerhead is in LA area).

I can say that the best comparison I have is the FR2 Suede Pack. I would use the same sizing you use on FR2s (and LG4s, Roshes for me), however, these are a bit tighter/snugger.  Little more force to get the shoes on but i assume they will stretch a bit like the FR2s. 

I do not plan to run in these, but they feel more supportive than the FR2s. 

They definitely give off more of a Nike Sportswear vibe than Nike Running.

Overall these are more comfortable and supportive than the FR2s.  Quality materials. Nice, solid, and lock down fit.

For $100 this is a great shoe and worth every penny. 

I will definitely be picking up the Strata Grey when it comes out, but I'm getting the feeling that the Grey and Taupe cws will be more limited than the obsidian and teal given that the latter are already available at boutiques.  But I've been wrong before.

Good times.

Apologies for the iPhone pics.  The sole is definitely more tan than comes off here.  Or as my girl puts it: it looks like a dinosaur egg.  If you would like more pics, let me know.
sneakerhead is an actual store?

Thanks for the pictures and thoughts on the sneakers. Hopefully Nike releases these somewhere in a 12.5, because that's what I wear in FR2s.

I'm amending my size review.

Get a 1/2 size up. I got my same FR2 size and it was too tight.

I'm amending my size review.

Get a 1/2 size up. I got my same FR2 size and it was too tight.
Thanks for the all the info. Are they more comfortable that the original Powerlines? For some reason, the originals didn't feel that great when I tried them.

sneakerhead is an actual store?
No.  It is solely an online retailer.
Thanks for the all the info. Are they more comfortable that the original Powerlines? For some reason, the originals didn't feel that great when I tried them.
I never had the originals so i cannot say for sure.  A good friend of mine had them and always had problems with his big toe hitting the area where the first "powerline" comes into the sole. so that could lend credence to thir lack of comfort.

From what I can tell, that shouldn't be a problem with this shoe.  I'd just go a 1/2 size up to be sure.  All in all, very comfortable shoe.

Last edited:
No.  It is solely an online retailer.

I never had the originals so i cannot say for sure.  A good friend of mine had them and always had problems with his big toe hitting the area where the first "powerline" comes into the sole. so that could lend credence to thir lack of comfort.

From what I can tell, that shouldn't be a problem with this shoe.  I'd just go a 1/2 size up to be sure.  All in all, very comfortable shoe.
Thanks for the reply. One last question before I pull the trigger. How would you rate these in terms of comfort compared to Roshes and FR3s? Roshes are the most comfortable shoes I own, followed by the FR3s, Flyknit Lunars, then the FR2s.

Thanks for the reply. One last question before I pull the trigger. How would you rate these in terms of comfort compared to Roshes and FR3s? Roshes are the most comfortable shoes I own, followed by the FR3s, Flyknit Lunars, then the FR2s.
Considering mine are a shade too small, I can't say for sure that their comfort is any greater or worse than those mentioned above. I have the FR2s and these seemed closest comfort-wise. 

I think the Roshe's are on a whole other planet in terms of comfort because of how they are put together and the materials used. 

Same with FKs  I wear my FKTs barefoot and tight-laced, so they are tough to compare.

Much different than how I wear my FK Lunars, which I wear with socks.

These are all different beasts. 

But by no means do these fall by the wayside in terms of comfort.  I'd put them in the middle of the pack, but they just have more cushion around the entire foot than the FR2s do. Definitely a more snug shoe if you got the same size FR2s and Powerlines II.

Hope that helps.  I'd honestly wait until you can try them on to buy so you know if they will fit well.  I thought mine were fine, but after 2-3 days of wearing them, it started to be too crammed and I realized it wasn't going to work.

I probably can't return my 10.5 now anyway so I'll resort to craigslist an try to get retail.

Good luck!

Considering mine are a shade too small, I can't say for sure that their comfort is any greater or worse than those mentioned above. I have the FR2s and these seemed closest comfort-wise. 

I think the Roshe's are on a whole other planet in terms of comfort because of how they are put together and the materials used. 

Same with FKs  I wear my FKTs barefoot and tight-laced, so they are tough to compare.

Much different than how I wear my FK Lunars, which I wear with socks.

These are all different beasts. 

But by no means do these fall by the wayside in terms of comfort.  I'd put them in the middle of the pack, but they just have more cushion around the entire foot than the FR2s do. Definitely a more snug shoe if you got the same size FR2s and Powerlines II.

Hope that helps.  I'd honestly wait until you can try them on to buy so you know if they will fit well.  I thought mine were fine, but after 2-3 days of wearing them, it started to be too crammed and I realized it wasn't going to work.

I probably can't return my 10.5 now anyway so I'll resort to craigslist an try to get retail.

Good luck!
Thanks for all your help! Sneakerhead has free returns so I'm going to size up 0.5 and see how they feel.

Did they release these in the Diffused Taupe?

I haven't seen them for sale. Maybe they sold out and I was just sleeping.

Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom