OFFICIAL: NIKE KD VI ID Thread : Chroma ID August 12

Mine just came in.
have to send them back.
I like how they came out but they ****** up my mid sole speckle - they used different paint on each shoe holy balls.
in the last two pics, the bottom shoe has the glow in the dark paint speckle, which is what I chose. The top one has plain white paint.
I thought it was just thicker on one shoe at first but one definitely glows while the other does not.
3 weeks and $180 to get two different shoes - am pissed.
the glowing side swoosh is $ though; glows well but the top symbol does not.

View media item 508534View media item 508535View media item 508536View media item 508537

Last edited:
Mine just came in.
have to send them back.
I like how they came out but they ****** up my mid sole speckle - they used different paint on each shoe holy balls.
in the last two pics, the bottom shoe has the glow in the dark paint speckle, which is what I chose. The top one has plain white paint.
I thought it was just thicker on one shoe at first but one definitely glows while the other does not.

View media item 508534View media item 508535View media item 508536View media item 508537
Damn. Hope mine turn out well. That is some garbage. Smh.

Mine just came in.
have to send them back.

Smh well at least you could get a 15 or 20% off coupon.

Finally got them. Bruce Lee inspired. Love them! No complaints here. I was kind of scared that the crimson air unit wouldn't work well but it worked out perfect. Sorry for the quick crappy/Instagram pics but I was on my out when I got them. Been really busy lately so I didn't have the time to take better pics. Anyways...

View media item 509088
View media item 509089
View media item 509090
View media item 509091
View media item 509092

Very nice. Could've done some red speckle blood splatter and Called them kill bills.

IDs lookin good :smokin

To those that got their pairs, how do these fit compared to the KD4 or KD5 IDs?
I recommend tts or a half size down. Personally, the pair I got for basketball will be a half size down, and casual pairs will be tts. These run a little bigger than the kd 4 for sure.

Finally got them. Bruce Lee inspired. Love them! No complaints here. I was kind of scared that the crimson air unit wouldn't work well but it worked out perfect. Sorry for the quick crappy/Instagram pics but I was on my out when I got them. Been really busy lately so I didn't have the time to take better pics. Anyways...

View media item 509088
View media item 509089
View media item 509090
View media item 509091
View media item 509092
Very nice. Red laces would look awesome too. Is the color on point with the kobe v Bruce Lee?

How do I get the coupon? Do they auto send it once they get the shoes back?
thanks - i already sent them back.
The only way to get a coupon from them is to call customer service and complain about your "defect".  Try to be nice, and explain how you spent $180 and waited 1 month for the shoe, and it is unacceptable that the midsole speckles are not the same color.  Try to be persistent, but not mean.  

Edit: If you need additional help, talk to Jada.  He seems to get coupons every month.

Last edited:
So touchdowntodd also got the white sole instead of green... sounds like Nike is screwing these up.  jamminj did you order the green GITD outsole or the white?

So touchdowntodd also got the white sole instead of green... sounds like Nike is screwing these up.  jamminj did you order the green GITD outsole or the white?

maybe i'm color blind, but the GITD soles look green to me.

Maybe you guys are expecting the sole to be more green because you had 'glow effect' enabled when making ids?

i'm still waiting for my pair to ship. i'ts been about 3 weeks already

These just came in yesterday. I think I may need to return them....I messed up by going with a red liner as opposed to purple as I had done on the IV's and it just seems out of place. I can't figure out if I want to keep, which means I think return is they way to go. May make them again but with a purple liner. Let me know thoughts.

View media item 509322

These just came in yesterday. I think I may need to return them....I messed up by going with a red liner as opposed to purple as I had done on the IV's and it just seems out of place. I can't figure out if I want to keep, which means I think return is they way to go. May make them again but with a purple liner. Let me know thoughts.

View media item 509322
Could you post a few better pictures of them? I'm just trying to get a feel for all the different colorways. Particularly the crimson laces. They look funny online. Personally, I like the red liner, but they're your shoes.

Last edited:

View media item 509322
they look dope
i personally think the red liner looks better. i feel the purple liner looks more out of place than the red, but that's just me .

maybe i'm color blind, but the GITD soles look green to me.

Maybe you guys are expecting the sole to be more green because you had 'glow effect' enabled when making ids?

i'm still waiting for my pair to ship. i'ts been about 3 weeks already
If you look at my pic a page back or so, you can see the bottom of the KD IV Galaxy and the KD VI. The KD IV coloring is what I expected when ordering the green GITD sole, not that milky white shade that I got. HOVKid's pair looks like it has a green sole and that is what I was expecting.

Now when I took my white sole pair outside and then come back to see the glow effect, it looks perfectly fine. It's just when the sole is not glowing.

I ordered the white sole and got it. I liked the color and the glow effect is strong.
If they had messed up and put the same white paint on both shoes I would have kept them.
The white looked better in daylight. Just didn't like each shoe being different.
Will try ordering another pair once I get my refund and hope they don't mess it up again.

@HOVKid can you tell me what colors you used on that? Just want to get a feel for how the colors come out in real life, like the swoosh, sole, laces and lining.

I tried calling in about my ****** up pair and they were no help.
Said I can reorder them and basically told me I'm SOL.
They offered me a free shipping code and I pointed out that these already include free shipping...
Sucks because i want another pair, but waiting another month is killer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom